Euro stage rumors!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
From u2tour.de:

Wie ein Mitglied unseres Forums unter Berufung auf gut informierte Quellen berichtet, wird es bei den Europashows KEINEN ei-förmigen Catwalk geben, wie er momantan bei den US-Hallenshows benutzt wird. Vor der Bühne soll es zwei abgesperrte Bereiche geben, die ingesamt gut 3000 Leute fassen werden. Dies ist eine Bestätigung der Details, die wir bereits in einer Newsmeldung Anfang Februar auf U2tour.de präsentieren konnten. Die Hauptbühne soll des weiteren durch zwei Catwalks ins Publikum komplettiert werden. Diese sollen sich jeweils an der Seite in Höhe von Edge bzw. Adam befinden. Ein Losverfahren für die Plätze im abgesonderten Bereich vor der Bühne, wie es in den Staaten praktiziert wird, wird es aller Voraussicht nach nicht geben. Lediglich wird die Möglichkeit einer Extra-Warteschlange für U2.com-Mitglieder offengehalten.

Here is what it says,

- there will be no ellipse-shaped catwalk like US shows

- there will be TWO closed areas in front of the stage, that will be filled with over 3000 people

- the main stage is supposed to be completed with TWO catwalks into the audience, these catwalks are supposed to be on Adam's and Edge's sides

- probably no lottery like US

- possibly an option of extra waiting line for U2.com members

:hyper: two catwalks and a huge "bomb shelter" area. Looks like something big is coming up!

103.jpg

yeah i was going to post that picture too

i wonder if the rumors came from that sketch

or if they came from somewhere else and confirms that sketch

A member of u2tour.de's forum with a "well informed source" posted that info. U2tour.de also says in that article this is a confirmation of details they posted in a news article back in February.

:up: That is an interesting picture...never seen it before.

I didnt think there'd be a lottery - would be hard to run with so many more people...

Onlt a few weeks. I cant wait :hyper:

Those sketches have more than likely changed now as Willie Williams mentioned in his diary that the front end of the stage has been redesigned at the request of Bono.

they probably added those 2 enclosed areas in front of the stage to that sketch :hmm:

Got an e-mail from my brother who works in the staging business. There's two walkways coming out around 50m from the left and right of the stage (which is a traditional box end with the US vertigo spiral main stage) at the end of each walkway is a smaller version of the two vertigo main stages. There is no connecting runway between the two stages, but a crowd barrier is there giving a bomb shelter type corral in fron t of the main stage of around 40m by 40m. There is a further crowd separator around halfway on a football pitch. This gives the area between the two runways directly in front of the stage, a narrowish band across the pitch in front of the b (and c?) stage along with the wings of the pitch in front of the stage and of course one big area further back

oh there may be health and safety issues with the front corral, there's only one way out apart from rushing the stage so there may have to be some changes, and he's not sure of the sizes of the stage as he's only seen a top down view for a couple of minutes.

menelaos said:
I saw a foto from the stadium in munchen some months ago and the stage was all the same with the us stage....
its going to be a totally different production, or so willie williams says, and i really cant seem him lying as he is the one designing it

KUEFC09U2 said:
its going to be a totally different production, or so willie williams says, and i really cant seem him lying as he is the one designing it

I think he means the main portion of the stage (IE where the mic stands, drum kit, Edge world, are located) is the same as the arena stage. Its kind of plugged into the stadium frame. Sort of like what they did with the Elevation stage at Slane. Check out the Munich stage diagram and you will see what I mean. Thats how it appears there. Appears the only thing they have added to that diagram is the two catwalks. Otherwise, as I said several months ago, the Munich diagram is the Euro stage.

Blue Room said:

I think he means the main portion of the stage (IE where the mic stands, drum kit, Edge world, are located) is the same as the arena stage. Its kind of plugged into the stadium frame. Sort of like what they did with the Elevation stage at Slane. Check out the Munich stage diagram and you will see what I mean. Thats how it appears there. Appears the only thing they have added to that diagram is the two catwalks. Otherwise, as I said several months ago, the Munich diagram is the Euro stage.
needs to be different lighting, willie spoke about different "art" work for the new production,

Blue Room said:
Otherwise, as I said several months ago, the Munich diagram is the Euro stage.

...we also had diagram for arenas... and it didn't tell us anything about the stage...

...the famous Munich diagram isn't showing anything more than size/shape... they already added 2 walkways to the stage (picture from u2.com)... but we still can't see any screens (normal or LED) any moving parts (something like Lemon or trabants)... a huge nothing on that diagram... we can only gues that Larry will be playing on a "target" just like he is doing it in arenas

bathiu said:

...we also had diagram for arenas... and it didn't tell us anything about the stage...

...the famous Munich diagram isn't showing anything more than size/shape... they already added 2 walkways to the stage (picture from u2.com)... but we still can't see any screens (normal or LED) any moving parts (something like Lemon or trabants)... a huge nothing on that diagram... we can only gues that Larry will be playing on a "target" just like he is doing it in arenas

Oh, I agree, I said the same thing before. But the Munich diagram is correct, it is the basic size and layout of the stage other than the catwalks. Obviously the lighting has to be somewhat different because of the size and the fact that its outdoors and the production will look different. It has to, the stage is twice the size.

Regarding the target, it will be there, but will be hard to see except in the upper bleacher seats obviously. Its simply easier from a production standpoint to plug in the stage they are using into the stage frame. Thats what that diagram shows me. Could it change completely? Sure, but I dont think they will do that much drastic changing to that original plan as they have been focused on the arena shows and the DVD for the last couple months. The Munich diagram is the original plan which has probebly just been tweaked. I guess we will know soon enough.

Blue Room said:

Oh, I agree, I said the same thing before. But the Munich diagram is correct, it is the basic size and layout of the stage other than the catwalks. Obviously the lighting has to be somewhat different because of the size and the fact that its outdoors and the production will look different. It has to, the stage is twice the size.

Regarding the target, it will be there, but will be hard to see except in the upper bleacher seats obviously. Its simply easier from a production standpoint to plug in the stage they are using into the stage frame. Thats what that diagram shows me. Could it change completely? Sure, but I dont think they will do that much drastic changing to that original plan as they have been focused on the arena shows and the DVD for the last couple months. The Munich diagram is the original plan which has probebly just been tweaked. I guess we will know soon enough.

yes, you are right... BUT...
I don't think they are so focused on arena shows this time (at least not as much as with Elevation), why? because of these numbers:

- U.S. - 1st leg - 539,800 people
- Europe - 2nd leg - 1,957,200 people

...now, 3rd leg will be longer than 1st, but even when they sell 1,000,000 tickets for 3rd leg, they will still make less money in U.S. and will play for less people then in Europe...
What I want to say with this, is that this time - I think - stadiums will be more important than arenas... I also believe there will be another DVD of some stadium show...

Back
Top Bottom