GA/Ellipse Wristbands - Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nephilim

Babyface
I've been going to U2 shows for almost two decades and I've amassed a large collection of ticket stubs, writsbands, etc.

My question is about the GA/Ellipse writsbands for the 3rd leg of the Vertigo tour. Are they the same as the first leg? I ask because Floor tickets where I live (LA) are going for $300+ each, and I don't want to pay that much unless there are new writsbands to add to my collection.

I know this is a little obsessive, but the collection is pretty cool when you see it. I can't find information anywhere about what the wristbands for the 3rd leg look like.

I got two at the show I went to on the 1st leg (I got selected for the ellipse). The first was a solid Neon green with a white box containing the word VERTIGO with two slashes . The second was a blue and white checked writsband with the same white box containing the word VERTIGO. Both had the Vertigo logo printed on them in black-light ink.

Do these sound similar to the ones people have been recieving on the 3rd leg so far? Is there anyone who has been on the floor or in the ellipse on both legs who can let me know if there are any differences?

Thanks,

A devoted (if somewhat obsessive) U2 fan

this is a picture i took inside the ellipse durring the 10/10 show at MSG... you can see someone's wristbands. hope that answers your questions

52027847_d1beb63b64_b.jpg

I have ellipse bands from the three most recent shows. I can photograph them and post it when I get home. They look the same, just different colors. I never got one on the first leg so I'm not sure if they're the same as those.

My three look like the blue one in Headache's pic. The wristband with the circles is just the floor band and the one w/ the lines is the ellipse band (which has little symbols on it that show up under blacklight).

If you have so many and they are the same, maybe you could take them all along until you know which color you need to get in the ellipse, hehe. The bands don't have dates on them and you don't need your ticket punched to get in the ellipse (if you win VERTIGO, they punch your ticket, but I was at the back of the floor the other day and ask for wristbands and the girl gave them to me, but didn't punch my ticket. They only checked the ellipse band with the blacklight). :macdevil:

I wonder how easy it would be to make a fake one to get into the ellipse (can I get in trouble for even saying that)

tbird said:
I wonder how easy it would be to make a fake one to get into the ellipse (can I get in trouble for even saying that)

Like I said before, they use blacklights to check for authenticity. So you'd have to have a wristband that not only looks real, but has the right symbols that show up under blacklight (they check at two different spots as you're going in).

see how desperate I am to get in the ellipse?! Is anyone going to Vegas alone.. if you get in and need a partner, look for me!!! (we are a group of 5, someone must get scanned in.. odds are in our favor?)

tbird said:
(we are a group of 5, someone must get scanned in.. odds are in our favor?)

yeah, but odds are strongly against you getting all five in on one scan. I got four people in on Tuesday and we had to plead and look like we were going to cry. Luckily, we were so close to the front of the line and everything was getting congested, the guy gave in.

They're very different. I brought my one floor wristband and a roll of scotch tape with me last time I went with behind-the-stage seats cause if they were the same I was going to tape it on and sneak onto the floor...

Varitek said:
They're very different. I brought my one floor wristband and a roll of scotch tape with me last time I went with behind-the-stage seats cause if they were the same I was going to tape it on and sneak onto the floor...

You need a GA ticket to get on the floor. You don't always have to show your ticket again to get in the ellipse, but you can't get on the floor with just a wristband (unless the staff isn't doing their job).

I'm surprised Interferencers are willing to openly discuss in a U2 forum how to cheat the band's system. What good can come of it? This sort of thing was rampant on the previous tour, continues on this tour and is part of the reason we have this bullshit lottery.

Nephilim...if your only interest in starting this thread was adding to your "collection"...I'm sure there are people in this forum who'll send you some extra bands in the new designs at the end of the tour. If your interest was something more sinister...a thinly veiled attempt to fish for information about wristbands, so you know whether or not you can reuse your "collection" from the first leg...well, you've gotten the info you need. Whatever the case is, this thread needs to be deleted.

Re: Re: GA/Ellipse Wristbands - Please Help

atikicat said:
I'm surprised Interferencers are willing to openly discuss in a U2 forum how to cheat the band's system. What good can come of it? This sort of thing was rampant on the previous tour, continues on this tour and is part of the reason we have this bullshit lottery.

Nephilim...if your only interest in starting this thread was adding to your "collection"...I'm sure there are people in this forum who'll send you some extra bands in the new designs at the end of the tour. If your interest was something more sinister...a thinly veiled attempt to fish for information about wristbands, so you know whether or not you can reuse your "collection" from the first leg...well, you've gotten the info you need. Whatever the case is, this thread needs to be deleted.

It doesn't matter b/c it's apparent in this thread that you can't cheat the system...unless you have the right colored wristband and have the ability to know exactly what symbol needs to show up on it under blacklight to be legit.

u2wedge said:
Cheaters suck.

I prefer that :yes:

I have faith that anyone who tries to reuse wristbands will get caught and get tossed out, as they should. You can't have the best spot in the house for every show. Deal with it. I'll be having a blast way up in the rafters in Buffalo--at least I'm in the house.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

You need a GA ticket to get on the floor. You don't always have to show your ticket again to get in the ellipse, but you can't get on the floor with just a wristband (unless the staff isn't doing their job).

was not the case at MSG...

you needed a GA ticket to get in the "GA entrance." once inside the building, all you needed was the proper wrist band to get onto the floor. they never once checked a ticket.

D.C. I knew the dude who check you into the ellipse stage right. He had no idea what he was looking for with the mag light. I had to assist him after entering the ellipse (yes I was one of the first 6 people into the ellipse for D.C. #2) on what he was looking for. The symbols under the mag light of course. No system in the world is Full Proof to be honest with everyone. The only way it can be Full Proof is ....................... will not say. U2 would have to hire me and replace Alison.:wink:

Super_Fan said:
D.C. I knew the dude who check you into the ellipse stage right. He had no idea what he was looking for with the mag light. I had to assist him after entering the ellipse (yes I was one of the first 6 people into the ellipse for D.C. #2) on what he was looking for. The symbols under the mag light of course. No system in the world is Full Proof to be honest with everyone. The only way it can be Full Proof is ....................... will not say. U2 would have to hire me and replace Alison.:wink:

'Full Proof'... are you talking about the ellipse?... :lmao: get it? Full... proof... ? No pun intended, I'm sure!

and seriously... any fan who cheats the system at the expense of a bona fide GA ticketholder is just an ass.

Super_Fan said:
No system in the world is Full Proof to be honest with everyone. The only way it can be Full Proof is ....................... will not say. U2 would have to hire me and replace Alison.:wink:
It's not Alison's job to keep people from doing what they know is wrong. That's their own job. People are human, of course, which is why NO system is EVER foolproof. They could scan people's retinas in order to permit admission to the floor and the ellipse, and it would still fail because some fool with security would let their friends in or take a bribe, etc.

At the end of the day you just have to accept the fact that human beings are flawed, but have faith that the majority will choose do the right thing. Going to drastic measures to prevent the inevitable is not only a waste of time and money, but an admission by the band that they lack faith in the majority of their fans, employees and mankind in general. Unless this is what you want to see happen, then I see no reason for this thread to continue.
:lock: :lock: :lock: :lock:

u2wedge said:

'Full Proof'... are you talking about the ellipse?... :lmao: get it? Full... proof... ? No pun intended, I'm sure!

and seriously... any fan who cheats the system at the expense of a bona fide GA ticketholder is just an ass.

correction... make that a dumbass

It is Alison's job to catch the GA system cheaters which should be in her job description. Not to have a glass of wine in one hand and yell in the mic with the other hand. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom