FBI to investigate ripped off fans in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you think we could ask them to find out why U2 plays Vertigo twice? They have so many good songs and they play that one twice????? That's a ripoff!!! If it was spontaneous I could go along with it but it obviously isn't.

MusicalJourneyman said:
Do you think we could ask them to find out why U2 plays Vertigo twice? They have so many good songs and they play that one twice????? That's a ripoff!!! If it was spontaneous I could go along with it but it obviously isn't.

shut up.

really i hope u2 plays vertigo 22 times at a concert to see half of you spontaniously combust.

playing vertigo twice rocks. its a great fucking way to end the show.

its 100x better than 40. there i said it.

i saw vertigo close 3 times, 40 close 3 times, bad close 2 times. bad was the best, vertigo was a close second. 40 was a distant third.

so yes, playing vertigo twice is brilliant.

I have to agree, I saw 40 close 3 times, Vertigo twice and Bad once.

Bad was definately the best closer, Vertigo next and 40 last.

The bottom line is that 40 was a great closer during its time. This is not the eighties and its not possible to relive 40 the way it was done then.

In fact the best 40 for me was the one where they didn't even close with it but when the audience sang it after Bad in Boston 2.

Last edited:
I personally like 40 as a closer because it was the song to end the shows when I first saw them. But I can move on from that. I didn't like Love is Blindness but I loved Walk On. My problem isn't with not playing 40, it's with playing any song twice. If a U2 cover band did it, I would take them to task for it, nevermind the real thing doing it. If they want to end with Vertigo, play a different song earlier.

hardly blasphemous

i can honestly say although i like 40, and i thought it was cool to see it live because i never have before

that bad and vertigo are better enders.

i have no problems if they play 40 to end the show, its cool enough. i just prefer hearing bad to end it that was quite delicious

vertigo rocked a second time too.

i have no problems with the current setlist, U2 can play whatever they want to play, and i'll still show up.

plus i get tired of reading these omg omg omgo mog mogmgomgogmgogm u2 played vertigo twice lets all freak out about it simultaniously and bitch and moan for the 03547835th thread

corianderstem said:
Wow! Another thread bitching about Vertigo being played twice.

I applaud your originality.

:rolleyes:

Oh come on, there can never be enough Vertigo x2 bitching threads, can there?

What else is supposed to go on this site? Is it only supposed to be glowing reviews about how brilliant U2 is? Or can some fans vent on this site? When you've spent a lot of time and money on a band, you are entitled to have an opinion. The fact that we are on this site shows that we are more than a casual fan.

MusicalJourneyman said:
What else is supposed to go on this site? Is it only supposed to be glowing reviews about how brilliant U2 is? Or can some fans vent on this site? When you've spent a lot of time and money on a band, you are entitled to have an opinion. The fact that we are on this site shows that we are more than a casual fan.

the "blind follower" argument is so 2004.

Hey - I heard the FBI is going to investigate fans who got ripped off with 'scalped' tickets in Boston! Apparently that is what this topic is about, but you know what, I'd rather 'UTEOTW' or 'Acrobat' instead of a second 'Vertigo' - but whatever makes the lads happy... Is 'HTDAAB' their biggest seller yet?

So back to the topic at hand - I take it this investigation is about the printed tickets only? Or are they interested in real counterfeits as well??

No, of course people are going to complain, and yeah, complain away. It's just that when every other day we get a new thread talking about an old topic, it gets ... well, old.

Rather than starting a new thread for bitching about it, why not just pop into one of the other existing threads and commenting, which will bring it back to the top of the forum?

It's like having 15 threads about "what's the song that's played before u2 takes the stage?" - take an extra two minutes and scroll back a page or two of topics to see if someone's already asked it.

PS: Hey, Mikal, I see you're from Green Bay - I grew up in Wausau and will be heading back there for a week this summer! Go cheeseheads, go Packers, etc. etc. :wink:

Last edited:
TheBrazilianFly said:
I hope the FBI doesn't go arresting those who didn't liked the heartbeat thing on SYCMIOYO! :lol:

:lol:

i should start a "Team U2". just picture the theme song: "U2! Fuck Yeah!"

corianderstem said:

PS: Hey, Mikal, I see you're from Green Bay - I grew up in Wausau and will be heading back there for a week this summer! Go cheeseheads, go Packers, etc. etc. :wink:

ah. Wausau. did you work at Eastbay? i heard that if you grow up in Wausau, you must work at Eastbay, lol!

No, but I worked at the mall near Eastbay, does that count?

Oh, sorry ... topic!

Uh ... let's see ... uh, U2 played Vertigo twice! They are surely the devil incarnate! I'm morally outraged! uh ... it stinks, and ....

Oh, never mind. I don't have it in me. :wink:

MusicalJourneyman said:

It was the 23rd U2 song of the set. Some other sets had 22 songs. Quit moaning.:blahblah:

mikal said:
the "blind follower" argument is so 2004.

The "Blind Follower" argument will never go out of style.

It is the term used to describe a U2 fan that goes with the flow, tries to adjust and looks to enjoy the changes made by the band rather than scrutinize every small thing done by same. Lives in the present not in the past, enjoys the moment. Can also be referred to as "Blind Sheep". The term dates back to the early eighties to describe fans that didn't abandon the band when they moved from small clubs and began to have songs played on the radio. Has evolved to include all fans who don't feel the need to criticize every little thing done by the band, including but not limited to 1) coming out with radio friendly albums, 2) playing the same song twice during a concert 3) doing away with the red screen for WTSHNN 4) playing a relatively static steeliest during almost every single tour since their commencement 5) not immediately accusing the band of unseemly behavior when something related to their tour doesn't go exactly as you would have liked, and so on and so forth. Although a "Blind Follower" (AKA "Blind Sheep") doesn't always agree with everything the band does they do not spend an inordinate amount time on those issues and instead lives their life with a "life is to short to bitch and moan" disposition.

:|

Back
Top Bottom