For 3rd leg shows are they looking for 'FAN' tickets for GA line access?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2wedge

New Yorker
Don't point me to the FAQ, I've already looked and am not finding the information I am looking for.

I understand the presale (how can I forget!?), but am looking for U2.com members experiences on the 3rd leg who have had NON-presale tickets and their ability to get into the U2.com line with just their U2.com ID, etc.

Specifically I'm interested in hearing about single night cities that had a presale for their tickets.

Are they 'carding' hard for FAN tickets or can any U2.com member enter the U2.com line.

Your feedback will be most useful!

Cheers!

wasn't this just asked in the other thread? it pretty much depends on the venue.

Chizip said:
wasn't this just asked in the other thread? it pretty much depends on the venue.

I need an answer to this specific question in less than 12 hours, so I wanted a separate thread with a little more specificity.

thx.

so there's a chance without presale tickets, I can still use my U2.com membership to get in the U2.com line?

That's pretty much what I'm trying to spit out here.

if the show you are going to had a presale then technically, you need to have FAN on the ticket. but, some venues will allow you to use just your membership card or profile to get in that line.

it's another thing i dont like about this system, there is no consistency between venues so it can be confusing.

just ask the people at the front of the line or venue security if you see them.

There's a chance, but it may not be worth getting into the fan club line. I was #40 at the 10/19 show & I'm not in the fan club. There were so many people in the GA line who were in the fan club that when they split the line, I was bumped up to about #10 in the non-fan club line. Three people behind me in the non-fan club line were numbers 105 and 106. So, basically, I got rail & 105 & 106 got rail, while people between our numbers who went over to the fan club line might not have gotten rail. (Some people bitched about this, but forget that---fan club folks already got their benefit by getting the presale, whether you got 1st leg out of it or 3rd...you don't also need line preference). So, basically, even if the venue you're going to will let you into the fan club line without 'FAN' tickets, pay attention to whether it'll benefit you or not. You might be better off staying put in the general line.

Chizip said:

just ask the people at the front of the line or venue security if you see them.

Actually, I found that none of what those people say ended up mattering. The people at the front of the line the other day were trying to convince security to let the fan club line in 10 minutes early & that all you needed was proof of being in the fan club (not a FAN ticket), while security didn't know what the hell they were doing (they didn't even expect a line to form before 5PM!). None of it made any difference----as soon as the lady from U2 came out with her megaphone, what she said became law. So, all the speculating and arguing for the hours before doors opened meant nothing as soon as she came out.

Last edited:
I hate that lady. If she would communicate with the venue beforehand, then they would know how to handle it and nobody would have to guess what is going on. But she doesn't tell the venue what the policy is, she strolls out at 6 after drinking a few martinis and asks if everybody is having a good time with her dumbass blowhorn. I honestly don't know how she still has a job, she is incompotent and to blame for most, if not all, of the GA porblems and confusion.

She usually says anybody that has a membership card or profile is allowed into the presale line. But, you can never really know for sure.

Chizip said:
I hate that lady. If she would communicate with the venue beforehand, then they would know how to handle it and nobody would have to guess what is going on.

I don't know if I hate her :wink: , but I definitely agree that there's no reason why the venues don't know what's going on beforehand...

Utoo said:

Actually, I found that none of what those people say ended up mattering. The people at the front of the line the other day were trying to convince security to let the fan club line in 10 minutes early & that all you needed was proof of being in the fan club (not a FAN ticket), while security didn't know what the hell they were doing (they didn't even expect a line to form before 5PM!). None of it made any difference----as soon as the lady from U2 came out with her megaphone, what she said became law. So, all the speculating and arguing for the hours before doors opened meant nothing as soon as she came out.

so what did she say? was your show a presale gig?

Back
Top Bottom