Ellipse lottery no luck needed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache in a Suitcase said:

it's a she :mad:

cousin.jpg

:reject:

it is the facial hair that always throws me off
:wink:

You people too funny. Wish I knew these type of internet chat places existed before the tour ended. I don’t believe these girls were plants or anything scripted about their performance. However, them being in the ellipse (and even getting tickets to the show) involved a lot more work than luck could ever provide. If you know what I mean. That Asian chick got a lot of flack for the wrong reasons. It wasn’t her fault for Bono pulling her up more than once. Now she being on the rail and in the center so many times is a little bit more than coincidence. That loudmouth chick she traveled with definitely got tickets from U2 security. I am 100% positive of that and no one can refute it. Not even her!!!! She chats up that short security dude at every show. And I’m not talking about the kind of chatting up where you talk to people you just met for the first time. They have known each other for a long time. I’m a dude so I know and see the difference, if you know what I mean. I saw that same security dude slapping ellipse wristbands on her hand at more than one show. What these girls don’t realize is that people notice them and word gets around. I don’t deal in gossip, but when you keep hearing the same thing over and over, couple that with what you see happening in person. It blows your mind.

Those same group what you call "regulars" were getting into the ellipse by waiting by the soundboard. Asian chick, DVD chick, santa suit, loudmouth all of them. Yeah, that's how I got my ellipse wristband sometimes. Thanks for that girls. I heard that something happened in the beginning of the third leg. I got this from other sources, but I was told that their little plan of getting ellipse wristbands back at the soundboard stopped working. Security/U2 staffer wouldn’t give them anymore wristbands. Thanks for that too. So they started slipping wristbands off for their friends. Some even reused wristbands to get in. Made my tour more interesting.

Wow. Talk about disheartening. I'm positively terrified to try for GA tickets next tour... if this kind of stuff is happening... :( Damn...

Last edited:
I think I'm the "loudmouth" girl you're writing about. Yes, you've seen me talking with people who work with U2--I've been to lots of shows and know many of them who I count as friends now. Yes, I've gotten wristbands at the soundboard on several occasions but only once from someone I know. Many, many people are given wristbands there if there is space remaining in the ellipse and it isn't a secret. I scanned into the ellipse once out of 17 shows on the first leg, and the third leg I got in a ton, as did many other regulars I know. Really, don't invent shit about you seeing someone "slapping wristbands" on me. It's just not true. I get them at the table, just like everyone else except for the occasions I mentioned. Finally, I've paid for every single U2 ticket I've ever had. You say you don't deal in gossip but your posts are inflammatory and are based on half-truths that you have elaborated into lies. I know I shouldn't even honor your post with a response but I hate thinking that people will assume you are telling the truth. I've met so many interferencers at shows and have formed some great friendships, and it's a shame that things become so ugly and cruel now that the tour is over. Disheartening indeed.

iluvbeerandu2 said:
You people too funny. Wish I knew these type of internet chat places existed before the tour ended. I don’t believe these girls were plants or anything scripted about their performance. However, them being in the ellipse (and even getting tickets to the show) involved a lot more work than luck could ever provide. If you know what I mean. That Asian chick got a lot of flack for the wrong reasons. It wasn’t her fault for Bono pulling her up more than once. Now she being on the rail and in the center so many times is a little bit more than coincidence. That loudmouth chick she traveled with definitely got tickets from U2 security. I am 100% positive of that and no one can refute it. Not even her!!!! She chats up that short security dude at every show. And I’m not talking about the kind of chatting up where you talk to people you just met for the first time. They have known each other for a long time. I’m a dude so I know and see the difference, if you know what I mean. I saw that same security dude slapping ellipse wristbands on her hand at more than one show. What these girls don’t realize is that people notice them and word gets around. I don’t deal in gossip, but when you keep hearing the same thing over and over, couple that with what you see happening in person. It blows your mind.

Those same group what you call "regulars" were getting into the ellipse by waiting by the soundboard. Asian chick, DVD chick, santa suit, loudmouth all of them. Yeah, that's how I got my ellipse wristband sometimes. Thanks for that girls. I heard that something happened in the beginning of the third leg. I got this from other sources, but I was told that their little plan of getting ellipse wristbands back at the soundboard stopped working. Security/U2 staffer wouldn’t give them anymore wristbands. Thanks for that too. So they started slipping wristbands off for their friends. Some even reused wristbands to get in. Made my tour more interesting. [/B]

I know the supposed "loudmouth" you are talking about and I can tell you for a fact that she's gone to many concerts with her hard earned cash. NOT by security. I was at some of the shows she was at. So what, she talks to the security people. It really isn't any of your business to begin with if she does. Don't go assuming that she's cheating the system or she's somehow got an "in" with security. You got a lot of nerve. :|

It's nice how people are assuming so much shit now. This seriously is pissing me off! :angry:

Last edited:
ruffian said:
I think I'm the "loudmouth" girl you're writing about. Yes, you've seen me talking with people who work with U2--I've been to lots of shows and know many of them who I count as friends now.

They would be my friends too if they got me in the Ellipse ;)

bigwali said:

They would be my friends too if they got me in the Ellipse ;)

it hasn't worked that way in the least--sorry to disappoint you, smart ass.

This is why I prefer hanging out in EYKIW----at least we all fight each other over our opinions on the music & the band...instead of each other! :huh:

Did the lottery result in less repeat faces in the ellipse? Undisputably, YES. You who think that it didn't need to get some freakin perspective. Do you know what % of total U2 fans the 'regulars on this board' that you saw at maybe the 4 or 5 shows you attended represent? LESS THAN .01%, believe me.

As for 'loudmouth girl' - Im pretty damn sure she was on the up and up. I know I personally saw her scan VERTIGO at least twice.

As for me, I definately was, well, with one exception but that's too damn bad LOL - 19 shows and only once was I slipped a wristband - am I supposed to feel bad about that? Hell no! I had all these wristbands I could have reused, had an official Tour Working Pass that I kept forgetting that could have gotten me in anywhere, knew tour staff, but always just got in the same way everyone else did - by either personally scanning or being with someone else who scanned.

I found it amusing in Portland when Bono 'interviewed' a few girls at front row centre - jesus, what do the whiners expect? They've all been to an average of 30 or more shows each, so of course their odds of being in the ellipse when you saw them there are much greater!!

:duh:

Yes they were different colors, however there were only about 4 or 5 colors in total, hence they could be reused many times, if you knew what you were doing....I never did though....in Portland I forgot mine at the hotel lobby coat check only to give myself about 15 kicks in the ass once I was inside the floor and saw the 'color of the night'

:lol:

so much for cheating the system ;)

(I couldnt cheat my way out of a wet paper bag lol)

US leg is over, any reason to keep griping about this?

I got to two shows, scanned in for one and didn't for the other. Not because I didn't want to go to more shows, mind you, or because I'm any less of a fan - but because that's all I could afford to travel to.

When you go to few shows you realize - anywhere in the building is a blessing. I was thrilled to be standing where I was standing for both of those shows, and would've been equally happy in the back of the floor.

Many, many U2 fans - most in fact - have no idea how the lottery works or even who Allison is. I would dare say there are more casual fans who were lucky to scan in and now glossy-eyed at being so close to the band than there are fanatical fans pissed off about how the lottery was handled.

U2 fans as a whole are just a reflection of society. Some people will follow the rules, some won't - some people will be happy with a great show for a fair price, and some will try to cheat the system and feel cheated themselves when they don't get their way. What are you going to do? No way is U2 going to be able to please everyone.

For the US, tour's over. It was a great tour. I loved the shows. I'll miss having the band around, and hope they're back sooner rather than later.

I'm ready for what's next.

Cheers

i know for a fact...

a couple of girls showed up in boston at 11 pm the nite before...laid down some blankets...and didn't show up again till morning....with a crew of at least 5 or 6 people.

they did it both nites.

i don't know their names ..but they have been to many shows since i recognized them.

turi001 said:
i know for a fact...

a couple of girls showed up in boston at 11 pm the nite before...laid down some blankets...and didn't show up again till morning....with a crew of at least 5 or 6 people.

they did it both nites.

i don't know their names ..but they have been to many shows since i recognized them.

and that is wrong if they did that, but in no way did them doing that take away from anyone else's chances of getting into the ellipse...

and if they did, in fact, get into the ellipse because they know someone who got them wristbands, then them doing this still did not take away from anyone else in the line's chances of getting into the ellipse.

if they really knew someone who could get them into the ellipse, they wouldn't have needed to wait in the line in the first place. trust me on that one... i know from experience.

and that is wrong if they did that, but in no way did them doing that take away from anyone else's chances of getting into the ellipse...

and if they did, in fact, get into the ellipse because they know someone who got them wristbands, then them doing this still did not take away from anyone else in the line's chances of getting into the ellipse.

if they really knew someone who could get them into the ellipse, they wouldn't have needed to wait in the line in the first place. trust me on that one... i know from experience.

its all about the rail though

first its not fair to the other people behind them that froze thier asses of in boston.

second it takes away vaulble rail space to those who did wait.

i have no idea how they get scanned and could careless...i just don't like the fact that they bud in line and come in with a bunch of people.

brook said:

I got to two shows, scanned in for one and didn't for the other. Not because I didn't want to go to more shows, mind you, or because I'm any less of a fan - but because that's all I could afford to travel to.

When you go to few shows you realize - anywhere in the building is a blessing. I was thrilled to be standing where I was standing for both of those shows, and would've been equally happy in the back of the floor.

Many, many U2 fans - most in fact - have no idea how the lottery works or even who Allison is. I would dare say there are more casual fans who were lucky to scan in and now glossy-eyed at being so close to the band than there are fanatical fans pissed off about how the lottery was handled.

U2 fans as a whole are just a reflection of society. Some people will follow the rules, some won't - some people will be happy with a great show for a fair price, and some will try to cheat the system and feel cheated themselves when they don't get their way. What are you going to do? No way is U2 going to be able to please everyone.

For the US, tour's over. It was a great tour. I loved the shows. I'll miss having the band around, and hope they're back sooner rather than later.

I'm ready for what's next.

Cheers

:up: Ah, wisdom in the madness!

brook said:

Very well said. Some people have manners, and some don't, whether they're in line at the grocery store or at a U2 show or anywhere else. 99% of the people I met this year on tour were awesome, but there's always going to be a few people who think they're more of a U2 fan/important/deserving/entitled than other fans, and that's a shame.

I made it to four shows this year, and did GA for three of them. I never made it into the ellipse. I was disappointed each time and hoped I'd get a chance next time, but I don't think it affected how good of a time I had at the show. In fact, in retrospect, I wouldn't trade my rail spot in Buffalo for anything, because Bono sang With Or Without You right in front of me.

:down: to ilovebeerandu2. "the Asian chick"? Not a very nice way to refer to someone, even if you had some sort of problem with her.

brook said:

Oh, and don't worry. With the US leg over and no new shows for a while, this place is going to dry up in a week. People will bitch and some will say great things for the next few days, but in a week, there are going to be about 6 people left talking on the boards--especially the tour one. Some will come back when the next leg starts up, many will not. And, when the tour is done entirely, we'll have a nice long quiet time. :yawn:

Last edited:
ruffian said:
I think I'm the "loudmouth" girl you're writing about. Yes, you've seen me talking with people who work with U2--I've been to lots of shows and know many of them who I count as friends now. Yes, I've gotten wristbands at the soundboard on several occasions but only once from someone I know. Many, many people are given wristbands there if there is space remaining in the ellipse and it isn't a secret. I scanned into the ellipse once out of 17 shows on the first leg, and the third leg I got in a ton, as did many other regulars I know. Really, don't invent shit about you seeing someone "slapping wristbands" on me. It's just not true. I get them at the table, just like everyone else except for the occasions I mentioned. Finally, I've paid for every single U2 ticket I've ever had. You say you don't deal in gossip but your posts are inflammatory and are based on half-truths that you have elaborated into lies. I know I shouldn't even honor your post with a response but I hate thinking that people will assume you are telling the truth. I've met so many interferencers at shows and have formed some great friendships, and it's a shame that things become so ugly and cruel now that the tour is over. Disheartening indeed.

YOU GO RUFFIAN!!!

It was amazing spending the last three shows with you! We wouldn't have wanted it any other way! :)

Lots of love to you.

Back
Top Bottom