florida arenas booked for u2 early march

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofme

The Fly
From an article in Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal, Nov. 22nd: "The St. Pete Times Forum in Tampa, home of the defending Stanley Cup champions Tampa Bay Lightning, and Office Depot Center in Sunrise, FL, where the Florida Panthers play, are two of the first stops on U2's itinerary in early March. The St. Pete Times Forum has all three artists (U2, Elton John & Jimmy Buffet) tentatively booked on successive Saturdays that month." (March 5 is the first Saturday in March....)

I read that too! I certainly hope it's true since I live in Tampa! I checked the Forum's website (here in Tampa) and there is nothing scheduled for that Saturday so it may be true?

my friend and i from holland won a price last monday: a trip to Miami with tickets for the kick off on march 1, so i think you have a good chance they still will be in florida the 5th.

We're so thrilled!!! I've never been to America before, and now we're going to My Mammy to see the first show!!! I hope we can meet some interferencers overthere.

*Blu continues to pray HARD for Chapel Hill, NC on her birthday - March 9*

*also prays hard for MONEY to attend said wished-for show!*

:huh: :D

The friend I have that knows about the Tampa date said she hasn't had any papers come across her desk about Orlando. I don't think that's gonna happen. Don't quote me on it, though :wink:

However, I did see somewhere else that if they sell out Tampa they may add another show. Somehow I don't see that happening. (Them adding another show, I mean) I do think they will sell out. After Popmart I think they may have a sour attitude about Tampa. LOL The stadium wasn't even 1/2 full :(

Lisa71 said:
The friend I have that knows about the Tampa date said she hasn't had any papers come across her desk about Orlando. I don't think that's gonna happen. Don't quote me on it, though :wink:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too :lol: Plus, they'll need a few days off in between so they can hit the theme parks :wink:

:wave: Hi shy!

Last edited:
No way they'll come to Orlando. In fact most major acts seem to skip not just orlando, but florida in general. Strange but true.

Yeah, expect Miami on March 1 & 2, and then Tampa on the 5th. They'll take a few days off in between to work out the kinks.

Tampa on the 5th, eh? Saturday, eh? Weekend in Florida, eh? I would like to catch one of the earlier shows, so that I can see the concert and have NO idea what previous setlists were like. My goal is to not look up any setlists before the concert, and just go and be surprised with what they play. An earlier concert would help with that! I don't see Miami in the middle of the week happening though, as the 1st is a Tuesday, I believe. Plus, didn't they have a tough time selling out Tampa on the last tour? I know it was put onsale a week before the concert or something rediculous. Tampa won't be hard to score tickets for. This sounds intriguing.... road trip for me and my friends. :)

The_acrobat said:
. Plus, didn't they have a tough time selling out Tampa on the last tour? I know it was put onsale a week before the concert or something rediculous. Tampa won't be hard to score tickets for. This sounds intriguing.... road trip for me and my friends. :)

I don't know how long it took to sell out, but it was eventually sold out. It wasn't quite a week before the concert (I remember I had the tickets at least by thanksgiving), but it wasn't until the third leg that they announced it I think :scratch:

tampa show for the elevation show didnt sell out they sold like 13,000 out of like 15,000, so it ended up noone sat behind the stage

I have friends that live in Tampa - might be making it over that way for a show since St. louis will probably be on the 5th or 6th leg:)

They didn't put the seats up for sale behind the stage. According to Ticketmaster is was a sell out. If they had put up the tickets behind the stage who knows if they would have sold. It was the second to last day of the tour too. It'll be interesting to see how well they fare since it'll be at the beginning this time. They haven't played Tampa or Lakeland on the first leg since ZooTv. (Which sold out in 3 minutes!) I can't wait!

March 1st in Miami is pretty much a sure bet, even though it's a Tuesday.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom