GA Line Ups

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1st Melbourne show - lined up at 8:45 am, ended up in the 2nd row in front of the B man himself!

2nd Melbourne show - wandered in at 6:30 pm, finished up a few metres behind the dividing fence on the arena floor, only about 50m away from the main stage, near Bono & Edge's B-stage...

I showed up at about 3pm, and Just made it into the eclipse.
Some people waited for several days, which is just not neccesary, I suggest 11am and you will have a great spot.

I arrived at 9.30am. Landed in the Elipse area, 3 back from the barrier at the end of the b-stage on Edge's side, exactly where I wanted to be. Could have gotten closer to the main stage, but I wanted the runway possie. People arriving up as late as about 2.00pm were all able to access the Elipse area and get pretty close.

Being my first U2 outing I wasn't taking any chances.

Last edited:
What do the GA fan club tickets do for Hawaii? And what do the codes mean on the tickets with the numbers after the GA?

First Melb show - arrived 4:35pm, (Burn in Hell Matt! ;-P) just missed the inner zone, got 1st row against the rail. Awesome, but a long day on your feet if you are not used to it, defending a spot till they came on at 9:10pm.

Second night, arrived 3:55pm, made it into a cage, and brisk walk inside just made it into the inner zone, probably the last 10% to do so. Cutting it very fine...

SOOO much better experience - we took books, and lay down just in front of the rail, plenty of room, relaxed, chilled, felt guilty with the stares of so many right behind us doing it rough! We were quite relaxed come 9:10pm and U2 coming out. You had passout stamps, so we could wander around, go to the loo, get food, nick up into the stands to see the awesome spectacle of so many people (looks way more packed than it is), then flash your cheapest ticket and go back to the best seats in the whole stadium! We felt so blessed, it was just so easy.

The back of the inner zone is awesome - near "front row" experience, plenty of room to stay back so my wife could see (me 6'4", she 5'2") Her first show and it was near perfect.

Agree with all those here. Midday and you should be fine. Haiwaii could be a different story though with Pearl Jam there as well. I would be there at 7AM to see those acts just to be sure!

I did GA for 4 of the Australian shows (Sydney 2 & 3, Adelaide, Melbourne 2) and I got there before 11am each time and got into the fenced off area easily. As far as what time you need to be there I think it depends on where you want to be. In these stadiums the fenced off area is huge, 4000 people say, so whilst all positions in there are great if you have a particular position in mind then the time you arrive is key. Obviously if you want to be front row then you'll need to camp out overnight. If you want to be no further back than the b-stages then my experience was get there no later than 11am. If you want to be immediately on the fences that border the ramps and the b-stages then I'd suggest 9am or earlier. This is all based on what I saw in 3 cities. Summary: If you want a truly great a spot (which I define as anywhere on or forward of the b-stages) then 11am at the latest. If you just want to get in there and aren't fussed (perhaps also you want to line up for as little time as possible) then 1pm at the latest

Sydney 2 arrived at 1130 am.... got into the ellipse easily.... right between the b stages and fairly close to the stage.

Arrived at 730 PM... and strolled into the exact same spot as sydney 2.... i got ahead of around 5000 people..... I HAD A WRISTBAND!!

bono_man2002 said:
Melbourne II - arrived 9am....3 or 4 people in front of me, on Edge's side.

I got in at 10.30 on sat and 8 am on sunday. awesome spots. bono_man, i may have been in the same cage as you!

bono_man2002 said:

:shocked:

I was in the second cage, umm....on the left of Gate 7.

whoaaaa!! same here. As in if you faced toward the gate is was on your left hand side...

Arrived at about 9.30ish- we were in the top of the 3rd GA barrier line up, the first 4000 make it into the inner circle so yeah anywhere between 11-12 would be fine. I was 1 person from the stage barrier in the circle on Adams side.

Just had to say this, but me and my mate browse this forum heaps, and it is indeed a small world because for the sunday concert, we were positioned in the 2nd row of people in the front on adams side, we also made it into the 1st 'cage'.

i was in the first cage on the left :wink: pretty intense atmosphere, but fun most of the time. got a nice tan on all exposed skin :wink:

Another question: Is there only one entrance for the people lining up all day? And once you are let in, is there a mad dash to the field? Is there any estimate on about how many rail spots there are along the b-stages including the b-stages?

Lila64 said:
Another question: Is there only one entrance for the people lining up all day? And once you are let in, is there a mad dash to the field? Is there any estimate on about how many rail spots there are along the b-stages including the b-stages?

In Melbourne there was only one gate, with two lineups branching either side of the gate. Melbourne was very well organised - especially on day 2. They had pens for people to line up in, with each pen holding a set number of people. You got your ticket signed off on and could leave the pen for however long you wanted. It was great, especially during the heat. My sister even went in to the city for a look around the shops.

wang_chung said:
My sister even went in to the city for a look around the shops.

Oh god what a brilliant idea...wish i'd thought of that but i think i was asleep for half my time in GA!!!

Bono_man2002 and Wang_Chung....Trance Ending & I were in the same pen as you .....very small world indeed.

Hahaha. It is a small world. I think i know who bono man is now - i think he was the guy wearing the red white stripes shirt with the bishop on it

Back
Top Bottom