For the people who got GA-

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Both of my GAs came up pretty quick. I was scrambling around in a computer lab, and for Boston, my GAs came up while all the others were still waiting. Same with Chicago. So I can't say the exact time, just that it came up way before I got a response from any of the others.

Also something to note - my first attempt at Chicago came up empty, but the second computer got some. So it isn't necessarily first come first serve.

partygirl33 said:
do you refresh from the onsale screen? i do- and get right in with BANG! a 15 minute wait. WTF!?
Yep. Why 8 computers of mine had a 15 minute while the other one came up right away, I have no idea.

GAs to Boston II that I lost due to an error while the order was processing: less than a minute.

GAs to Boston III that my brilliant girlfriend got: less than a minute.

Philly I - Got through at 10:00 first try, but lost tix while order was processing (how does this happen)

Philly II - Got through first try and order went through (thankfully)

I tried to get tickets for Philly 1, but I kept getting no returns on my searches, then internal server errors. But my order for Philly 2 took about two minutes total, if that.

I knew getting a cable modem would come in handy someday!

I'm wondering if anyone passed on accepting regular tickets (i.e. anything other than GA) in hopes of going back to get GA...and then got shut out entirely? I'm not one of those 'have-to-be-GA' fans, and besides, I'm also not one of those people that wants (or can afford) to stand in a day-long line to enter the arena. It really would be a lousy result to accept nothing but GA and then be unable to get ANY tickets after all was said and done. I'm sure there are people with such a story; just don't know how many.

Last edited:
this happened to me several time..but i was also trying to get through on the phone and somehow miraculously got GAs.

i don't *HAVE* to have GAs..but I know that it will be harder to get GAs later, but easier to find seats. So I only tried for GA now since it is better and cheaper. Otherwise you will spend more money...

I don't know if I explained that correctly but I promise it makes sense...

NHChris said:
I'm wondering if anyone passed on accepting regular tickets (i.e. anything other than GA) in hopes of going back to get GA...and then got shut out entirely? I'm not one of those 'have-to-be-GA' fans, and besides, I'm also not one of those people that wants (or can afford) to stand in a day-long line to enter the arena. It really would be a lousy result to accept nothing but GA and then be unable to get ANY tickets after all was said and done. I'm sure there are people with such a story; just don't know how many.

I passed on tickets - but I wasn't necessarily a GA or nothing person. I just wanted reasonable seats. The tickets I kept getting for all the Boston shows where for either way behind the stage or up high in the rafters - and for $95 (plus TM charges). Sorry, but I'd rather pay $200 or so to a scalper and get GA's than pay $110 or so to TicketMaster and get nosebleeds.

I bought 2 Chicago tickets in sections 207 after numerous attempts for GA in a computer lab with 5 computers. I was on the phone with ticketmaster when San Diego 3-30 was announced. The lady on the phone told me I was lucky because she was able to pull up 2 GA's. She then asked if I was going to put them on E-bay. I live in PA and will now be making the trip to San Diego to use the GA tickets, it just seems GA are going to be very hard to get this tour due to price and lack of tickets. The Philly GA's on E-Bay already went up in price following the public sale today. Anyone looking to trade my Chicago Tix for opening night, please respond.

I got 5/12 Chicago GAs after being online for about 1 1/2 hrs - just kept trying different things - different dates (since they added 2 while I was on) and sometime GA, sometimes best available - just hoping for something. Miraculously, GA was the only thing I was offered!

Boston III - 4 GA's...my mom was on the laptop downstairs and I was on my desktop. We both got in instantly when the show went on sale.

did you get the GA's by doing 2 best available, or did you get them by asking for GA's? From what I am reading, it seems like everybody who actually got GA's got them by asking for them, not doing 2 best available.

I got 2 GA's for Chicago 5/9...after declining upper balcony for 5/7 AND 5/9
:huh: :scratch:
I got the GA probably ten minutes after first trying - I stopped typing an angry email to my sister about the crappy seats I declined and decided to try again. I don't know if I got someone's they had and lost or they kicked out a few @ a time but I am very :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I am always the one getting caught in cobwebs up in the rafters.
The first two times I chose 49.50 and GA, the last time I chose 49.50 and Best Available.

Last edited:
less than 1 minute........but it stayed on that screen for what seemed like an eternity........then again, it could just have been me freakin' out...:huh:

Oh, and a tip to everyone.........select the quantity of tickets and then select GA........there's no need to choose a price or anything else because it will automatically set those when you choose GA.....saves a few seconds, which really can make all the difference.

Last edited:
i got 2 GA for the second San Diego show!! i totally lucked out by going to the local ticketmaster in LA area to get San Diego tix. there was no one there, just me...i couldn't believe it. the woman working totally helped me out she kept trying for GA for the opening nite and she said that it wouldn't even give her the option to put in GA, and that was at 10am exactly so I don't know what happened w/ that. it was as if the GA didn't even exist. so she checked to see if a second date was added and it said that it was tentative so we waited and the the second the other date was added she was able to get in and get me 2 GA. i was so nervous but when she said she got them i had tears in my eyes. i wanted to giver her a big hug but she already thought i was crazy enough. i can't believe how perfectly it worked out. but if there had been anyone else there i am sure i wouldn't have gotten the GA. i also got seats for the opening nite during presale, pretty decent seats just waaay tooo expensive. anyway, i am thrilled with the outcome. my friends and brother are flying out to go the shows w/ me, i just can't wait!! let me know if anyone wants to meet up. i know SD well, i used to live there, any questions just ask. :happy:

stood in line at wherehouse...when the manager tried...it only took her under a minute. have 2 ga's for opening night in sd.

So let me get this right. On the phone, you used automated dialin and got tickets or did you talk to someone. And with GA tickets online you should type in Best Available or should you type in 2 General Admision floor?

Back
Top Bottom