For those who actually "got" GA's in the presale....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tackleberry

War Child
For all of you who were lucky enough to grab GA's in the presale, what did you select in TIcketmaster: was it "Best Available" in both categories OR was it specifically "General Admission" that you selected when you searched for tickets?

Are GA's considered the "Best Available" according to Tricket Master?

Please advise....I am curious.

specifically gneral admin or standing (cant remember exactly)
but definitely NOT "best available" - its not specific enough for me
if i want GA, i'll select GA

digsy said:
specifically gneral admin or standing (cant remember exactly)
but definitely NOT "best available" - its not specific enough for me
if i want GA, i'll select GA

oh shit
:(

it was something i learnt about a week before when i was trying to buy tsunami concert tickets for cardiff - i wanted standing and it offered me Best Availalble for standing/lower tier seats (same price) or specifically standing.
I figured if i specifically wanted standing i should specifically ask for standing - i didnt want to get there and find myself forced to sit because there wasnt enough space on the pitch anymore or something.

Same for U2, screw their best available option, if i want to stand i'll pick the standing tickets :shrug:

Last edited:
I couldn't get GAs in the end because of ordering problems, but I was able to get to the point where I had 2 GAs for Chicago held up for me. I got there by selecting 'best available', so yes, if you leave it to 'best available' and there are GA tickets, that is what they will offer you.

I selected 49.50 and GA for 5/7 - got balcony tickets at the wrong end of the UC. Declined. Then I selected 49.50 and GA for 5/9 - same area - declined.
I was :mad: and :( and started typing an email to my sister - a U2 fan in Miami. Then I stopped and thought what the heck I will try again. I went for 5/9 thinking by then all the 5/7 would be gone. I selected 49.50 and best available...and 2 GA popped up!!!! I stared at the screen in disbelief - then I came to my senses and accepted, then frantically typed my info in in the one minute allotted (WTH???).
I don't know what happened - I feel like it was divine intervention that made me stop the email and try again. ???
Can't wait for 5/9!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

At someone`s suggestion here on Interference, I selected Best Available for San Diego and was offered $163.00 - I declined, system crashed, tried again and selected "floor seats" - was miraculously succesful!!!

That's interesting... I wonder how this 'best available' thing works out. It seems like both people who asked for GA and people who asked for best available were able to get GA. I asked for Best available and got GA (but lost them), so I thought this was the fastest way to go for the general sale, but now I'm wondering if best available might be a it random... But also, like many people have said, tickets are not necessairly all released immediately, which explains why some people were able to score GAs by trying again.

oceane said:
... which explains why some people were able to score GAs by trying again.
Or maybe they just got the tix that you and others lost because of getting timed-out, getting an "error" message, credit card issues, etc.

It just depends when you got into the server really........"GA" is the best selection to make though as it is more specific.....to be honest, the people that have mentioned "Best Available" so far all had a server problem or whatever and then went back and got GAs way later then they should've been able to........so I'd definitely think that choosing GA is the best way to go.

I tried GA for both Chicago shows and got far balcony, the third time I selected Best Available and got GA for 5/9.

Hey suddenly I am The Fly :cool: - yesterday I was a Stranger

Last edited:
I selected GA ONLY .... keep doing it even after it will say none available or error ... don't stop. I got my ticket about 18 minutes into the sale. I also selected only one and I was able to get a ticket right away. I was having trouble when I had selected 2.

hluvslmj said:
I selected 49.50 and GA for 5/7 - got balcony tickets at the wrong end of the UC. Declined. Then I selected 49.50 and GA for 5/9 - same area - declined.
I was :mad: and :( and started typing an email to my sister - a U2 fan in Miami. Then I stopped and thought what the heck I will try again. I went for 5/9 thinking by then all the 5/7 would be gone. I selected 49.50 and best available...and 2 GA popped up!!!! I stared at the screen in disbelief - then I came to my senses and accepted, then frantically typed my info in in the one minute allotted (WTH???).
I don't know what happened - I feel like it was divine intervention that made me stop the email and try again. ???
Can't wait for 5/9!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

You probably got Oceane's tickets.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

you just travel all over north america now don'tcha?

:yes:

all over the world actually....

but right now I don`t have much of a choice - they`re not playing any Eastern Canadian dates on this leg....:sad:

New York is appealing because it`s my favourite city on the planet and California is always appealing when it`s - 40 here!

BigMacPhisto said:
It just depends when you got into the server really........"GA" is the best selection to make though as it is more specific.....to be honest, the people that have mentioned "Best Available" so far all had a server problem or whatever and then went back and got GAs way later then they should've been able to........so I'd definitely think that choosing GA is the best way to go.

I got mine by using "best available" and I didn't get an error message. It seems like a lot of this is luck more than anything, so it's anybody's guess as to which is better. But speed does seem to matter at least a little and it's a variable I can actually control. So I like using "best available" since I know it will be faster.

I'm pretty certain it's all just a crap shoot, but this is what worked for me. I tried a variety of combinations only to get nothing until I choose the ticket price option of 51.50 (GA's are more in LA for some reason) and then choose Best Avialable.

This is interesting because there are two selections to make. I chose $49 and GA. It told me there were none available. It told me I might have better luck selecting best available, so I tried again, chose best available, but left the price at $49. Scored floor GA. I think crap shoot is about right, but if I were to do it again I'd just go $49 and best available.

Back
Top Bottom