Franz Ferdinand rumored to open mexico and S. America!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Franz is in my top three favorite bands, along with U2 (1) and colplay (3). great band and good people in person

I want Keane... or The Killers...

FF's songs sound too much a like... and they really have no dept... or meaning whatsoever... :angry:

As much as I like all three of the bands you listed, pepokiss, I have to say it:

You want a band with depth and meaning, and then say you want The Killers?

:wink:

corianderstem said:
As much as I like all three of the bands you listed, pepokiss, I have to say it:

You want a band with depth and meaning, and then say you want The Killers?

:wink:

lol. I was thinking the same thing:wink:

All these opening acts suck, except Arcade Fire, compared to the ones the Stones have on their current tour. Can you beat Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas, Alanis Morissette, Beck, Pearl Jam, Wilco, Motley Crüe, or Metallica as opening acts? I saw the Stones in Dallas tonight and the show was great even though Merle Haggard was the opening act. Merle Haggard? :eeklaugh:

Last edited:
Maroon 5, Black Eyed Peas... no one will know who they were in three years...

everybody loves the Arcade fire here... so do I..... but would we care who they were if it was wasn't for that song opening the shows? would we care to find them out ourselves? I don't think so. That song is what got us all into them....

I think if U2 said they really love the Kings of Leon and picked Molly's Chamber to open all shows, we would all be saying how much the KOL rock...

Well there are a lot of bands I listened to three years ago that have dropped of my play list. I have a small core of bands that I really like and a lot of other bands that come and go. My current obsession is White Stripes but how I’ll feel about them next month who knows.

FF is okay and I like a few songs but if I’m going to listen to a set I don’t think I could do much better than Alanis Morissette, Beck, Pearl Jam, or Arcade Fire but that’s just me. I’m pretty broad-minded when it comes to music but I rate KoL below Death From Above 1979 and just above suck ass. ;)

romi said:

ever seen them live?

I don't know if any MTV awards count as seem them live... but I've seen them there and they do absolutely NOTHING for me... at least not like U2 did with Please in 97 or Mofo, or Coldplay and The Scientist in 2003.. :drool:

hell... I've liked JET a lot more that them...

the other dya I saw the caoncert Moby did here on the TV.. and it really was amazing

so FF... :madspit:

This doesn't help me trying to decide if I go see U2 or The Stones....

do like I will... see them both :wink:

I'm going to Argentina for the RS and back to Santiago for U2 :rockon:

lol to Gen Chat. And that MTV awards thing was pretty ehhhh for FF. Their better when they are closer to their fans. of they do open in S. America, just go in with an open mind and I think you will be surprised.

romi said:
everybody loves the Arcade fire here... so do I..... but would we care who they were if it was wasn't for that song opening the shows? would we care to find them out ourselves? I don't think so. That song is what got us all into them....

I'd care, and not to sound all indie-snobbish, but I had the album before the tour started.

corianderstem said:

I'd care, and not to sound all indie-snobbish, but I had the album before the tour started.

sorry... I shouldn't generalize... there are probably other fans who knew of the Arcade Fire before the tour as well. At the first San Diego show, now one around me knew, and we were all confused... It took me a little bit to love the song, and I have since got several others on iTunes.

Back
Top Bottom