Expensive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zola

Babyface
Just paid £96.50 (!!!!!!!) for a London ticket (10.00am GMT). U2 better be hot! I paid £7.50 in 1979 to see Led Zeppelin and £10.50 in 1982 to see the Rolling Stones. O.k inflation, but for God's Sake!

There's quite a few threads about this at the moment, but I've just paid nearly £200 for 2 seated tix at Glasgow.

A brief look around sees some seated Elevation tix I bought for £45 each and some Zoo TV OB tickets, albeit standing, for £22 each...

At least I actually got tickets, unlike most it seems... sympathy to you all.. but at £84 plus "handling" charges (how much do Ticketmaster pay their staff?) it works out at £95 each and that's before travel etc.
Are U2 planning to pay off Third World debt on their own?
I love the band but this is unacceptable.

I'm scared looking at UK prices, and then mad at looking at Holland, or even US prices. (lowest ones, that is)

Here, we also have agencies that provide the bus ride and hotel, but I'm afraid what will happen to those prices...

paid 246.95 pounds for 4 standing Twickenham tix. Anyone knows when they'll be mailed? Will it be 10 days before the show as Ticketmaster says?

i remember there is a bootleg around in which bono comment about people (basterds) outside who charge 100 $ for a ticket not being welcome at their show.......very strange to see a u2 show without u2 then hey....:wink: ( i know inflation and stuff)

I feel screwed!!!

I've spent a lot more than the 500 Pounds on u2 than Bono's was talking about in Out of Control in 2001, and this is what I get.
A presale access-code that doesn't work and automatically generated standard answers in reply to my email.

U2 has lost a good deal of goodwill this morning... and I consider myself a diehard-fan.

Thank you Principle Management!!!

We get shafted in the uk, house prices, cars, even stuff like CD's and now concerts, I paid £65 a head to stand to watch the stones on the last tour, u2 aren't quite that high yet, but it's getting there. Thought they were better than that.

I hope Willie Williams has put together a hell of a stage design to justify these prices. I mean the US get's to stand for around £30, £25 less than the UK. Fucking joke, but damnit, I love this band, and I'd still hate to miss out.

Axver said:
How do these prices compare to other major acts?

Over here, Metallica, Pearl jam and Nirvana all played. Tickets were, inflation not counting, around 43 USD/33 EUR.

Back
Top Bottom