Favorite Concert Moments?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well I went to 3 shows.
In order from my fav to least..

1. Final MSG in October... the band was really "on" that night. I dont know, it was just great.
2. First Boston in October - Bono wearing the red sox jersey
3. MSG in May - Definitely not a bad show, it was just still the first leg and I think the band was testing the waters a tad. Regardless, it was an AMAZING show.

***Honorable Mention*** - I think all of us should say the #1 unnoficial tour would be the show that started it all - BROOKLYN!!!

(that was my first time seeing U2 live...interesting memory)

One single show, but in which Bono dedicated a song (Yahweh) to my neighbour ... (so to say: when you are living in a 500 inhabitants village, everybody is your neighbour ...)

The other images I will keep will definitely be Adam smiling 3 meters from us, and Larry and Bono in LAPOE also just in front of us ...

And Miss Sarajevo.

And ISHFWIALF with the crowd singing

And ...

Oh well: everything was soooooo good :applaud:

My personal ranking of the shows I attended:

1. MSG 10/7 (basically because I was in the ellipse, five feet from stage) because of energy and the crowd. Especially the reaction after Streets. Magical.

2. NJ 2 5/18: biggest surprise, they ended with Bad, plus the Bankrobbers!!! Jersey Pride!

3. MSG 10/8: One with Mary J. Blige, 7 different songs from the night before!!! Plus, the 'cell phone' comment during SBS!!!

4. MSG 5/21: OK, but not great. Crowd was too hyped up.

5. Philly I: Again OK, but could have been better.

6. Chicago I: Crowd, and band seemed to not be in it.

On a personal note, I am glad that I didn't try to go to the Nov. MSG shows because I think it would have been too much of a good thing. That 11/21 show seemed like it was unbelievable, but overall I am very happy with my tour experience. Then again, if they do play stadiums in the late summer/fall... well, I have never seen them in a stadium, so I will have to remedy that of course!! I enjoyed seeing them in different markets this time, since I only saw them once during Elevation, I didn't get a feel for how they play at different venues. I saw Chicago, NJ, NY, and Philly and in the process got a good idea for what crowds are awesome and ones that arent. Plus I realized the toll that it takes on the band, especially Bono's voice. It changed so much as the shows went along. On a whole, the 3rd leg shows were so much better than the 1st. Like strwar718 said, I think the first leg was just testing the water, the 2nd and 3rd leg they jumped right in.

Oh yeah, on future tours I may hold off until the 3rd leg, because of how much better they played this time around. Unless they don't play around my hometown on the 3rd leg.

jphelmet said:
NJ2- I was in front row by edge, and they played I still haven't found.. w/ local band, followed by closing of the show with bad. surreal moment, really great.

Ditto

Back
Top Bottom