"Everyone" every show?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZooMacPhisto800

War Child
Did U2 do the "Everyone" thing at every show? All I know is that I saw it after "Wake Up" and before COBL on the Chicago DVD. This did not happen in Montreal, the crowd was so loud that they went straight from "Wake Up" to COBL. By the way, the Chicago DVD is unbelievably lame - I was a complete buzzkill at Christmas watching it with my bros, I was like "I can't watch this, it's so terrible. The crowd is so lame". The difference between "Wake Up" to COBL at Montreal versus Chicago is like night and day x 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

Hey what was that song that was played just before U2 took the stage? It was a real cool, really totally like catchy song....

:ducking before the onslaught...I'm just kidding: :reject:

Oh man give the thread starter (ZooMacPhisto800) a break. What ever happened to the U2 fan camaraderie? Is everyone just stressed out waiting for U2 to continue touring again?
As for the question, I don’t remember "Everyone" being played at the Toronto shows when I went either. Not sure if they purposely include it in some shows and not others. Sounds a lot better with it thought.
BTW --- Night and Day :drool:

DPrinceNY said:
Oh man give the thread starter (ZooMacPhisto800) a break. What ever happened to the U2 fan camaraderie?

Exactly, check out the last 2 sentences of ZooMacPhisto800's post and you have your answer as to why it was responded to in this way. :shrug:

Blue Room said:

Exactly, check out the last 2 sentences of ZooMacPhisto800's post and you have your answer as to why it was responded to in this way. :shrug:

What? You think they were justified in saying the thread is lame just because I said that the difference btw Chicago and MTL is like night and day x 10 to the power of 47?

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

What? You think they were justified in saying the thread is lame just because I said that the difference btw Chicago and MTL is like night and day x 10 to the power of 47?

No, I agreed with another post that indicated that. YOU said the Chicago crowd was lame to start. I guess I'm lame because I was there. People responded to that part of your thread because other flame threads have occurred with similiar seemingly inflammatory remarks about a certain market or group of fans. What was the point of that part anyway? What did that have to do with Everyone being done at the beginning? It appeared to be a try at a weak link to another topic so you could slam the DVD and the Chicago crowd. :shrug:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

No, I agreed with another post that indicated that. YOU said the Chicago crowd was lame to start. I guess I'm lame because I was there. People responded to that part of your thread because other flame threads have occurred with similiar seemingly inflammatory remarks about a certain market or group of fans. What was the point of that part anyway? What did that have to do with Everyone being done at the beginning? It appeared to be a try at a weak link to another topic so you could slam the DVD and the Chicago crowd. :shrug:

I'm not saying you were lame. I don't know you. I'm saying the crowd as a collective whole were lame as evidenced by the evidence on the DVD. The "Everyone" part is relevant because it's the "quiet" point between two extremely high points (ie "Wake Up" and COBL). I'm wondering if this happened elsewhere because it didn't happen in Montreal. My bros also thought I was a buzzkill for emphasizing this but I can't help it, as said before, the difference is like "Night and Day" x 10 to the power of 47.

ZooMacPhisto800 said:

I'm not saying you were lame. I don't know you. I'm saying the crowd as a collective whole were lame as evidenced by the evidence on the DVD. The "Everyone" part is relevant because it's the "quiet" point between two extremely high points (ie "Wake Up" and COBL). I'm wondering if this happened elsewhere because it didn't happen in Montreal. My bros also thought I was a buzzkill for emphasizing this but I can't help it, as said before, the difference is like "Night and Day" x 10 to the power of 47.
define a lame crowd? so just because a crowd dosent jump up and down through every song, that makes them lame? is it not possible for fans to be into the show in another way? i.e. taking in the music etc?

p.s. there were no everyones at any european show apart from the 1st in brussels

KUEFC09U2 said:
define a lame crowd? so just because a crowd dosent jump up and down through every song, that makes them lame? is it not possible for fans to be into the show in another way? i.e. taking in the music etc?

Look at the Chicago DVD, and then look at Streets in the Slane DVD. Bono believes he has the best job in the world because of the energy of the crowd. "We're trying to find that transcendent place..." Again, if you look, U2 just feeds off the crowd during Streets.

Not only that, almost every show I went to had a non-energetic crowd - the exceptions are Miami 1 and 2. And it was annoying as hell. I was at the Tampa show, and people were sitting down. Yeah, you can take in the music, but it's rock n' roll.

I agree with ZooMacPhisto800, Chicago DVD had a lame crowd (Or dull, lazy, idle crowd... whatever), probably the lamest in all of the video releases of the U2 live concerts - and I don't give a shit who I offend saying that.

Just look at the DVD.

SiW87 said:

I agree with ZooMacPhisto800, Chicago DVD had a lame crowd (Or dull, lazy, idle crowd... whatever), probably the lamest in all of the video releases of the U2 live concerts - and I don't give a shit who I offend saying that.

Just look at the DVD.

I agree and I was there for one of the nights that they were filming. I have yet to see this DVD because I was disappointed in my experience up there.

:laugh: Well, I guess the thread came out just like I thought it would and why I agreed about it being "lame". Yet another bitch thread about Chicago and the DVD.

The crowd at ALL 6 Chicago shows was fine. The DVD was not edited the best. Each show in Chicago on the first leg got progressively better to me. 3rd night was great, 4th night was outstanding (unfortunately they were not filming that night). Also, the band told Hamish to make it art. Which meant focusing on different aspects of the show. I agree its not the greatest DVD (although I think its as good as Boston Elevation). They shot it to early in the tour. But Hamish did what the band asked him to do. I think the Milan DVD is going to be more of the straight forward approach. Because the band wanted the DVD's to have different feels to them.

So let the complaining continue. I guess U2 plays 6 shows in Chicago and uses the city as it base for the midwest, because its just so lame. :shrug:

Which Montreal show were you at? I was at the November 28th show. The crowd was incredible - so much energy - soooo loud! At one point, Bono just stood there in awe of the crowd. The boys feed of the crowd. Two weeks later I attended the Cleveland show and had first row seats, but the crowd was not that loud. The show was excellent, but could not compare to the Montreal show.

bonosbrota said:
Which Montreal show were you at? I was at the November 28th show. The crowd was incredible - so much energy - soooo loud! At one point, Bono just stood there in awe of the crowd. The boys feed of the crowd. Two weeks later I attended the Cleveland show and had first row seats, but the crowd was not that loud. The show was excellent, but could not compare to the Montreal show.
I attended the first show in Montreal on the 26th. From the moment the house lights went down and "Streets" started to play over the PA....and Arcade Fire kicked into Wake Up... the crowd was with the performers the entire night.

Absolutley amazing crowd. I have never seen such a diverse age range of people jumping up and down the entire evening. The entire GA floor was jumping up and down the whole evening, from the two 45ish guys in front of me to the 15 year old girls to my right.

It was an inspiring evening./

Blue Room said:
: the band told Hamish to make it art.

He said something about the DVD being shot from the audiences point of view after one of the cameramen asked about whether they should do some audience shots. So the focus of the show was not on the crowd. Maybe that's part of the reason.

Oh yeah...I don't think they did the 'everyone' thing in Cleveland either. What the hell is that anyway...Is it part of the Arcade Fire song? It sounded kinda wacky to me, some guy yelling - even my kids stopped what they were doing to look at the TV!

maureen

I'm glad they ditched Everyone for most Europe shows and I don't get it why they brought it back on the 3rd leg. It sounds weird and doesn't add anything to the buildup of the excitement, to the contrary. If Elevation proved anything going straight from opener into the 1st song works. Edge can start his COBL shmmier intro without the need of Everyone. If they are so hellbent on using it, put it at after One as the band leaves the stage. It makes more sense there. Akin to the got to go after The Fly during Elevation.

Billy Rotten said:
The 'everyone's were played at the 28th Montreal show - I was there and have the recording of the show.

I've heard the boot from Nov. 28th... I heard no "everyone"s. It was "Wake Up" direct to COBL.

Boy is my face red... looks like they even did it at the Montreal (Nov. 26th) show... guess the crowd was just so loud that you couldn't hear/notice it.

i agree miss naya. montreal crowds are INSANE! a U2 show in montreal would be amazing.

both boston and chicago crowds are very lame. U2 should never record another show in america again.

I'm ignoring that last post, because do we need to get into that stupid argument again? :rolleyes:

It's hard to judge a crowd from a DVD, because the audio of the band is further up in the mix, and I think they shove the crowd noise way too far down in general on concert DVDs.

Back
Top Bottom