Fan Actions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are supposed to wear Red shirts in Hawaii. There is an initiative to get the word out to everyone attending.

I thought red balloons released during the show would be cool too , but it was discussed already I guess and the concencus was that it was not do-able.
:(
I want to do it, I think it would be cool to see red shirts and balloons floating around.
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a peace crane (oragami) project underway for the shows in Japan. People are making thousands of these little paper peace cranes for the show. It sounds really beautiful.

Jeannieco said:
Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I think I remember reading somewhere that there is a peace crane (oragami) project underway for the shows in Japan. People are making thousands of these little paper peace cranes for the show. It sounds really beautiful.

Yeah, you're right about the Peace Cranes in Tokyo.

Fragrant from Baton Rouge is organizing it, not sure if we're supposed to throw them in the air or just hold them up or what.

There was some talk about just making a bunch of paper airplanes instead, because origami is so fucking hard to do, but Fragrant said she'd help everyone fold their cranes, so that should be good.

4U2Play said:

Yeah, you're right about the Peace Cranes in Tokyo.

Fragrant from Baton Rouge is organizing it, not sure if we're supposed to throw them in the air or just hold them up or what.

There was some talk about just making a bunch of paper airplanes instead, because origami is so fucking hard to do, but Fragrant said she'd help everyone fold their cranes, so that should be good.

Wow, that is going to be incredible! What they symbolize and all. Bono is going to be blown away I think by this gesture!

I am sure pictures will turn up somewhere! Have a blast!
Is this going to happen at all 3 shows?

Jeannieco said:

I thought red balloons released during the show would be cool too , but it was discussed already I guess and the concencus was that it was not do-able.
:(
I want to do it, I think it would be cool to see red shirts and balloons floating around.

In Monterrey, Mexico (back in February), most inside the ellipse had bandanas and red balloons. So I think it's do-able, and it would be something really cool to do, thinking that there will be soooo many fans attending.

nobody did anything in Australia? no thank you signs? no saying hi to Bonos dead father? i wonder if the band was disappointed there was no sign of appreciation from the fans.

im just saying it would have been nice if you had said hello to one of his dead relatives or something

Chizip said:
im just saying it would have been nice if you had said hello to one of his dead relatives or something

:):)
I noticed that on the Milan DVD but I wasn't sure what it said on the upper deck. Does it say Hi Bob? I think that's kinda weird myself.
Do you know if there is a story behind that? I missed that one....:|

dazzlingamy said:
i guess we're not as lame...err i mean dedicated as the us fans!!

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

Though the balloons at Auckland I were actually neat.

There were a few of us throwing ideas around on the U2Australia email list... a few of us made t-shirts and someone thought of making lots of hearts from red paper, but I guess Australians are too laid-back and it didn't catch on that I saw.

I think the volume of the screaming at the Melbourne shows pretty much got the message across that we appreciated them.
:D :hyper: :applaud: :combust:

considering u2 hasn't been in australia/nz in 8 years, i wonder why nobody did just a little to welcome them and show their appreciation.

Copy said:
considering u2 hasn't been in australia/nz in 8 years, i wonder why nobody did just a little to welcome them and show their appreciation.

Because showing up in record numbers isn't appreciative enough?

Copy said:
ah come on, the last sydney show wasnt even sold out.

And yet Sydney had the second-highest attendance out of any city in the world on the Vertigo Tour. It was only beaten by Dublin.

So your point is redundant.

so many people and not a single one of them bothered to do something extra, other than just being there. that must have been a little disappointing to the band.

Axver said:

And yet Sydney had the second-highest attendance out of any city in the world on the Vertigo Tour. It was only beaten by Dublin.

What exactly does that mean? The ratio of people in the crowd: Sydney residents, or it was just the second largest crowd in general?

Copy said:
so many people and not a single one of them bothered to do something extra, other than just being there. that must have been a little disappointing to the band.

I really, really doubt it.

Liesje said:

What exactly does that mean? The ratio of people in the crowd: Sydney residents, or it was just the second largest crowd in general?

Yeah, I'm not sure, because US cities all got indoor shows, which means the capacity is less. Dublin was played, what, four times? So was Philly in the two US legs, but in the 20-something thousand seat Wachovia Center. Dublin had Croke Park.

You have to factor that in too. So, being sold out is actually something to be noted about when there are three shows.

Sicy said:
This thread is whack.

I agree.

I also don't see why people feel that an audience should do anything special for the band. People paid to be there, and the band performed. That's all you need. Yeah, it's cool if fans coordinate some sort of gesture, but if they don't...so?

Back
Top Bottom