GA lines, fan club only line question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBonofactor

The Fly
If you purchased GA tix during the public sale instead of the U2.com presale, but you are a U2.com member and have proof of such, do you queue in the regular line or the U2.com line?

Is there a big difference being on either queue line?

offically I think you need to be a member of u2.com and show a printout of your membership to get into that line.. I don't think you actually need VIP or presale stamped on your tickets.. The advantage of getting into the u2.com member line is that it's shorter then the regular GA line.. they both merge towards the front.. so your more likely to get closer floor seats then the regular line.. I don't think it effects getting into the elipse..

:eyebrow: I'm confused. I thought the tickets needed to be stamped FAN in order to be admitted into the U2.com line. Then you would to present proof that you're a member. Do I have it wrong? kevinfor I like your explanation a lot better than mine because I am a u2.com member but I didn't get many of my tix during the presale.

if there was a presale for the show you are at then the tickets have to say fan on them

if there was no presale for that show then you just need proof you are a u2.com member

the whole thing is just silliness and confuses everyone. i probably answered that question 500 times while i was in chicago. there should just be 1 line, first come first serve, no lottery. would make everything much easier for everyone.

The second line being broken off by UC/PM Management or whatever so late in the day was a tough pill to swallow... :mad: :madspit:

In Denver, the 2nd line was started by personnel much earlier in the day, so it was not as hard on one's psyche since people went directly to that line as they arrived.

For Chicago 1, the line broke off sometime after 4:30 so to all of a sudden have all these people be at our level in the next line SUCKED... just SUCKED...

On the plus side, at the beginning that line moved MUCH slower since they were checking whether it actually did read FAN on the tix or not...

And to the :censored: that was rude to Chizip and I when we were checking tickets and told us "I know what I have, you dont need to check them for us"... hope you got held back

:macdevil:

Chizip said:

the whole thing is just silliness and confuses everyone. i probably answered that question 500 times while i was in chicago. there should just be 1 line, first come first serve, no lottery. would make everything much easier for everyone.

:applaud:

Miroslava said:

In Denver, the 2nd line was started by personnel much earlier in the day, so it was not as hard on one's psyche since people went directly to that line as they arrived.

But the staff kept giving conflicting information on whether U2.com members with profiles could get in the Presale line. I had my profile but opted to stay in the regular line because I was closer to the front but then I think I screwed myself because the U2.com line did move faster. :scream: But I got a good spot on the rail anyway.

joyfulgirl said:

But the staff kept giving conflicting information on whether U2.com members with profiles could get in the Presale line. I had my profile but opted to stay in the regular line because I was closer to the front but then I think I screwed myself because the U2.com line did move faster. :scream: But I got a good spot on the rail anyway.

Well, yes :(

I never found out that it was available to either Fan ticket holder or U2.com people until much later in the day, so I missed out on that whole thing thinking it was only for FAN ticket holders as delineated by the monkeys with computers at U2.com :huh:

Ended up on the rail center anyway (from an original 2nd off the rail position), but only after sweet talking my way there...

:sexywink:

Last edited:
Chizip said:

simple truth:yes:

Miroslava said:

Ended up on the rail center anyway (from an original 2nd off the rail position), but only after sweet talking my way there...

:sexywink:

That's funny because I was 2nd off the rail, too, behind a very short mother-daughter team so I could see perfectly, and then they left early (crazy) so I got the rail for the 2nd half of the show. It was shocking to me that I got there at 7AM and at first still ended up 2nd off the rail and directly behind me were people who got there at 2 in the afternoon. Made no sense.

joyfulgirl said:

That's funny because I was 2nd off the rail, too, behind a very short mother-daughter team so I could see perfectly, and then they left early (crazy) so I got the rail for the 2nd half of the show. It was shocking to me that I got there at 7AM and at first still ended up 2nd off the rail and directly behind me were people who got there at 2 in the afternoon. Made no sense.

I know... I got there at 8:30 am and was #80something... don't remember... I would have thought that would have guaranteed me the rail for sure... but such is the lottery... not a lot of the early people made it in, so we were all piling outside :mad:

For Chicago I got there at 7:30 am, had #106 and ended up 3rd from the rail and the chick that complained to me the next day about us being tall and having the balls to stand in front of her arrived at 12:30.

:madspit:

Last edited:
Miroslava said:

For Chicago I got there at 7:30 am, had #106 and ended up 3rd from the rail and the chick that complained to me the next day about us being tall and having the balls to stand in front of her arrived at 12:30.

:madspit:

I wrote about this somewhere else...there was a short woman behind me who got there at 1:30 and wanted to get in front of me because I'm tall. I felt really guilty about saying no but she had such an annoying personality that I didn't feel like helping her. Plus I'd been there since 7AM and if you start letting every short person in front of you you end up in the back of GA.

So then last weekend at the Springsteen show in Denver, small world, there she was across the aisle from me. She had 3rd row seats and I thought, ok, now I don't feel so bad that she had to stand behind me at U2 because she's got damned good Springsteen seats, lol. But then 3rd song into the show security arrives to remove her from the seats she has stolen. When she got up she was so drunk that her husband had to hold her up to keep her from falling down. Then I realllly felt justified because anyone who gets drunk before a very very classing solo evening with The Boss even starts, and steals seats, clearly did not deserve the rail at U2 two weeks earlier. How's that for logic? :lol:

:der: there's no reason to feel guilty... and that lady is clearly an eejit :madspit:

And yes, I was one of the ones talking about the GA experience with you in that thread when you are a bit taller :D

joyfulgirl said:

I wrote about this somewhere else...there was a short woman behind me who got there at 1:30 and wanted to get in front of me because I'm tall. I felt really guilty about saying no but she had such an annoying personality that I didn't feel like helping her. Plus I'd been there since 7AM and if you start letting every short person in front of you you end up in the back of GA.

So then last weekend at the Springsteen show in Denver, small world, there she was across the aisle from me. She had 3rd row seats and I thought, ok, now I don't feel so bad that she had to stand behind me at U2 because she's got damned good Springsteen seats, lol. But then 3rd song into the show security arrives to remove her from the seats she has stolen. When she got up she was so drunk that her husband had to hold her up to keep her from falling down. Then I realllly felt justified because anyone who gets drunk before a very very classing solo evening with The Boss even starts, and steals seats, clearly did not deserve the rail at U2 two weeks earlier. How's that for logic? :lol:

How ironic! You're so right though, I never understood people who get completely smashed at concerts and annoy the hell out of everyone. At least she got what was coming to her :wink:

Miroslava said:

And yes, I was one of the ones talking about the GA experience with you in that thread when you are a bit taller :D

:reject: Sorry. It was boring enough the first time, lol.

i love it when a thread that asks a stupid question thats been asked a million times (sorry mr thread starter) actually turns into something decent

i think we can all agree that the lottery, 2 lines, and short drunk people suck

even if they want to do the lottery, fine, ill give them that, at least its a fair system

but splitting the line into 2 is an unfair system that varies from venue to venue and only ends up screwing more fans than it helps

Chizip said:
i love it when a thread that asks a stupid question thats been asked a million times (sorry mr thread starter) actually turns into something decent

i think we can all agree that the lottery, 2 lines, and short drunk people suck

even if they want to do the lottery, fine, ill give them that, at least its a fair system

but splitting the line into 2 is an unfair system that varies from venue to venue and only ends up screwing more fans than it helps

:yes:

My, my... pretty eyelashes AND a brain...

:hmm:

Chizip said:

Hello, it may be a stupid question that's been asked a million times but the U2.com site sucks so bad I could not easily find the answer and I don't have time to search every other thread here to see if it's been asked before.

At least you apologized in advance for criticising me.

On another note, how easy is it to find a stranger/buddy in the GA line to double both people's chances of getting into the bomb shelter? I'm going to Philly tomorrow alone.

If you are getting there early, you will have time to walk the line, see who else is solo and cheekily start making deals...

Last edited:
i know, i really didn't mean any offense, its just that these kinds of questions keep getting asked over and over again...

u2.com's stupid policies are very confusing, and trying to find the information you need on their website is a waste of time

to answer your new question, yes it is very easy to find a buddy to try to beep with. just talk to the people in line around you and im sure youll find one in no time

good luck!

Chizip said:
to answer your new question, yes it is very easy to find a buddy to try to beep with. just talk to the people in line around you and im sure youll find one in no time

good luck!

Thanks! It's been a long wait since buying the tix in January.

Back
Top Bottom