Ellipse - Early or Late?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theoeiii

Acrobat
I was at MSG last weekend and I noticed that the floor was still pretty empty right up until about 9pm. The first probably 8 or 10 rows by the stage and outside the ellipse were full, but I was surprised to see so much room - especially inside the ellipse.

So my question is this: Do you think the chances of getting into the ellipse are better the later you go? If it's not completely full by like 8:30, they must be forced into increasing the rate of how many tickets get scanned in, no?

Maybe I'm just rationalizing. I can't get to the show tonight until probably after the whole wrist band/sequential entrance thing gets finished.

Any thoughts? Also, my girl is 5' tall. Is she going to have a bad time on the floor?

Thanks!

theoeiii said:
I was at MSG last weekend and I noticed that the floor was still pretty empty right up until about 9pm. The first probably 8 or 10 rows by the stage and outside the ellipse were full, but I was surprised to see so much room - especially inside the ellipse.

So my question is this: Do you think the chances of getting into the ellipse are better the later you go? If it's not completely full by like 8:30, they must be forced into increasing the rate of how many tickets get scanned in, no?

Maybe I'm just rationalizing. I can't get to the show tonight until probably after the whole wrist band/sequential entrance thing gets finished.

Any thoughts? Also, my girl is 5' tall. Is she going to have a bad time on the floor?

Thanks!

depends on the venue and when they stop scanning.

Philly2 stopped at 7:30 pm so no chance of me getting in.

7:30?!

Yikes. That means I gotta get there by 7 and sit through Kings of Leon. Truth is, I don't want to be hanging out in there for like 4 hours if the best I can do is outside the ellipse. Plus you can't really sit down. Maybe someone will trade me some seats for my GAs.

Thanks for the help!

you can't base any opinion on the tour on MSG... there were very few GAs available to "die-hards" who are willing to stay out on line for hours upon hours. when i walked past the GA line at 11:30 in the morning, the line had like a dozen people on it. it was rediculous. at philly 1 i got there at 8:30 and i was #91 in line. i could have shown up at MSG at 2 in the afternoon and gotten the same spot i lucked into from being there at 8:30 in philly.

I've seen cutoff at around 8:15 at 2 different venues in 2 different cities.
During KOL I've seen plenty of people in the Lobby who have won the right to be in the Ellipse but are willing to take any spot, and miss out on KOL. You have a choice. Stand in the Ellipse for 2.5 hours to protect your spot or wait in the lobby and take a further back spot. That is why the Ellipse does not fill so early..that and the VIPs don't go in until showtime.

Anyone notice groups of three still being let into the ellipse?
i heard during the first few shows if you were with three people, they would let all three in if one ticket got buzzed in, curious to see if they are still doing that as we are three for Sat. night-

Back
Top Bottom