GA Against the rail.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amarks86

The Fly
Why does everyone say they love it against the rail? I got against the rail in the Video Shoot tonight and now wish I was at least 1 person back. My knees are a nice dark purple from attempting to jump up and down, then banging my knees against the rail. Now I'm not some cripple old lady, I'm a 19 year old guy in decent shape. Anyways, at least I know for my GA show on Friday to stay clear of the rail. I guess the rail is more for people that GA is tough enough for just to stand up for the whole show so they can lean on it, but I wanna jump around and have a good time!

Because at least you have something to hold onto, and you can brace yourself and push yourself back some. If you are in the middle of people only, believe me the smooshing is MUCH WORSE! (and much grosser when their sweat and beer gets on you) You may have bruised knees, but you may have had your lungs crushed or been totally knocked to the ground if you didn't have the rail. I will never do any GA again without the rail.

Thats why it should be first come first serve. Not to place people who wait all day to get shut out of the Ellipse and feel the bodys of others pushing behind you to the Ellipse tip.

i was a row behind for yestardays video shoot and i did not like it :-( so i HOPE to god i can get in the rail today! or else i am moving to the very back. i didn't like it cos one i had a person over 6 ft tall right infront of me always lifting his arms up and i am only 5'4" and two people where all sweaty and i could smell the BO from one person that was pushing into me!

I'd prefer the rail and would gladly take the bruising, because I'm only 5'2" and had a hard time seeing even when I was only two heads back from the rail in Seattle.

dabiggestu2fan said:
i was a row behind for yestardays video shoot and i did not like it :-( so i HOPE to god i can get in the rail today! or else i am moving to the very back. i didn't like it cos one i had a person over 6 ft tall right infront of me always lifting his arms up and i am only 5'4" and two people where all sweaty and i could smell the BO from one person that was pushing into me!

Yeah smelling BO is always nasty!

hey julie! :hug:

The rail is great 1) if you are short 2) because you don't feel much pushing 3) because you can rest your arms and shoulders (that's a big one) and 4) you are closer to the U2 love :heart:

Okay, stupid question from the complete Vertigo tour newbie (which is me - I haven't been to a U2 concert)... LOL.

"The rail" is anywhere against the outside of the ellipse, right? I'm just getting confused as to when people refer to the outside of the rail, to the right of the rail, etc.

:huh:

U2Kitten said:
Because at least you have something to hold onto, and you can brace yourself and push yourself back some. If you are in the middle of people only, believe me the smooshing is MUCH WORSE! (and much grosser when their sweat and beer gets on you) You may have bruised knees, but you may have had your lungs crushed or been totally knocked to the ground if you didn't have the rail. I will never do any GA again without the rail.
Well on Tuesday I was at a weezer concert moshing and walked out drenched in my own and other peoples sweat. I guess I could care less about that. :p

Back
Top Bottom