Finding Tix From Fans vs Scalpers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rica

The Fly
I have not been able to get 2 tix for Thursday show in Boston so my wife and I are going to get in the box office line praying we get 2 released tickets. being realistic plan B is try and find some outside the venue but would much rather pay a fan than a broker. Anybody have luck getting tickets from fans this tour or is it just scalper rats scurrying on the street? Any help appreciated

From my experience in Philly, Jersey, and NY there were lots of trashy looking scalpers who had tickets to sell. I would definitely hang out at the box office EARLY in Boston. While I haven't seen many fans selling extras you may encounter some hanging near the box office trying to get rid of their tickets. Also, before you even go to hop in line I would hammer Ticketmaster's site and check for tickets repeatedly the day/night before as well as the day of the show

I was able to snag GA to 3 of the past 4 shows without having tickets until hours before the show by checking TM's website for hours on end. Sure beat shelling out 200+ for GA's.

Last edited:
I have had a lot of practice but it is easy to get tickets from scalpers, the closer to the start of the show, the better price. If you wait right before the start, it can get them below face. It depends on the arena and the supply/demand.

Hey, I need 2 GA's.
Give me $200
That's too much, I'll give you $100.
No way man, give me $150.
Naw, I'll wait.
Man, you ain't gonna find anythin better.
I'll take my chances. (start walking away)
OK, Give me $125.
At this point give him the money or pull out $100 bill and tell him that's all you got.

Remind him the show starts in 15 minutes and he's gonna get stuck with the tickets. These guys start out greedy and then start panicking right before the show starts cause they don't want to get stuck.

Last edited:
rica,

I was at the 'ETS - Nighout' party in NYC. A few people that I talked to later in the evening were able to buy tickets (at face value) directly from ETS. The only downside is I don't know where their having the 'Nightout' party in Boston and the seats were just OK. Hope this helps!

Eddie

I was able to find two fans selling two tickets in seperate sections for face value. They were quick sending the tickets, seemed nice and honest as well. I just hope they didn't rip me off.

Back
Top Bottom