Franz Ferninand Supporting Madrid & SS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ramblin rose

Site Team
Staff member
From U2.com:

Take Me Out !

Franz Ferdinand are set for European dates with U2 on 'Vertigo 2005'.

The Scottish art rockers, whose self-titled debut album won huge acclaim in
2004, are confirmed to play support to U2 at shows in San Sebastian
(August 9th) and Madrid (August 11th).

We also hear that Snow Patrol have added more dates when they will be on the
road with U2 - now supporting on EIGHT shows this summer.

They will be performing in Brussels (June 10th), Manchester (June 14th), Dublin (June 24th), Berlin (July 7th), Paris (July 9th and July 10th) and Amsterdam (July 15th and 16th).

More news on 'Vertigo Tour 2005' as we get it.

Another crap opening act for the Vertigo Tour ...

whats going on with hampden?? The support bands have been announced for almost every other gig!!

afc1903 said:
whats going on with hampden?? The support bands have been announced for almost every other gig!!

Guess they'll be saving the best for last ;)

Franz are the first good openning act on this tour. I am jealous, and stuck with Kings of Leon.

Am i the only person who hates Franz Effing Ferdinand?Even their name sucks! :madspit:

susanp6 said:
Am i the only person who hates Franz Effing Ferdinand?Even their name sucks! :madspit:

See my comment above.

I don't understand all the hype about them. Everything I've heard has been rather subpar.

Axver said:

See my comment above.

I don't understand all the hype about them. Everything I've heard has been rather subpar.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that they're Edge's favourite "new" band (obviously that was a quite a while ago though).
To be honest, I'm not a huge fan although there is something quite appealing about their fresh sound. As a live band I think they're at their most exciting - there's an amazing energy and vitality about their stage performance. It's almost like each gig they play is their first...:shrug: I think they're alright anyway!

What worries me is Scissor Sisters are meant to be a support act too and they haven't been announced as yet. I've got a horrible feeling they'll be playing at Glasgow.

Man...you folks going to the European shows are so lucky.

Keane, Snow Patrol, Framz Ferdinand, and POSSIBLY Scissor Sisters? I would kill for any of those bands to open for the US leg. Of course, we get Kings of Leon. **yawn**

polkahard said:
Keane, Snow Patrol, Framz Ferdinand, and POSSIBLY Scissor Sisters? I would kill for any of those bands to open for the US leg. Of course, we get Kings of Leon. **yawn**

I think all of them are crap, especially the Scissor Sisters. I feel sorry for whoever's stuck with that drivel. I'd even prefer Kings Of Leon.

Though Keane seem like they might be good, actually, just from the bits I've heard.

I really could care less who opens.:shrug:

I'll never forget Austin Elevation, 5 people in my row left after No Doubt, that's who they were there to see. Better off not having fans of some super popular opening band buying up U2 tickets.

This is just so not fair - I'm gonna be queueing early for a good spot in GA at Manchester and I will have to stand through bleeding snow patrol - I though it couldn't get worse than kellis. And now to rub it in FF are playing elsewhere and I love FF :sad:

Axver - :up: i did see your comment, but i think i was so tired that i hardly really registered the fact. feeling more alert now, after some sleep!

I would actually love to see SS at Manchester, as i like them!

Back
Top Bottom