G A Policy for UK and European Stadium Gigs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Be early, run fast and try to get in the enclosed part front of stage.....
When going to Brussels, see to it that you have a 'blue zone' ticket. This will give you access to the enclosed part..... they are the finest tickets, so very hard to get.... I've got one for myself :)

Some of the stadiums it sounds like will have seating also for the GA/Pitch crowd. No one has confirmed or denied this yet though.

ElectricalVoice said:

Can't be true. No way. How does it sound like that?

Because someone's UK GA tickets say Pitch Standing and Unreserved Seating.

Also look at this http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/seatingchart/279793/10431

It says general seating and there are no seats sold for Cardiff that are NOT labeled "M" or "U".

To me it sounds like you can have your choice, but I have not seen anything official yet.

Princey said:
Cardiff tickets arrived this morning!!
however i have a sneaking suspicion they are not the GA tickets i ordered as they have no barcode on. They also say 'unreserved seating and pitch access'. can anyone confirm for me these are GA?

I'm confused-"blue zones?" Has this been discussed before? I'm flying from California for Twickenham and Dublin and EVERYBODY I spoke to said it's ALL standing and they expected the Ellipse policy to be the same and that all GA"s were the same....

Vorsprung said:
RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D fucking excited about the run already!!! :D

"DON'T RUN, WALK!"...

That's what the Glendale Arena personal were trying to say to me, without success. :wink:

GA seats in Cardiff will almost certainly be the lower level seating in the stands.

The stadium has three tiers of seating: lower, mid and upper. If you've got GA tickets you'll be able to either stand on the pitch or take a pew in the lower level seats immediately pitch-side. Highly unlikely there will be seating on the pitch itself.

The show in Belgium will be the only gig where there are two kinds of GA. Blue zone (6.600 tix sold at 85 Euros each). The blue zone will be the area front of stage.
the Grey zone (20.000 tix sold at 75 Euros each). The grey zone is behind the blue zone. There are seperate entrance gates.
....and I've got blue zone tix :)

There will be some kind of ellipse. Willie Williams talked about it in his diary. The last bits of the stage will be added on Tuesday/Wednesday. This includes the B-stage

OffAxis said:
Some of the stadiums it sounds like will have seating also for the GA/Pitch crowd. No one has confirmed or denied this yet though.

At Popmart Wembley 1997, I had GA tickets, which allowed us onto the main pitch and then onto the seating at the back of the stadium.

We started off on the seats and then moved down onto the pitch as things got going. I guess it will work the same.

yes - because if not u2 would start doin stadiums in america. they don't because they can't do standing ga there. whereas in europe you can haev the floor all standing and getting in2 the show

On his last U.S. stadium tour, Bruce Springsteen had a GA pit area in front and center of the stage, held about 1000 people, and then the rest of the field were seats. So it can be done to a limited degree in the U.S..

Back
Top Bottom