ETS Contact?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nightsong

Acrobat
Anyone have a supervisory contact for this organization? Like anyone else, I've had bad customer service before but this was above and beyond.

I had earlier called the Delta Center to inquire about GA and as they are still in the "working" out the details stage, I had mentioned that those of us who purchased GA tickets from ETS would not be able to pick them up until 4 pm. She had never heard of ETS and said they were going by the info they had received from U2 management. She said to have ETS call her. I called ETS and started to explain the situation, basically he said they have nothing to do with the venue and that the road crew handles it and they won't get there until 2 pm because they are on a bus. Again I tried to explain that I was just asking them to call the Delta Center beforehand and he just said they don't do that as they have no credibility with the venues. I advised him the rep from the Delta Center would welcome a call from them and maybe I could talk to someone else who could help me, he said sure and then WITHOUT HITTING THE MUTE BUTTON, he asked his cubicle mates "who wants to talk to this b*tch" ? And then explains my request in an extrememly antagonistic tone. He transfers me to a lady who isn't going to help me either who states that ETS vouchers haven't been a problem in any other city. I explained that in most other cities, the fans run the GA line and the fans know who ETS is. But all she wants to do is refund my money...hmmm just like Varitek experienced in the "Boston wrist band procedure/ETS GA ticket" thread.

I really didn't think I was asking for so very much? I was not rude to them so I don't think it's too much to ask of them to be polite to me, after all it is my $$ that is paying their salaries.

Maybe ETS reps are getting a bit tired of rabid fans going postal on them over the phone over something that is a NON ISSUE. People freaking out on venue staff are the ones causing the problems here.

See Varitek's followup. Turned out just as it should have for him.

Which is what everyone said all along.

Go with your ticket confirm/voucher. Line up. At 4 go get your ticket. Come back to the line. Go in, hopefully scan, and have a great show.

Very simple.

There were quite a few people around me in Boston who had their ETS vouchers with them and had no problem getting their morning wristbands.

I can't say anything bad about ETS as they have been nothing but helpful and responsive with me both in person and via email. I've used them for 4 shows so far and can only say great things about them.

I agree with ramblin rose. Had ETS voucher on Sunday, went to the line at 8, got my wristband, went shopping/sleeping/relaxing. went to party - which looked great (only the food kind arrived a bit late, so I had run back to the line. Did not get scanned, but was right there.

The people from ETS I had spoken to seemed to be really nice.

Well I wasn't postal or freaking out on anyone. I didn't even get mad after he called me a b* :) I'm glad everyone else has had a good experience, that speaks to the caliber of the company. Which makes me even more sure they would want to know about the call I experienced today. I found the number for corporate, I'll give them a call tomorrow. If they are like any other call center, I'm sure they record all of their calls and they can listen and judge for themselves in order to determine if this call was the level of customer service they are wanting to deliver.

Nightsong, I agree, that was uncalled for. I work for a HelpDesk call center so my job is helping people w/ computer and technology issues over the phone. Of course I've felt like saying things like that a lot (mostly with these snooty professors that think their phds give them the right to boss me around and go against protocol to give them priority), but like you said sometimes you forget to hit the mute button when putting someone on hold so you just can't go off like that when there's a chance the customer is listening. It's extremely unprofessional. If I or one of my coworkers behaved like that you bet my boss would like to know about it. Like you said, we log every single one of our calls (though they're not recorded) and everytime a call or work order is closed, the customer gets an automatic e-mail that has a link to a survey so they can report on the quality of our service. My supervisors take these surveys very seriously, both the positive and negative comments. Maybe that particular employee was in a bad mood or having a bad day, but maybe he is a repeat offender that needs a serious reprimand. Only the boss can judge...

I got my GA's for both STL and Omaha through ETS since I have heard only good things about them. I agree the attitude was bad, but really, they're only a travel and event provider. They have nothing to do with the venue or the show beyond providing a ticket. It would be like asking your travel agent to find your lost suitcase.

ETS or U2 mgmt needs to get their act together - they did for Ottawa in the knick of time but they need to ensure that other venues implementing policies a-la-Boston/Ottawa are aware that ETS vouchers are legitimate.

tryan101 said:
I got my GA's for both STL and Omaha through ETS since I have heard only good things about them. I agree the attitude was bad, but really, they're only a travel and event provider. They have nothing to do with the venue or the show beyond providing a ticket. It would be like asking your travel agent to find your lost suitcase.

True, but people shouldn't work for a call center and call the customer a "bitch" when s/he can hear. I get a lot of calls that have nothing to do with me or our service (like people calling about problems with their home internet service) and it's not that difficult to politely inform someone it's not something you can deal with. Also, just because the employee doesn't like the question asked doesn't mean s/he should pass the customer off to someone else. Yes, it's annoying when people call and then try to tell you how to do your job, but there are mature and immature ways to handle the situation and calling someone a bitch and then trying to pass the call is not the mature way.

People deal with other's according to the manner in which they are approached. It's human nature, and it will happen to the best of us. Not condoning calling someone a bitch, mind you...

Both reps provided clear answers. They just weren't the answers that would satisfy that customer. They did the right thing, offered the money back to an unhappy customer.

:shrug:

gabrielvox said:
People deal with other's according to the manner in which they are approached. It's human nature, and it will happen to the best of us. Not condoning calling someone a bitch, mind you...

Both reps provided clear answers. They just weren't the answers that would satisfy that customer. They did the right thing, offered the money back to an unhappy customer.

I agree with the second paragraph, but working full time in a call center myself, if it was OK to answer all fo my customers in the same manner they approached me, I would've been fired the first day! IMO, trying to pass the call is a bigger no-no than forgetting to hit the mute button and calling the customer a bitch. He should've just said "I'm sorry, this is our policy.......this is the extent to which we are involved....and I appologize if it inconveniences you, but we have no authority beyond that." You don't pass on a call, knowing the next person will have the same answer, just b/c you're too unprofessional to deal with the situation.

I just talked to the owner of ETS concerning yesterday's call. He apologized for the customer service I experienced yesterday. He said he would personally call the Delta Center and talk to them about the vouchers. He said the same issue came up in Ottawa and he would rather they straightened it out beforehand than the day of the show. He's also going to call me back after he speaks with the venue.

It is good to know the owner understands the importance of good customer service :)

My point was that I agreed it was handled poorly, but also that the expectations were not realistic. The company cannot be obligated or compelled to perform services or administer to issues beyond that which it has influence over or responsibility for.

man, did that sound like a laywer or what???

tryan101 said:
My point was that I agreed it was handled poorly, but also that the expectations were not realistic. The company cannot be obligated or compelled to perform services or administer to issues beyond that which it has influence over or responsibility for.

I completely agree, but that doesn't give the employees an excuse to be rude and unprofessional. I get a call almost every 10 minutes for a technology issue that we can't legally deal with, but most customers are reasonable and leave you alone when you politely explain why instead of putting them on hold to make someone else take the call.

17.gif

Nah, ETS reps were idiots

gabrielvox said:

:shrug:

I've used ETS 2 times now. First time was hitchless in Vegas. Second time in Philly was during the whole GA fiasco 1st leg. First, the phone ppl know jack sh-t when it comes to the seats their selling. Different reps promised me on the phone specifically front row seating if I stayed for the Platinum Offer coming as a refugee from the GA package. Total misinformation, and at worst lying. Second, once the smoke cleared on what to do after the GA's were pulled, the only thing they actually did was offer a small discount on the really expensive Platinum package. I ended up with reserved seats that were not close to the stage, about 30 rows back. That's my .02 cents.

Also, to the poster above, do you work for ETS or something? Give me a break, or at least give me a chance to pull up my boots for the BS your doling out. ETS just happens to have the U2 tickets we all want, and that's their saving grace. Take poor and insulting customer service, and accept it? Are you on crack? F that.

ladywithspinninghead said:
ETS or U2 mgmt needs to get their act together - they did for Ottawa in the knick of time but they need to ensure that other venues implementing policies a-la-Boston/Ottawa are aware that ETS vouchers are legitimate.

Very funny Ms. Guest At Alot of ETS Parties

:madspit:

:wink:

I'm still adamant that this whole thing would not have been an issue if people (including you Ms...;) ) didn't feel compelled to call venue staff and start the questions which in turn led to said staff issuing pat answers based on what little they knew while they were still trying to manage their other events. Do you think that if noone started this that on the day of show they would have refused to hand out a wristband to someone with a ticket voucher? I doubt it. Is will call open at 8 AM? Doubt it.

I'm glad the owner of ETS gave you the answers you desired Nightsong. He is a very nice guy and I had no doubt he would be accomodating. :)

Re: Nah, ETS reps were idiots

sonicsmurf said:

I've used ETS 2 times now. First time was hitchless in Vegas. Second time in Philly was during the whole GA fiasco 1st leg. First, the phone ppl know jack sh-t when it comes to the seats their selling. Different reps promised me on the phone specifically front row seating if I stayed for the Platinum Offer coming as a refugee from the GA package. Total misinformation, and at worst lying. Second, once the smoke cleared on what to do after the GA's were pulled, the only thing they actually did was offer a small discount on the really expensive Platinum package. I ended up with reserved seats that were not close to the stage, about 30 rows back. That's my .02 cents.

Also, to the poster above, do you work for ETS or something? Give me a break, or at least give me a chance to pull up my boots for the BS your doling out. ETS just happens to have the U2 tickets we all want, and that's their saving grace. Take poor and insulting customer service, and accept it? Are you on crack? F that.

So let me get this straight:

Vegas - good experience. mind you you cant find anything nice to say. oh well.

Philly - you were told that you could upgrade to Platinums if you stuck around and were patient during a fiasco over which they had no control, and which affected many others, not just ETS? How exactly is that misinformation, other than the front row thing? Did you honestly expect to get the Platinums for the same price as GAs? The only thing they did was offer you another package, 30 rows off the stage? Are YOU on crack? How about your money back and a sorry for the inconvenience, AND YOU NOT SEEING THE SHOW AT ALL???? Or worse, what you'll get from the brokerscalpers online, a rain check for another event, because they reserve the right to not issue a refund, but simply give you a credit for something you probably dont want in the future? You got to see U2 in platinums 30 rows off the stage and you're whining? A hell of alot of people on the floor do WAY worse :lmao:

You guys can rip ETS, I dont work for them, but have worked with them, and understand all that goes into each show and each night they bust their asses to make sure that everyone gets to see their favorite band. You could do alot worse, and believe me, they are very much appreciated by U2 for what they do for fans...which will soon become very apparent...

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

most customers are reasonable and leave you alone when you politely explain why instead of putting them on hold to make someone else take the call.

lies re-read the story...he tried to explain and then he was asked if the customer could be transferred to someone who could help...im sure he read that as, your supervisor :shrug:

gabrielvox said:

lies re-read the story...he tried to explain and then he was asked if the customer could be transferred to someone who could help...im sure he read that as, your supervisor :shrug:

Yeah, but one of the first rules of working in a call center is you don't pass someone up to a supervisor just because they ask or are angry/annoying and you don't feel like dealing with the call. It was just poor form, on both sides of the phone.

gabrielvox said:
Agreed :up:

Did you get hooked up for Cleveland ok> I forget! Hopefully we'll bump into each other :)

Yes! Did you? I got two uppers for face value from an Interferencer. :D

Re: Re: Nah, ETS reps were idiots

gabrielvox said:

So let me get this straight:

Vegas - good experience. mind you you cant find anything nice to say. oh well.

Philly - you were told that you could upgrade to Platinums if you stuck around and were patient during a fiasco over which they...

Well, let's get one thing straight. U2 made the experience good, not ETS. To be fair, let's examine what value ETS provided me in Vegas. I walked over to pick up my ETS tickets at 4pm, and then went right back to the GA line where I had been waiting since the early AM. I easily forked 3x the face value of the ticket price to ETS, approximately the same going rate the scalpers were charging at that time. I did not eat any of the $100 per head ETS fruits, cheeses, or sandwiches. Nothing nice to say? Well, getting raped on the ticket price by ETS rather than a private scalper was a bit more comforting rather like buying overpriced gasoline from an American versus an Arab oil company.

The GA tickets being pulled for the Vertigo tour from ETS was not my problem. Don't care for it. Bottomline, ETS did not deliver on promises made after the GA's being pulled. I was told after being patient through the GA fiasco, I'd get front row, not the 30+ rows back from stage actually delivered. I made the decision to be upgraded to the Platinum package at the cost of near $600 for 2 tickets based on what I was specifically told by 2 different ETS phone representatives. I call that misinformation, bait and switch, and false advertisement. You call it what you will. If they told me otherwise, then YES I could have gotten tickets on EBAY. I've done so in the past with no problems. I could have gotten closer seats at another broker for the same price of near $600 for 2 reserved seats. I could have bought from another Interferencer who may or may not have had extra tickets. I could have gotten tickets on a random ticket drop. I ASSURE YOU WITH NO DOUBT I WAS NOT GOING TO MISS THE SHOW BY NOT BUYING THROUGH ETS. It seems that I have more expectations then you. Maybe you should stop smoking that crack pipe eh?

ETS is batting .500 in my book. I like the people working at the parties. The person who dealt with the rude ETS phone rep. Call it, and raise it with a report to Consumer Affairs or the BBB. Get that dumb sh-t fired. Just don't take it, and have the crack smoker above say it's all okay because ETS is all good in his book. Fight the power. My .02 cents.

Nightsong: Thanks very much for checking with the Delta Center and following up. I'll be in line(with voucher copy) and hopefully pairing up with someone to get scanned in.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic: You sound like you're good at what you do - I guess I wasn't cut out for the phones :) I did it for 3 months, and it's unbelievable the situations people get themselves into. One of the last straws for me was a guy calling me up, frantic and hysterical, because his brother had installed a new OS on their LIVE webservers(their business) without checking hardware req. or anything. His brother was threatening bodily harm, and the cops ended up there. Fun memories indeed. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post....and have fun in Cleveland!

weinerdog said:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic: You sound like you're good at what you do - I guess I wasn't cut out for the phones :) I did it for 3 months, and it's unbelievable the situations people get themselves into. One of the last straws for me was a guy calling me up, frantic and hysterical, because his brother had installed a new OS on their LIVE webservers(their business) without checking hardware req. or anything. His brother was threatening bodily harm, and the cops ended up there. Fun memories indeed. Anyway, sorry for the off topic post....and have fun in Cleveland!

heh...I'm heading into my fourth year as a computer technician (I mostly am assigned phone support). It's great experience, but it really wears you down. It's different than people calling to make an order or ask about this or that b/c when it comes to technology, people talk to you as if their entire livelihood is on the line and if you mess up or can't tell them what they want to hear, you're the devil.

I would say my most outrageous call was this: it's 4:59pm and the phones close at 5. Of course I get a call. It's a Spanish professor calling from Central America where she is with a group of students on a semester abroad. She's complaining that she has limited time to check her e-mail and whenever she tries at night, she either can't get on, or gets kicked off. I explain that that's an issue with her local ISP and I can't do anything about it. Then she tells me she knows her ISP is shit b/c she's in a third world country, but she's at the place with the server that moment and wonders if I'll speak to their networking person, who by the way only speaks Spanish. wtf? :mad: I try to politely explain to her that 1) it's not our problem that her ISP is crap 2) it's not our problem that that's the only ISP available in that country 3) it's not our problem that she can only check her e-mail during the busiest time of the day and thus can never dial in b/c the max. people are connected and 4) I don't speak a word of Spanish!!! She keeps trying to say "can't you do anything?" meanwhile it's way past my clock-out time, I can barely hear her b/c her phone service sucks, and NONE of this is our problem in the first place. :banghead:

I also had a professor insist that I thought he was stupid and rude. Basically, I work for a HelpDesk so we do all communication between our department and the users, even if it doesn't originate with our team. So this guy is working on an issue with this prof and asks me to ask him two questions so he can get a better understanding of the issue. The guy wasn't around, so I sent him our formal e-mail asking the two questions. I don't remember what the first question was, but the second was "Do you have more than one workstation in your office and if so, please let us know the asset tag number of the one with this issue." So he writes back and answers the first question and I respond saying thanks for the info and also repeat the second question. For no reason, he then replies and says "Do you think I'm stupid? of course I only have one workstation!" By then I was furious b/c this guy has been rude more than once so I explain (as passive agressively as possible) that LOTS of faculty and staff have more than one computer in their office and obviously we can't resolve the issue until we know what system we're dealing with. Jerk! It wasn't even MY question in the first place. :rolleyes:

Sometimes people are so rude or their expectations are so out of line you just want to go home and cry. After my afternoon phone shifts I have to spend about 2 hours in my room alone unwinding with no people speaking to me. It's not for everyone and I'm definitely looking forward to a change this summer...

/call center ranting

gabrielvox said:

I'm still adamant that this whole thing would not have been an issue if people (including you Ms...;) ) didn't feel compelled to call venue staff and start the questions which in turn led to said staff issuing pat answers based on what little they knew while they were still trying to manage their other events. Do you think that if noone started this that on the day of show they would have refused to hand out a wristband to someone with a ticket voucher? I doubt it. Is will call open at 8 AM? Doubt it.

Gabe, you're absolutely nuts to think the Corel Centre would have issued wristbands to those with ETS vouchers the morning of the show if a stink hadn't been raised the night before.
I spoke to the supervisor at ETS - she received numerous calls from concerned concert-goers once I and others put the word out there and then she followed up with the powers-that-be (as did Skywalker who also knows the owner). (Obviously you played a huge part too but the reality is that you were not the only one and I don't believe anything would have been done unless ETS and the Corel Centre mgmt were advised of this, as they were the night before.

Back
Top Bottom