???? europe 2006 ????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adele

The Fly
Has anyone else seen/heard the rumour that U2 may be coming back to Europe in 2006??? I saw it on another forum, think it was on bono online, can anyone confirm?:scratch:

Some czech ticket site claimed that there will be concert in Prague in 2006 and that you already can reserve tickets (cost of reservation = 50 euro lol!) , but it was not confirmed by U2...

We'll wait and see..... shows in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe would make sense.. Let's hope for more Euro (indoor) shows....

On this subject, I have a basic question: was the 2nd European leg of Zooropa planned? I know this may sound a rather stupid question, but I don't know!!

The reason I ask is that if rumours of a 2nd European leg don't go away, it will be the first time they will have "returned" to Europe since Zooropa! I'm sure if I'm wrong someone on this site will quickly correct me. But I find it fascinating - I mean what were the criteria behind them deciding to take the Zooropa concert outside into parks and football stadiums? Was it pre-medidated or was an actual business decision made before the whole tour started?

Would really like to know peoples memories/comments on this.

adele said:
Has anyone else seen/heard the rumour that U2 may be coming back to Europe in 2006??? I saw it on another forum, think it was on bono online, can anyone confirm?:scratch:

Of course I can't confirm but I'd be glad :hmm:

Steviec28 said:
On this subject, I have a basic question: was the 2nd European leg of Zooropa planned? I know this may sound a rather stupid question, but I don't know!!

The ZOOROPA outdoor leg was planned. Bono mentioned it at during the concert at Ahoy, Rotterdam in 1992. He said, "see you soon, maybe even next year"

..the following weeks there were rumours that three dates had been booked for 9, 10, 11 May 1993 at the Kuip Stadium in Rotterdam....

The outdoor leg was done, because of the huge demand for tickets and the relatively short tour of Western Europe... Zooropa was a much longer tour where more countries were played...

...Rumours about a 2006 leg have been around for months.... Budapest, Prague, Gijon.. 54 shows indoor-outdoor or a mix... who knows?? let's hope for the best...

Can't see it happening, much as I'd love it to. I'd have thought they would have done arenas first then returned to do stadiums. But the fact they played big shows to so many people this time makes me think they'll miss Europe and go on to places like South America, Asia, Australasia etc who haven't had a U2 gig in a while.

Plus, if we're only due one more single from HTDAAB, it must be getting near time for a break or to start work on a new album.

ascender_RS said:

Plus, if we're only due one more single from HTDAAB, it must be getting near time for a break or to start work on a new album.

Yes ! A quick one! Like Zooropa ! And then back to Europe ! Awww... here we go again :wink:

Remember what happened to the Europe 2002 tour?

I think the dates were even leaked - and some websites were pre-selling non-existant tickets.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
Remember what happened to the Europe 2002 tour?
I think the dates were even leaked - and some websites were pre-selling non-existant tickets.
u2fp

...Yep, a tour was planned, but never announced back then...
.....we'll have to wait and see... My guess is we'll have more clues after the Fall tour has started.. there'll be no announcement before that.....
It would be cool to have U2 on European roads again next Spring, but yeah... I do remember the plans U2 had for 2002.....

Back
Top Bottom