For the presale tomorrow...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raid

Acrobat
Would it be better to use the link off U2.com or go straight to ticketmaster.ca? Also..would it screw things up if I used two computers to search for tickets? (I only have one presale code) Any advice or tips would be appreciated. :)

you don't even need 2 computers, just open more than one browser window, it works fine on most sales, didn't last Tues, because nothing worked. Forget the U2 thing, it's just another layer of electronic junk, go directly to TM's pages and have them opened.

Yeah, go through ticketmaster to find the presale link......the page for the date(s) you want will be the same as the one you would access through U2.com though....

Here's all the tips I can give you......

1) Only have one browser window open on a given computer....otherwise, it will just slow things down, and the second window will cancel out the first once it finds something....

2) When going for GA, simply select "GA" and "Floor Seats"......there's no need to put in the price range because if you select "GA Floor", it should automatically put it in for you when you submit.

3) Have a ticketmaster account in advance......you can store your credit card on there, etc.....it will save you lots of precious time.

4) Be very quick when it all starts.....keep refreshing the page with the ticket information (it should have a box that says "Tickets not on sale" or something).....keep doing that when you get near the time and be ready to submit your info once that area changes......after that, you have to type in a word that you see on the screen.....be swift!

4) If you get one GA instead of two (like if you only plan to go by yourself) your odds might be better.....I think this is due to the GA tickets being numbered, so the system would try to find two numbers together, even though it's pretty unnecessary......if you are going by yourself, your odds are better when going for one ticket.

This is probably a stupid question, but if you go for "any price, best available," does the system consider floor GA as best available overall? Being the crooks that they are, I would assume ticketmaster goes straight to the $160 tix, but I was curious if this worked for anyone scoring GA's?

Nah it doesn't consider it all the time. The tips Big Macphisto gave are perfect. Rub your 4 leaf clover and hope for the best.

Well GA isn't my first choice. I would like to get the closest seat to the stage (plaza level at GM place..sections 104 or 119 preferrably). But GA would be my second choice. Should I select "best available" in this case or select plaza level? I'm worried that if I select plaza level and find out there are no tickets available i'll be screwed for GA. Geez im so nervous lol.

Back
Top Bottom