Funniest comment that Bono made at your concert(s)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
At Vertigo Vegas 2 last year I swear he looked into the ellipse, then looked over to Edge and sang, "Scary sister's back in town." I can't recall for sure but think this was during Miss Sarajevo and I thought I imagined the whole thing but my friend confirmed that she heard it too. We both just cracked up and laugh about it to this day. I need to get my hands on a bootleg of this show to see if this really happened (we may have just been sleep deprived).

thelaj said:
At Manchester 15th June before "One" where he tells us to get out the phones... Well I was in some crazy world, and turned on the LED lights on my phone and blinded him, resulting in

*hand raised - Bono Glares*
"Turn that bright light out please"

I still haven't recovered, and can't listen to that part of the bootleg.

LOL are you serious??

SpaceOddity said:
Well, 12/19/05 is the only U2 show I've been to (sigh)... So, the funniest thing that happened there was when Bono recognized girls in the front row and asked them how many shows they'd been to on the tour. They answered (with crazy numbers), and he said he was starting to feel like Oprah and then asked, "Now, when did you start to have these feelings"? lol.

:lol: I think I heard that on the bootleg though I'm not sure, what song is it on/inbetween?

I was at the show. :) It was right before I Still Haven't found What I'm Looking For. He also said "You notice I'm just asking the girls."

Mine was in Perth 1998, the crowd was very dead and it was a seated floor.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!
So Bono was trying to encourage the crowd and he was saying.. as he signalled with his hands on the massive screen to come towards him he said 'Come on Perth you can do it, come to Bono!'

Carek1230 said:
My favorite "Bono-ism" isn't so much something funny that he said, but actually seeing him so moved and blown away at the Portland show 12/19 at the THANK YOU signs the GA and thousands in the stands held up. He was really pleasantly surprised and near speechless!

That's a nice story, but true it's not funny and it's off topic. But since you mentioned it though, I was at a show where he was sick and it was when his dad was dying. He continually thanked the crowd for lifting him up and kept asking the crowd to carry the show. After listetning to the bootleg several times, you could really tell in his voice that the crowd was truly lifting him, more than any other show i've been to or listened to on bootleg.

Last edited:
pisania said:

That's a nice story, but true it's not funny and it's off topic. But since you mentioned it though, I was at a show where he was sick and it was when his dad was dying. He continually thanked the crowd for lifting him up and kept asking the crowd to carry the show. After listetning to the bootleg several times, you could really tell in his voice that the crowd was truly lifting him, more than any other show i've been to or listened to on bootleg.

Was that an Albany show? The one he mentions on the Boston Elevation DVD?

JCOSTER said:

Was that an Albany show? The one he mentions on the Boston Elevation DVD?

Yeah it was the Albany, NY show from the Elevation Tour in June of 2001. Awesome show.

He did actually make a pretty funny comment before "Stay." He said something about a lot of people didnt know the song because a lot of people didnt buy that record.

Last edited:
pisania said:

Yeah it was the Albany, NY show from the Elevation Tour in June of 2001. Awesome show.

He did actually make a pretty funny comment before "Stay." He said something about a lot of people didnt know the song because a lot of people didnt buy that record.

The line of the night during that show (for me) was when he did a Stones snippet I believe, and said, "Time is not on my side."

If I had gone to the Albany show by itself, I might have been moved by the audience carrying the show, but after the sheer brilliance of Buffalo Elevation (should have been the DVD imho), Albany, for me, was a let down in comparison. Still a good show, though, for sure. Remember he flubbed the lyrics to 'In My Life' that night too, to the point when the crowd busted out in laughter.

Brooklyn, under the bridge:

"Original of the Species."

(A huge cheer erupts from the audience)

"How do you know this shit?"

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for condoning bigotry. Not everyone is like you Axver... not everyone is like you.

STOP! THE BIGOTRY

everyone here is so dark-sided, and bigoted

7673_320x240.jpg

Gargoyles!

to answer the question though:

(11/16/05 - Tampa, FL) Whenever Bono attempted Spanish at my concert I cracked up.

two shots said:
ok. Boston Dec 5:

"He is Human" (about the Edge)

Sort of ironic, considering my favourite moment.

Toronto III, Bono's trying to call BB King to wish him happy birthday at the edge of the ellipse before Yahweh, and having a lot of trouble. After a minute or two, he says "Hey Edge you try. Edge is a scientist" The crowd laughed at this, to which Bono replied "What? You think all that 'echo-unit' shit is easy?"

I can't believe no one else mentioned that, was I the onyl one at that show?

~A.j.~

Which 2001 show had the Spice Girls band introduction?

There was also a show where Bono mentions something about all the people in rearstage seating only sit there to stare ar Larry's "arse".

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom