Four in a row??? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > U2 Vertigo Tour Central 2004 / 2005 / 2006 Archive > General Tour Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 12:00 PM
What percent of attendees have seen past u2 tours?

80+%?

u2fp

Old 07-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by lazarus
Isn't it time for the apologists to step up and admit that this unchanging setlist is incredibly lame? Or that With Or Without You shouldn't be a permanent addition? Or that Crumbs not being played is a strange turn of events? Or that Vertigo needs to be alternated as a closer?

Or will they continue to give us a bunch of B.S. about how U2 is playing the perfect show and the perfect setlist and how we should be happy and just shut up?

<the faint bleating of sheep rises in the distance>

laz
Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy and perhaps you should find another hobby or artist to follow. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?

Old 07-08-2005, 01:47 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:00 PM
Best be starting pages and pages on Zoo TV and Popmart setlists, then.

I think the last two tours - setlistwise - proved pleasing U2 fans is impossible.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:50 PM   #19
She's the One

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy and perhaps you should find another hobby or artist to follow. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?
Fuckin' A!

I don't get the setlist bitches either.

Jesus, this is U2!! How long has it been since they varied a setlist anyhow? Which tour was that, and, more importantly, were the setlist bitches in fucking diapers when the band did vary the setlist??
Old 07-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #20
The Fly

That was the first gig I and my sons attended nad we REALLY don't mind they played the same playlist as before. Even if they had, the spirit and ambience of the show were different. And I'm really not rich enough to follow them around the world and make comparisons or get fussy.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Or maybe you should get a clue and realize its a rock concert and not let it bother you so much. Thats what I dont get about the setlist bitchers. If it bothers you that much and you spend so much time and effort into bitching about it then its very unhealthy. Isnt going to a concert and being a U2 fan suppose to be fun? If not, what is the point?
It IS fun. The thing is, we have a great interest in this band - that's why we are using up so much time DISCUSSING (not bitching, I don't like that term) the setlists. I don't give a about how George Michaels setlists are each night or if they are changing - but that's because I have no interest in his music, but I love U2, and I want them to put out the best they can and play as many of all their great songs live as possible. Some of just think that they are not doing their own material (AND their long term fans) justice by playing the songs on the current setlists at the moment. That's it and I think we have a right to feel so and discuss it as much as we want.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:00 AM
One of the downfalls of the internet.

It use to be what we didn't know didn't hurt us. But now, somehow the knowing what other people are hearing offends us...
Old 07-08-2005, 01:57 PM   #23
Refugee

I like the Killers.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:58 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by KUEFC09U2
its the same people all the time that complain, thats the real problem, we know your complaints no need to keep going on and on
Well have you thought about the fact that the people who complain about the people who complain about the setlists are actually the same all the time, too ?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM   #25
Refugee

Ah.. this reminds me of the "bitching 'bout the new album" threads...
oh, memories...
Old 07-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

u2 has brought back the electric co, an cat dubh, gloria, into the heart, the ocean, running to stand still, zoo station, whos gonna ride your wild horses, 40 and played about seven songs (eight if you include vertigox2) from atomic bomb per show and people still complain.

seriously, if you told people in february that all those songs would come back and be played regularly to semi regularly to even making sporadic appearance, i bet a lot of people would have been pretty happy about it.

but because they don't have 50 different crazy setlists theres a problem? how often have U2 had crazy setlists?

i dont mind discussing setlists, setlist order etc, but constant complaining of the setlists just confuses me.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #27
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
u2 has brought back the electric co, an cat dubh, gloria, into the heart, the ocean, running to stand still, zoo station, whos gonna ride your wild horses, 40 and played about seven songs (eight if you include vertigox2) from atomic bomb per show and people still complain.

seriously, if you told people in february that all those songs would come back and be played regularly to semi regularly to even making sporadic appearance, i bet a lot of people would have been pretty happy about it.

but because they don't have 50 different crazy setlists theres a problem? how often have U2 had crazy setlists?

i dont mind discussing setlists, setlist order etc, but constant complaining of the setlists just confuses me.
They have but how often have an cat dubh, gloria, the ocean, into the heart, OOTS and I bet some more that I cannot remember right now been played in Europe?
Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #28
musicidalist

Local Time: 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
One of the downfalls of the internet.

It use to be what we didn't know didn't hurt us. But now, somehow the knowing what other people are hearing offends us...
I know I have proposed marriage to you before, but here it goes again...

Will you marry me?

Old 07-08-2005, 02:07 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Man

It IS fun. The thing is, we have a great interest in this band - that's why we are using up so much time DISCUSSING (not bitching, I don't like that term) the setlists. I don't give a about how George Michaels setlists are each night or if they are changing - but that's because I have no interest in his music, but I love U2, and I want them to put out the best they can and play as many of all their great songs live as possible. Some of just think that they are not doing their own material (AND their long term fans) justice by playing the songs on the current setlists at the moment. That's it and I think we have a right to feel so and discuss it as much as we want.
Hey, if it was just a discussion about it I wouldnt have a problem with it either. Problem is, most of the time it isnt. Its the same cast of characters and all they are doing is bitching with the same argument over and over and 90% of the time its VERY negative. How is that fun? Spending that amount of effort to be negative about something you supposedly love so much is just odd to me. I just dont get that and I never will. Each their own. But to start calling those "sheep" or "apologists" because they dont care for the setlist bitching (and yes, thats what it is most of the time, sorry if you dont like the term) is also very negative and ridiculous to me. The person that posted that is what caused me to respond the way I did.
Old 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #30
She's the One

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Seriously, when did the band ever vary the setlists?