Europe is getting Zooropa & Pop songs according to Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool!

the boots will be fun, and a video release like cmb737 suggests sounds good too!
makes sense to add zooropa and pop stuff to europe rather than the states..it'll be interesting to see how/if they change things for back-to-the-us arena shows in the fall.
I'm curious to see how they change the overall shape of the show to incorporate it all and what they drop. they perhaps don't need to do the bloodysunday/bullet/running segment off US soil?
cheers...

Bono's Tart said:
I hope not!!
I hated Pop and Zooropa!!:madspit: :madspit:

We want whats already been rehearsed and nailed dont forget we dont get any where near as many concerts as America, they wont have time to prat around.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.
Why do you want a U2 show to be like a Broadway musical? We need variation, spontaneity, adding songs to the setlists that have been gone for awhile, keeping the shows fresh...
And that you *hate* Pop and Zooropa, that's clearly your problem. The majority of the European audience and this board will not agree with you.

We'll see.

I will be very surprised if anything other than Stay makes it from Zooropa, or anything from Pop that isn't Gone or Staring at the sun.

On the other hand, who thought we'd get Boy songs, Gloria and 40? :shrug:

supposedly they have been rehearsing please and they were thinking about playing it in chicago

so i would be surprised if that didnt show up

Yes, I meant to add Please for the US.

Maybe everyone will be surprised and they will play something that wasn't a single off those albums.

OMG I just had a little heartattack reading this news!
I've recently re-discovered POP and LOVE it all over again. Those will be goosebump-moments for sure!

June 10 :rockon:

I hope the Zooropa and Pop songs match with the new material and this new show... Adam saying they will play more songs from these album's brings higher expectation's on the visual aspect too! These songs were only (mostly) played on U2's biggest shows ever!

I think it's great that U2 at least has the ball's to play these songs again! Good news after a disappointing stage/show design!

I'm really looking forward to what U2 will bring to the European stadium's 7 years after their last big stadium tour! :drool:

pop was great, do you feel loved would be brilliant to hear live, i cant believe they axed it at the start of popmart..

I'm very excited at the prospect of Zooropa and Pop songs for the 2nd leg but they won't have much time to rehearse them and i'm sure anybody who's seen any of the 1st leg would agree as the tour as gone on the band has got better,so anybody like myself who's going to an earlyish date(14th June) wont see the band at there best.I hope this makes sense.
Oh by the way i hope they play Gone,Dirty day and Please :wink:

Is anybody else a little disturbed that U2 is letting commercial success dictate what songs are played where?

Don't you think it would be better for them to play the songs they think are their best musically no matter where they are? That way they could try to sell their best songs to the crowd even if some of them didn't sell well in that area.

To only play songs where they had commercial success seems like taking the easy way out.

Wow, they must be really scared to play the mid 90's stuff in America :wink:

As the US has only seen Stay from Zooropa.

Please Please Please Last Night on Earth, Dirty Day, Discotheque, Stay (full band)....lets hope!....at least Dirty Day :)

I will faint when If I see Dirty Day In a setlist party...Love that long so very much.
The Zoo TV Sydney Version :drool: ....another great song that only gets played in Australasia (remember Hawkmoon, well it did get europe once)

Bring on the europe tour already!

Chizip said:
Is anybody else a little disturbed that U2 is letting commercial success dictate what songs are played where?

Yes, I am. But considering the ticket fiasco, during the songs that WE would love to hear, a majority of the people attending the concert would be taking a bio break. That would be a big blow to the ego - even though the true fans would still be there.

Here's to hopefully great bootlegs from the European Tour. Maybe we will luck out during the third leg.

Chizip said:

Don't you think it would be better for them to play the songs they think are their best musically no matter where they are? That way they could try to sell their best songs to the crowd even if some of them didn't sell well in that area.

To only play songs where they had commercial success seems like taking the easy way out.

I tend to agree with this, Chizip. For the same reason I think they should risk more regarding the setlist, allthough I am FAR from complaining, because we're lucky they've gone on this tour after all.
But in general, I personally could do without some songs they've been playing tour after tour, the big hits, so to speak.
I'm thrilled that they're playing songs again from the earyl days though.

But what you say makes sense to me - I think it's along the same line of thinking that Bono doesn't like the POP album all that much-because of the dissapointing sales. :(

I mean don't you lose a little integrity by picking by not picking the best songs musically, but rather picking the ones that did the best on the charts?

I understand you have to play the hits, but for some reason this just doesnt sit very well with me. Maybe I'm just jealous I dont live in Europe.

I hope this is true!

My first ever U2 concert was their Zooropa gig in Stockholm 31.07.1993 and one of my favourite songs of the night was Stay. So I do hope they play that at their Vertigo gig on the 31.07.2005 in Copenhagen (an anniversary of sorts for yours truely!), ooh the memories!!:heart:

Last edited:
The second time U2 payed Stay ever(!) was in Nijmegen (my hometown in Holland)...

Bono changed the lyrics to "Don't clap... Or I'll really fuck up" :)

I am excited for the June 10th setlist party too! :up:

I think Lemon would of been a brilliant visual for the indoor 1st leg with that stage setup they had.
I miss hearing Stay live.
I really miss hearing Gone live too. During Elevation 1st Leg, this was just so kick ass. You would think it would fit the Bomb sound now that it has become more "rock."
Last Night on Earth would be a great song on this tour as well. Absolutely love the Mexico City version (Elevation B-side).

Already this tour is shaping up to be more complex than the Love Town tour in having various setlists and song orders. For that alone, this might be the best tour EVER! There, I said it!:up:

Chizip said:

I'll preface this by stating that Pop is my favorite album and Popmart will always be my favorite tour.

That said I don't agree with your statement. They're playing so that the majority of the audience enjoys the show. Unfortunately, some of the songs that were commercially successful in the U.S. might not be my favorites, but I just can't imagine them playing some more obscure song to an audience in the U.S. that will most likely see them once. They want the majority of the audience to enjoy the show.

Looking around at the audience I was sitting around (even a lot of the people I was standing around in GA), these were not hardcore fans these were people who were there to hear the songs they knew and liked and they enjoyed them, that's what made the show special for them. These are the majority of the people at the show, not the minority hardcore fan. I'm not sure what you're saying makes sense and I don't think it has anything to do with taking the easy way out, it's just realistic.

Also, what makes you think that the songs they're playing they don't like? I believe they like the songs they'd played here and like the songs they'll decide to play in Europe, they'll tailor each show to their audience. Unfortunately for us, the Europeans have always had a more open mind when it comes to U2's music. That's not U2's fault.

Then again maybe we're all kidding ourselves and they'll rotate 1 or 2 songs from the U.S. setlist and Europe will get basically what we've been hearing. I think I'll reserve judgement until we hear the setlist from the 1st European show.

How many days left.:drool: :drool:

Electric Co.
The Ocean
An Cat Dubh
Gloria

All of these were HUGE hits in the U.S., and I cannot believe U2 are pandering to the American fans this way. :huh:

2Hearts said:
Electric Co.
The Ocean
An Cat Dubh
Gloria

All of these were HUGE hits in the U.S., and I cannot believe U2 are pandering to the American fans this way. :huh:

You forgot Zoo Station. I remember when the video was on MTV every 5 minutes.:|

P.S. Gloria was played quite a lot in the U.S. both on the radio and on MTV when it came out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom