Fake Aussie Tickets???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
New Zealand isn't Australia. :down: :sad:

Knowing that requires a grasp on geography.

Which reminds me of the time some Yank tried to convince me New Zealand is actually north of Australia ...

Axver said:

Knowing that requires a grasp on geography.

Which reminds me of the time some Yank tried to convince me New Zealand is actually north of Australia ...

north of australia? lol!

btw that shit sucks :(

Axver said:

:rolleyes:

Not all Yanks are that pathetic - some of us did stay awake during geography :D

Me and my mates have to swap our tickets cos of that big stuff up, I'm in charge of working it out apparently.
Got the letter and courier pack today, and I spoke with a Red Tickets guy on the phone, what a mess :mad: .

Pretty easily solved but damn annoying!

quadcaster said:

north of australia? lol!

I was laughing too hard to call him an idiot.

I've encountered worse, though. There was this guy I met in Tennessee who takes the cake.

Him: Where are you from?
Me: New Zealand.
Him: *blank stare*
Me: You know, where they filmed Lord Of The Rings.
Him: *blank stare*
Me: Southeast of Australia.

'Australia' actually rung a faint bell in this guy's head. And apparently he's in the top five students in grade 12 at his school. :|

(To be fair, I can tell a great story of an Australian who thought Texas was the capital of Mexico! :lmao: )

My nephew just got back from a 3 week trip to Oz and NZ....a conversation with a co-worker went like this:

Her: Australia, isn't that where Arnold (Swartzenegger) is from?
Me: Uhm no, that's Austria
Her: What's the difference?
Me: :madwife:

:D

MsGiggles said:
My nephew just got back from a 3 week trip to Oz and NZ....a conversation with a co-worker went like this:

Her: Australia, isn't that where Arnold (Swartzenegger) is from?
Me: Uhm no, that's Austria
Her: What's the difference?
Me: :madwife:

:D

"Austria? Well G'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"

Since we’re on a roll …

A few years back I was with the missus in a jewellery shop in Chicago and we overheard a conversation by an American businesswoman talking to the owner…

“I just got back from Sydney. Oh my! I’m glad I flew business class, I can’t imagine what it would be like to fly economy that far… I thought the whole island was tropical, and they have cities there just like here in the US. Sydney was much much bigger than I thought.”

And here’s the clincher:

“I can’t believe people live that far away.”

Enough said.

:lmao:

Some people are truly daft. I love the folks who can't grasp the idea that we have Christmas on 25 December in the summer, which is the hot season.

I've had everything from "so, you celebrate Christmas in July?" to "wow, summer is COLD there?"

Back
Top Bottom