FBI to investigate ripped off fans in Boston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

vertigo being played after an extended drum solo by larry after 40... brilliant.

yes i agree of the three times i saw it close that was by far the coolest.

i guess a lot depends on one's personality. in no way do i consider myself a "blind follower". in fact, i was one of the few who expressed dissapointment in how long it took U2 to finish the new album.

i just happen to be the type of person that looks for the good in anything. do i wish U2 were playing "Ultraviolet" and "Lemon"? of course! but the "glass half full" personality i have made me remember that we're hearing songs like "Zoo Station", "Gloria", "Electric Co.", "An Cat Dubh", "The Ocean", and even the return of "Wild Horses".

of course, from time to time, i'm dissapointed with certain setlists, but i don't feel the need to bitch openly about it because i'm so grateful that the band is even touring in their mid 40's. i just wish others could look at the big picture.

ps. i'm just waiting for someone's response, putting words in my mouth, saying that i feel that nobody has the right to ever bitch about U2. this happens every time i defend my right to have a positive outlook.

Last edited:
See Mikal you missed the point. No one considers themselves "blind followers" that is a label that other people put on people that decide to take the "glass half full attitude".

I for one got so sick of hearing those terms to label people (particularly during the ticket fiasco) that decided to label myself that as a parody. I don't give a shit what people label me as. I live for today and enjoy what I can while I can. I pity the people who are constantly finding the negative angle on absolutely everything, in fact I think it's really sad. I think its unbelivable how its even possible to find something negative in everything. Unfortunately, I notice that there are a lot of people here that do just that.

0484.jpg
[/IMG]

:wink:

Most people that know me would probably think of me as a blind follower of U2. They've been my favorite band for over 20 years and I've never been shy about telling people about how good they are during that time. However, I don't like everything that they do. I never have. My idea of a blind follower is someone that tells you to quit moaning or to shut up when you post something that they don't agree with. On one post I wondered why they don't play more songs from their last album. I wasn't complaining. It was more to try to figure out why some great live songs from their LAST album weren't being played. I wasn't wondering about One Tree Hill, Acrobat or Heartland. A typical snide, lemming response was that they wrote them, they can decide what to play. That's true. But if you want to be like that, we pay their salary, we can tell them what to play.

MJM, I agree with most of what you just wrote. I'm pretty close to a blind follower, too, but like you I also enjoy thinking about what the band does & does not do & why. I think it's important to do that. On that point, you & I agree.

The part that I don't agree on is the idea that we have the right to tell them what to play because we pay them for records & shows. The thing is, we don't have to buy anything. To pay for a ticket or an album--that's our choice. There is no contract involved---we are paying money to take what they've got, not to demand what they're giving us. You're saying that we give them money (the crumbs from our table..?) so that they'll play for us. Kind of an aristocratic view, in a sense. I see it this way: We're giving them money because we like their talent. We pay them because we like what they've got & think that they deserve our money. We make the choice to do that.

It's nice for a band to reward its fans with something the fans want---and U2 do that in so many ways. But if they had to view their own concerts as a contract to play what each and every fan would like to see, I think that they would choose not to play for us.

Utoo I agree that we don't have to buy there stuff and there is no contract between us and them. I made that statement to point out the absurdity of "they write them, they can play whatever they want." But there is some truth about us being their customers and most good businesses listen to their customers wishes. It's not possible to please all of their customers. Also, I work in a service field and I know one thing; the customer is NOT always right but you try to make them think they are.

ramblin rose said:
See Mikal you missed the point. No one considers themselves "blind followers" that is a label that other people put on people that decide to take the "glass half full attitude".

I for one got so sick of hearing those terms to label people (particularly during the ticket fiasco) that decided to label myself that as a parody. I don't give a shit what people label me as. I live for today and enjoy what I can while I can. I pity the people who are constantly finding the negative angle on absolutely everything, in fact I think it's really sad. I think its unbelivable how its even possible to find something negative in everything. Unfortunately, I notice that there are a lot of people here that do just that.

i didn't miss the point. i was just telling the story through my eyes.

i agree with the rest of your post, though.

Chizip said:
mikal you missed the point again :shame:

oh shit!!!111 can someone start directing me to the point? someone? anyone??!?!?!!11

edit. i do find it funny though when someone tells me i missed the point and then proceed to completely agree with me. it's like if you said "i love pizza" and then i said, "no, you missed the point. pizza is great. it's the perfect blend of everything!"

i'm drunk.

Last edited:
. <------ the point ................. mikal--------> :drunk:

Last edited:
I don't particularly like Vertigo, but also I don't really give a s**t if they play Vertigo twice, once the rest of the material makes up for it.

mikal said:

oh shit!!!111 can someone start directing me to the point? someone? anyone??!?!?!!11

edit. i do find it funny though when someone tells me i missed the point and then proceed to completely agree with me. it's like if you said "i love pizza" and then i said, "no, you missed the point. pizza is great. it's the perfect blend of everything!"

i'm drunk.

The point is two miles on the left.

However, I missed the point of this post, what does Pizza have to do with U2.

Back
Top Bottom