everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

acrobatphoto

Babyface
The song is wake up, but what is the everyone? Just a loop assembled by some designer or is it from some remix of a song, like Popmart did Musik's Pop?

It certainly sounds like Gavin Friday to me. I've always thought it was him.

What about the one "everyone" where it sounds like some little whiny nebbish guy? I don't want to picture Bono doing that voice. :wink:

It's Gavin's concept for sure, but I don't think it's him on every "everyone", sounds like different people - one of them sounds like Adam to me.

I'm sure bono is at least one of them, because I've heard a bootleg (cant think which one) where he shouts everyone half way through the concert, and it sounds exactly like one of the opening ones.

I've been lurking around Interference for almost a year now and it's about time I start to chime in! As they say in radio, long time listener, first time caller... well for me - long time lurker, first time poster!

I just got the Vertigo Tour Book as a gift tonight and I took a look in the back of the book with the credits and it actually had this in there:

Everyone Audio
Narration: Brian F. O'Byrne
Sound: John Reynolds

Judging by that, it looks like it's Brian F. O'Byrne's voice yelling "Everyone!" just before the boys take the stage.

IMHO Everyone doesn't work. An intro should work up an audience, not bore it. In Europe it was wisely dropped as it killed the momentum but I'm surprised it re-emerged in the US.

Muad'zin said:
IMHO Everyone doesn't work. An intro should work up an audience, not bore it. In Europe it was wisely dropped as it killed the momentum but I'm surprised it re-emerged in the US.

:scratch:

the everyone yells goes on for like 20 seconds tops, and most certainly did not kill any of the energy or excitement at any of the shows i went to...

what are you basing this on?

when the big EVERYONE is yealled, people cheer...

I don't think is boring...is really interesting actually :hmm:

Muad'zin said:

Don't know about this. At the shows I was at people began to cheer louder during the everyones. :shrug:

GretzkyU2Yanks said:
I think they are mostly different people. Call me crazy but one of the 'Everyone's' sounds like Tom Cruise. haha

That would explain why I came out of the concert singing the praises of Scientology.

:hmm:

Muad'zin said:
I love the Everyone's :sad:

I haven't been to a show yet, but even on the dvd I thought it really hyped up the mood. Maybe they dropped it in Europe because they didn't want to bother making it in different languages. :wink:

i liked the "everyones" as well. When if heard it on the first boot ithought it was kinda strange, but liked it.

i liked the "everyones" as well. When if heard it on the first boot i thought it was kinda strange, but liked it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom