For those who want a stadium tour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have seen U2 in stadiums and in arenas. Honestly, I like both. They are obviously different. But there are aspects of both that are great and some that are not. I dont think one is vastly superior to the other though. :shrug:

:shifty: Where is Martha, I'm sure she would like to weigh in on the stadium debate! :laugh: :wink:

I can say that I will have the time of my life at a stadium concert because it would be U2 playing. Yeah the seats may not be up and close as in an arena would be. But for me it doesn't matter in the least bit because I would just feel lucky to be there with U2.

I must say that I prefer arenas (though to be fair I have only seen U2 in a Stadium once, and I was pretty far away and was only a cas-fan at the time). However if we're talking about U2 coming back to NA to play Stadiums next summer...Hell yes I'm for it! I mean, what's the alternative? They go back to Dublin and we wait for 2008 :shrug:

menelaos said:
God Part III in wich italian concert have you been..??
I was at the Rome one, and was outside the ellipse Adam's side...I was there from 11 in the morning...
This pic is from the Rome concert...
If only I could find a bigger one, this could be the best Vertigo tour photo ever imo...

I was in Milan, 2nd night :dance:

I was at the very front (nosebleeds I believe is the right term) so I'll be on the DVD!

Hurrah!

Queuing from 9am in the morning.

Re: Re: Re: For those who want a stadium tour

DanB said:

How old are you? Ten? Who cares if everyone is jumping up and down and yelling whee. There to see the band.

You sir are an idiot. Getting out of the inbreeding capital of the US might do you some good. Generalizing that Ireland sucks (you're from Vermont for god's sake) as do stadium shows is just confirming your ignorance to the world. Yes, there are differences between large and small venues, but there is nobody on this Earth that can take away the magic of the five European shows I saw this summer. And yes, I have also seen sixteen indoor shows, so I have some idea of the differences between the two. Oddly enough, my favorite show was Paris 1, where I sat up in the nosebleeds.

Stadium and arena shows have their pluses and minuses. I like the sound in an arena and they are generally more comfortable to attend but I like stadium shows because of the spectacle. The crowd does matter in either venue; a listless uninterested crowd does have an impact on how a band performs whether it’s in a club setting or the biggest stadium. Crowd response hasn’t been a problem on the shows I’ve been too but I think we need some arm waving for sure. It’s quite a scene for 20,000 to 80,000 fans swaying their arms in unison and I’m sure that Bono if he wanted to could pull that off.

DanB said:
Have you ever been to a stadium tour?They suck. Who wants to be 200 yards away from the band? As for the big pretty lights and screens, who cares? You
might as well stay home and play a dvd really loud. Those who get arena tours should be glad the band didn't stick you with a stadium show. The worst seats at an arena show are much better than the typical stadium seat.

No, sorry, after watching Vertigo from Chicago (and Elevation Boston) I thank U2 every day for making stadium shows in Europe.
It's a celebration, a really special time and place and atmosphere. It is something that lives inside you for many many days after the show.
I prefer the worst tickets/place on a stadium from the best ones in arena, the show is so much better.
So why don't YOU just watch a dvd at home, at least you'll be able to press "pause" button for a bathroom break:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: Re: For those who want a stadium tour

lemon_vr6 said:

You sir are an idiot. Getting out of the inbreeding capital of the US might do you some good. Generalizing that Ireland sucks (you're from Vermont for god's sake) as do stadium shows is just confirming your ignorance to the world. Yes, there are differences between large and small venues, but there is nobody on this Earth that can take away the magic of the five European shows I saw this summer. And yes, I have also seen sixteen indoor shows, so I have some idea of the differences between the two. Oddly enough, my favorite show was Paris 1, where I sat up in the nosebleeds.

Dude. You are from Oakland. Why don't you move to Detroit or Gary? Same thing. Oakland is the ghetto next to SF.

I went to five shows this year, one stadium and four indoor. The stadium (Paris 2) walked all over the majority of the indoor ones, EVEN THOUGH I COULDN'T SEE THE BAND. That's saying something

Roland of Gilead said:
Being in the same building as U2. :drool:

yeah, what he said!

I'd be so pleased if they did another leg in the US, if its stadiums or not.
I still wish that the rumor about booking Fenway Park were true--it would be so cool to get the feel of that place filled with U2 energy...
and I've never seen a stadium show, and would love to feel it..

cheers all!

DanB having read your comments here is seems ironic that you refered to somebody in another thread as a 'waste of bandwidth'.

I love the outdoor and indoor show. Unless you have a fear of large numbers of people, 70,000 waiting in anticipation of a U2 show is an event in itself.

Back
Top Bottom