Fanfire fuck up helps fan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
How's this for great irony. My brother was a regular U2.com member who's password didn't work on 3/10. He calls Fanfire and complains. They send a new password, he scores 2 Boston GA from the regular U2.com presale sale. 3 days later he gets an email addressed to "former prop members" allowing for additional prop presale access w/ his code. He was never a Prop member. Trys for the hell of it. Code works. 2 GA for Hartford. Both sets of tickets have arrived. So much for TM reviewing member status. 4 GA for $40 membership plus reduced fees...Thanks incompetent Fanfire staff!

I've got an even better Fanfire fuckup story. I was just a regular U2.com member. So I had to wait an extra day to purchase seats for the third leg presale. Which turned out fine, I got 2 GA's for the first Toronto show.

For the hell of it I started to see how well the system worked. I tried to purchase tickets for other presale shows on ticketmaster.com and of course each time my old code was rejected........Except for one place, MONTREAL.

Ya see, Montreal doesn't use ticketmaster. They use another company called Admission. Admission's computers and Ticketmaster's computers don't talk to eachother.

In the very last hour of the presale I called Fanfire to tell them my story and they couldn't beleive (or understand) how I was able to get access to purchase seats in Montreal. Never the less, they gave me the go ahead and with one minute left before the presale ended I snatched some GA tickets for the Montreal show.

Thank you Fanfire for being so incompetent!!!

Last edited:
I have a similar story. I am only a u2.com member, never propaganda. During the first presale my code wasnt working at all so I called TM and they gave me a new one--it worked and I got 2 tickets to Croke during the presale. Then when they were emailing people for the second north american leg saying they had an unused code, I got this email. Seems that they never cancelled my old first code that wasn't working so it was read as unused. I guess they reset it and I used this code during the Miami presale and got 2 GA's! So I got to buy presale tickets twice.

I got a fuck - up too. I only bought 1 ticket during the first leg so I asked if i could buy one more during the second leg. They said they would get back to me. And they did. They put me in with the former propaganda members to enable me to buy TWO more tickets and I got to buy them on the Tues with prop members instead of weds with the rest of the u2.com members. Scored 2 GA's to MSG 10/8 !!!

I have a feeling when Vertigo is over and the band takes a break...FanFire will be fired! I think U2.com membership might be handled by the band next time.

While I have no such story, I am amazed that people have received tickets! I used U2.com for tickets to Ireland and then to a Oct. Boston show. So far nothing from either - just e-mails saying they are being printed. Hmmm... And I still haven't received my U2.com keychain!! :mad:

Same thing here...Prop member and never got my letter. So I re-registered and paid $40. First pre-sale, I didn't get a good seat as with most of the fans. I kept bugging Fanfire about having to re-register.

A month ago, I called them up again and they said they'd reinstate my code to make up for the first fuck up. They give me an entirely different code. I get DC GAs during the presale. Days later, code is reinstated and I score NY GAs during another presale. :wink:

Last edited:
I got a fanfire mix up as well!

I paid forty bucks for the crappy website, but they screwed up and I got a lousy keychain for compensation! Score!

doctorwho said:
While I have no such story, I am amazed that people have received tickets! I used U2.com for tickets to Ireland and then to a Oct. Boston show. So far nothing from either - just e-mails saying they are being printed. Hmmm... And I still haven't received my U2.com keychain!! :mad:

Same here.

No tickets and no keychain.

My tickets have been in the process of being printed for 2 weeks. Are they using old time typewriters or what?

doctorwho said:

You might want to check as to why they weren't printed yet. I purchased 6 ticket orders on March 8, 12 & 19 and only 1 order hasn't been printed. I received my tickets for the Oct Boston show that I got through the pre-sale on Thursday.

I used ticketfast for my January purchase so I can't compare with that.

:mad: and I haven't received my U2.com keychain either!

retro said:
I've got an even better Fanfire fuckup story. I was just a regular U2.com member. So I had to wait an extra day to purchase seats for the third leg presale. Which turned out fine, I got 2 GA's for the first Toronto show.

For the hell of it I started to see how well the system worked. I tried to purchase tickets for other presale shows on ticketmaster.com and of course each time my old code was rejected........Except for one place, MONTREAL.

Ya see, Montreal doesn't use ticketmaster. They use another company called Admission. Admission's computers and Ticketmaster's computers don't talk to eachother.

In the very last hour of the presale I called Fanfire to tell them my story and they couldn't beleive (or understand) how I was able to get access to purchase seats in Montreal. Never the less, they gave me the go ahead and with one minute left before the presale ended I snatched some GA tickets for the Montreal show.

Thank you Fanfire for being so incompetent!!!

I noticed my code also worked for montreal. I was gonna get GA tickets for Montreal too....but was afraid that fanfire might see that I was trying to cheat the system and cancel one of my purchase.

I will say that I HAVE NOT been charged the $40 by U2.com for the membership. (like I need to give the band any more of my money. :huh: )

I scored two seats in the presale to the 2nd Toronto show two weeks ago. Code worked well. Got great seats! My tickets are "still being printed" as well. Good thing, as Ticketbastard screwed me over when their system crashed while I was trying to purchase two additional tickets for friends. I had the tickets reserved, the system kicked me out of my account, and made me put in my address info all over again. While I was doing that, it crashed... totally unresponsive.

When I called Ticketbastard, some snotty guy basically told me it was too bad. Nothing could be done about it. I've emailed a number of times, called, etc. Nothing.

That's what happens when you have a near monopoly on ticket sales...

Back
Top Bottom