GA from the back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZOOTB

Acrobat
I know the goal with everyone for GA is to get there early so you can be as close as possible. I don't know that I can get there too early so I was wondering if anyone has experienced GA from the back of the floor. Is it still as good? I mean still better than being in seats somewhere? Maybe if I wear those old 1970's platform shoes, I'll still have a good view.

In my opinion it wouldn't be too bad. On Elevation the back 1/4 of the floor was pretty empty. You could just hang out and relax and go back far enough so that you could see over everyone if you are short. And the view from the back of the floor is certainly as good as (almost) any of the seated tickets. The problem with the front is that you never get to take in the whole visual show, so you can look forward to that as well.

I'm thinking of coming pretty late to the 1st phoenix show then standing in line the next day.

For the fall Phoenix Elevation show, I was 3rd row outside the heart - as soon as U2 came on the crush started - I could only take it for a few songs and moved to the back of the crowd. It was pretty good vantage point plus I could move around alot more

I stood in the back at the Vegas Elevation. I'm 5'3" and I could see everything pretty well.

Desert Dog said:
For the fall Phoenix Elevation show, I was 3rd row outside the heart - as soon as U2 came on the crush started - I could only take it for a few songs and moved to the back of the crowd. It was pretty good vantage point plus I could move around alot more
How early did you get there to be 3rd row outside of the heart? I'm wondering how close I could be if I show up around 3 or 4. I don't want to be rude and try to squeeze my way up front but I'm sure some people do. How does that work out?

Saw the Elevation tour several times from the back of the GA. I stood right in front or to the side of the soundboard. Once I had a VIP pass which was in that area as well.

I loved being back there. I would move far forward for UTEOTW and Streets but for the rest of the show it is a great vantage point.

GA passes are great in that they are basically a pass for mobility.

Ive got GA for both Philly shows, my goal is to be inside the thing for one show and just outside of it for the other.

I was outside the heart right on the rail at the very tip of the heart during Elevation Charlotte, and it was fucking amazing.

Sound is best near the back of the floor for indoor arena shows. Right near the mix desk. Plus you get to see all the VIP's. Like David Spade!

Thanks for the input. Sounds like anywhere on the floor is a great place to be. Will be my first GA experience. Saw 4 Elevation shows but all were from seats.

And just a piece of advise... If anyone tries to cut in front of me they're dead :wink:

U2 GA virgin here too... but have been in my share of GAs at smaller venues and crowd surfing tards can attest to a few "accidental" punches in the gut while I carried them past me (hate crowd surfers, specially since none of the shows I am referring to really played that kinda music) and several annoying girls at several shows that have tried to get in front of me after showing up at the last minute can attest to the fact that I am pretty damn immovable and have a powerful "skank eye" :wink:

Though actually, the only time anyone snuck by me was at Brooklyn though it didnt affect my positioning or view... and well, I guess that technically voids my U2 GA virginity! :shifty:

Anyway

Denver Night 1
Chicago Night 1
Dublin 1 and 2

:wink:

Bottom line is, I am respectful of others at shows, but sadly, not everyone lives by those rules... :madspit:

Last edited:
Moving closer in GA is difficult and extremely rude ... once the crush happens its very tight .. I was at the Brooklyn show about 15 feet from the stage , you couldn't move an inch

njelevation06 said:
Moving closer in GA is difficult and extremely rude ... once the crush happens its very tight .. I was at the Brooklyn show about 15 feet from the stage , you couldn't move an inch

:yes: On both accounts... I had a line of bruises around my midsection after Brooklyn from the barrier.. not that I noticed when it happened nor am I complaining! :wink:

We had GAs for Providence2 on Elevation, but my wife was pregnant, so the crush at the front was out of the question. We stood at the back, directly in front of the mix board. The view was great, and we even had a railing to lean back against through the whole show.

I got kicked in the head in GA at a Radiohead show in high school and almost peed on (by a girl, no less...) at a Dave Matthews Band show. But I've also gotten down front for a couple of great shows by Bob Dylan, Ryan Adams, and a few others. It just depends on the crowd.

I have GA's for Philly 2. And of course I want to be right down front, and I'll be in line early, but I'm not going to squash somebody just to get closer. GA is great because of the experience you share with the people around you, but everybody has to be cool, or GA sucks.

Hopefully everybody will use common sense and common courtesy: not cutting in line, not dropkicking the person in front of them to get 4 inches closer to Bono, not drinking enough to puke on their neighbor.

I know the shows will all be great, whether you have nosebleed seats or GA. Everybody's going to have a blast!

Back
Top Bottom