Existential question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mynthor

The Fly
I will go to the U2 show in Montreal the 28th of November. Since the new DVD will be available the 14th of November I was asking myself «Do I watch it or not???»

Gimme your opinion on it please!

dont' watch it. I wish I had never spoiled it for myself by coming here ans looking at all the setlists and pictures.

Totally watch it! There's nothing wrong with that. The show has sort of changed since May, anyway. It won't hurt the experience...or it wouldn't for me, anyhow...

If you shout... said:
Totally watch it! There's nothing wrong with that. The show has sort of changed since May, anyway. It won't hurt the experience...or it wouldn't for me, anyhow...

I say definitely watch it. you'll be surprised by how much more polished the show has become since the 1st leg.

Mynthor said:
I will go to the U2 show in Montreal the 28th of November. Since the new DVD will be available the 14th of November I was asking myself «Do I watch it or not???»

Have you seen the Vertigo Tour yet? If you have not, don't watch the DVD.

I also say that if you've already been to a show on Vertigo then go ahead, but if you haven't yet then I'd hold off...then on the 29th go hog wild with it and maintain the high! :D

Pop Artist said:
I also say that if you've already been to a show on Vertigo then go ahead, but if you haven't yet then I'd hold off...then on the 29th go hog wild with it and maintain the high! :D

No I havent been to a Vertigo show yet...moreover, I have never been to a U2 show before! I guess that's what I'll do Pop artist, it'll be tough not to watch it but i guess I'll better enjoy my first U2 show! :wink:

Mynthor said:

I would watch Elevation or Zootv personally and then you'll get a feel for a U2, but it won't ruin it.

I am totally in the same boat here. My first show will be the 18th. However, given that week will be crazy hectic, I think I can waitmaybe. Of course, I'll have to avoid interference for the first part of the week and first thing Sunday morning after the Atlanta shows are over I'll be at my local music store buying a copy.

You know, suddenly, that weekend in November is looking like it will be one of the greatest U2 weekends ever for me - 2 live shows and a brand spankin' new dvd.

Don't watch it. Save it for the days after the show when you'll be aching for anything to fill up the U2-visual void. :wink:

Don't watch it, but I would add: wait a couple of week after your show, before watching it.
Try to keep your own images of the show you attended before spoiling them with the DVD.

TripThroughWire said:
Don't watch it, but I would add: wait a couple of week after your show, before watching it.
Try to keep your own images of the show you attended before spoiling them with the DVD.

No way! I'll watch it the day after for sure! :D

DO NOT WATCH IT. you will save yourself such an experience. PLEASE PLEASE restrain. considering you frequent this board, i assume you are familair with the setlists, so at least save the visuals/effects for the real deal!

marik said:
DO NOT WATCH IT. you will save yourself such an experience. PLEASE PLEASE restrain. considering you frequent this board, i assume you are familair with the setlists, so at least save the visuals/effects for the real deal!

Yeah I'm pretty familiar with the setlist...I think thats a good thing because if they play an unusual song, I'll be even more happy!

i am also going through a similar situation. My first show will be on December 9th, and i will not watch the dvd first because i think that it will take away from the experience. I think i can wait until christmas to watch the dvd.

Back
Top Bottom