Flatline and Walking Man during Sometimes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
I remember early during the Eurigo Tour there was a big discussion on whether the flatline thing was appropriate during Sometimes. Well I just downloaded my first Eurigo bootleg, from the Berlin show on 7-7, and there was no flatline or walking man on the screen during the show.

When did they decide to take this out?

:hmm: interesting

did they have the walking man at your shows?

Yes, the walking man walked during the whole European leg. Or I should maybe say, he started walking in Brussels (the first concert of the European leg I saw), he walked in Dublin and he still walked in Amsterdam (the final concert of the European leg I saw). I assume he walked on until Lisbon.
:D

weird, I didnt see any walking man on my berlin DVD. it was zoomed in for about 30 seconds so you couldnt see the screen, so it could have been during that, but i thought it lasted longer than that

or maaaaaaaaybe it was on part of the screen that was hard to see, thats probably it

The 'walking man' was on the right third/fourth of the screen. So if it was filmed from the seats of the right, then it's a big chance you can't see it.
The Vertigo screen wasn't flat, but slightly curved.

yeah, but youd think youd at least be able to see part of it in this shot, but no

cap002.jpg

Walking man walked in manchester, can't remember hearing a flatline though.

ok i think the walking man is there but i just cant see it from my angle.

but i wonder why they decided to take out the flatline, maybe they decided it was a little too much.

Chizip said:
yeah, but youd think youd at least be able to see part of it in this shot, but no

cap002.jpg

Indeed. The Vertigo screen had 12 strips. The DVD only shows 7 or 8 here. Sadly, you can't see the final 4.

When I had seats, I didn't see it either.

yeah i like it, the sound is good and the filmer did a good job of zooming in when he could and zooming out to see the screen when appropriate. it's like 7.5 gigabytes though, so it takes a while to download.

Chizip said:
yeah i like it, the sound is good and the filmer did a good job of zooming in when he could and zooming out to see the screen when appropriate. it's like 7.5 gigabytes though, so it takes a while to download.
cheers, am getting the cardiff one at the moment, so will probabley go for that one next

just reading the setlist., and where it says disk one disk two and then extra's what does that mean? do you have the play that part seperate?

and it says something about vertigo being cut? in one of the comments

Last edited:
I saw the walking man in Barcelona.

I was going to download this DVD, but someone just posted Amsterdam 3 so I might download that one first.:ohmy:

KUEFC09U2 said:
cheers, am getting the cardiff one at the moment, so will probabley go for that one next

just reading the setlist., and where it says disk one disk two and then extra's what does that mean? do you have the play that part seperate?

and it says something about vertigo being cut? in one of the comments

i dont know why they call it "extras." you just play the second disc normally and they are all there like they should be.

the second vertigo is cut off with about a min or less left, thats the only bummer i guess

ramblin rose said:
I saw the walking man in Barcelona.

I was going to download this DVD, but someone just posted Amsterdam 3 so I might download that one first.:ohmy:
is a'dam 3 on U2torrents?

KUEFC09U2 said:
just read it, says its not one of the best :(

Yeah, but I really want to see some of the highlights of this show. You might as well as wait though, this torrent seems to have issues right now anyway.

ramblin rose said:

Yeah, but I really want to see some of the highlights of this show. You might as well as wait though, this torrent seems to have issues right now anyway.
ah :) thanks anyway rose

Back
Top Bottom