GA Policy Posted.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
RE - San Diego....There's an ARCO AM=PM west of the property and a Chili's restaurant cut into the arena lot....there's a series of businesses including SOMA, an all-age club, east of the arena ...

BUT....please consider this, and I've already warned BAW...its about 400+ yards from the sidewalk/street to the north end of that arena...get your tennis shoes on......
good luck!

Last edited:
What reason is there to run for it? Makes no sense, and didn't happen last tour. An orderly walk while maintaining line position makes much more sense. There is no difference between being 17 in line and 117. And there aren't going to be thousands there at the crack of dawn.

Alright, way too much is being made of this. It is going to be such a non-issue that day. Everyone of us that will be there early has done this before many times before. Over 30 times myself. Never once saw an all out run.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:
double post...interference hiccup. Sorry.

Just curious how many shows did you attend on Elevation and which shows?

Soma's might be the best place to have the GA line and the list. I do not want a Bruce Springsteen Dulutch, GA Winnabago incident from 2003.

cmb737 said:
What reason is there to run for it? Makes no sense, and didn't happen last tour. An orderly walk while maintaining line position makes much more sense. There is no difference between being 17 in line and 117. And there aren't going to be thousands there at the crack of dawn.

Alright, way too much is being made of this. It is going to be such a non-issue that day. Everyone of us that will be there early has done this before many times before. Over 30 times myself. Never once saw an all out run.

Yes! Amen to all of that. Once you're in the "heart," or the "egg," you're in. The smartest fan, in my opinion, is #300 in line, who is the last to make it into the heart and who waits the least amount of time in line.

There will be a handful of hardcore freaks there before 9 am, of course (and I mean that in a nice way!). But let's not kid ourselves: most people with GA tickets are NOT on this message board, and will show up later in the day. Any talk of "sprinting" anywhere at 9 am is silly.

Super_Fan said:
Just curious how many shows did you attend on Elevation and which shows?

Soma's might be the best place to have the GA line and the list. I do not want a Bruce Springsteen Dulutch, GA Winnabago incident from 2003.

My wife and I combined to see these shows:

San Diego
Anahiem 1
Albany
Hartford
Hamilton, ON
Chicago 2 on 1st leg
Salt Lake City
Las Vegas
Phoenix on 1st leg
Phoenix on 3rd leg
Houston
Dallas 1st leg
Dallas 3rd leg
Denver 1st leg
Denver 3rd leg
Tacoma
Vancouver
Chicago 3,4 on 1st leg
Chicago 1,2 on 3rd leg
Austin
LA 1,2,3 on 3rd leg
Oakland 1,2 on 3rd leg
Kansas City
St. Louis
Atlanta
Tampa
Miami on 3rd leg

There isn't going to be a Bruce Springsteen Duluth GA, everything is going to be fine. Every once in a while there was a bit of bickering when people wanted to let friends in. Everyone was always calm and having a good time. For those that might be reading this that this is their first GA experience, don't let people screw with your head. This will be a fun easy calm experience.

A specific location can't be determined yet as was pointed, out many don't read this board. It will naturally occur somewhere that morning. Most likely on the sidewalk closest to the arena, just on the other side of the fence. Historically this is what happened on the 3rd leg when arenas didn't allow fans to line up on their property.

Let it happen...it will be fine.

spinninghead77 said:

Why would a gas station let us line up there?

What if the Zootops or the @U2 people have agreed to start a line elsewhere?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the VAST majority of fans at U2 shows, for those who are new to all of this, are not online all the time like we are.

When you get to the GA line, just ask a couple strangers if they are following the "rules" that were discussed in this forum. I guarantee you that 99% of the people you ask will be like, "what are you talking about?"

LyricalDrug said:

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but the VAST majority of fans at U2 shows, for those who are new to all of this, are not online all the time like we are.

When you get to the GA line, just ask a couple strangers if they are following the "rules" that were discussed in this forum. I guarantee you that 99% of the people you ask will be like, "what are you talking about?"

That is exactly my point. Since very few people that will be in the line are here online (or online at all) we can talk all we want about where to line up, but other lines might be started elsewhere by others and other plans might be made.

Somebody has to be the first person to get there. Whoever that person is will really dictact whether the line is on the sidewalk, at the gas station or what not.

exactly. Not super_fan. Or anyone in particular.

Let U2 nature take its course. It ALWAYS works out. There will be so much of a good vibe out there that morning being the tour opener. Everyone will be excited.

Last edited:
cmb737 said:

My wife and I combined to see these shows:

San Diego
Anahiem 1
Albany
Hartford
Hamilton, ON
Chicago 2 on 1st leg
Salt Lake City
Las Vegas
Phoenix on 1st leg
Phoenix on 3rd leg
Houston
Dallas 1st leg
Dallas 3rd leg
Denver 1st leg
Denver 3rd leg
Tacoma
Vancouver
Chicago 3,4 on 1st leg
Chicago 1,2 on 3rd leg
Austin
LA 1,2,3 on 3rd leg
Oakland 1,2 on 3rd leg
Kansas City
St. Louis
Atlanta
Tampa
Miami on 3rd leg

There isn't going to be a Bruce Springsteen Duluth GA, everything is going to be fine. Every once in a while there was a bit of bickering when people wanted to let friends in. Everyone was always calm and having a good time. For those that might be reading this that this is their first GA experience, don't let people screw with your head. This will be a fun easy calm experience.

A specific location can't be determined yet as was pointed, out many don't read this board. It will naturally occur somewhere that morning. Most likely on the sidewalk closest to the arena, just on the other side of the fence. Historically this is what happened on the 3rd leg when arenas didn't allow fans to line up on their property.

Let it happen...it will be fine.

What was your # in Miami?

cmb737 said:

A voice of reason. Thanks :)

i think they should line everybody up at 6pm at a spot about a mile down the road and at 6:05 pm open the doors

then its everybody for themselves, fastest people get in first

that way, there really is no incentive to get there before 6, and it is a fair system for who gets to go in first

Chizip said:
i think they should line everybody up at 6pm at a spot about a mile down the road and at 6:05 pm open the doors

that way, there really is no incentive to get there before 6, and it is a fair system for who gets to go in first

:lmao: feats of strength (i'm thinking Festivus...next, in the GA line, we tell each other the ways in which they have disappointed us in the last year)

ruffian said:

:lmao: feats of strength (i'm thinking Festivus...next, in the GA line, we tell each other the ways in which they have disappointed us in the last year)

Just give it up. Take off from work to get there early.

Chizip said:

Same just give it up.

Super_Fan said:

Just give it up. Take off from work to get there early.

Dude are you for real? These are jokes. Chill out or we might have to vote you off the island! :wink:

I am not sure the wife waited in line for Miami, she had a pass if I remember.

Super_Fan, maybe *you* should give it up.

Look, we don't have any answers. Period. People have experiences from the last tour, we have a one-paragraph statement from the San Diego Arena, and nothing more. You can design your own plan, but unexpected things are going to happen--maybe positive, maybe not. It's certainly worthwhile to speculate and discuss, but at a certain point we simply can't predict how things will go, and getting into a pissing match about who has attended more shows and is "right" doesn't help. Let's hope people don't act like idiots, and let's all be respectful and courteous. You can start here.

yes...agreed.

A good indicator of one's line "skills" are their forum "skills"

I personally have "knumbchuck skills" and "computer hacking skills" on my resume and in my profile.

well since i still have the plane ticket and have taken off work as super_fan suggested, ill still be in san diego, thus need the bed

maybe ill catch a movie there or something...

please, don't get Super_Fan heated up over that 18" of sidewalk...he'll argue it's actually 16" of sidewalk per GA individual--he knows someone who drew up the rule :)

Back
Top Bottom