Electric Co. vs. Gloria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FUIrish

The Fly
so they've been alternating between these two "oldies" throughout the tour.......anyone have a preference?

i saw both (electric co-philly1/gloria-nj2 & philly2) and have to say i prefer electric co. edges solo at philly1 was just plain filthy!

:rockon:

Tough call, I haven't seen Gloria in the 4 shows I've attended. Strange.

So I have to go with Electric Co. It's one of my favorite live u2 songs, so even if I heard Gloria, I'd go with the former.

You're right about Edge's guitar.

I heard Gloria at my show and I LOVED it....Adam bass solo followed by Edge guitar mini solo.....As much as I like Electric Co, Gloria is fantastic.

its really a combo that is switching in and out at this point:
The Electric Co., An Cat Dubh - Into the Heart
or
Gloria and the Ocean.

I'll take either set, but I think Id pick Electric Co and ACD/ITH. More for Into the Heart than anything

yeah EC/Gloria would be stellar. this tour has made me love the electric co. edge went off philly1. so good!!!!!!

electric co is so amazing on this tour, the guitar solo is delicious, and the miles and miles snippet at the end :drool:

i just dont feel gloria is nearly as good as it used to be, such as on the rattle and him dvd, thus its a little bit of a disappointment

and i feel electric rocks more than its ever rocked before, so it gets a :up: in my book

Definitely Electric Co for me, it's been one of my favorites for awhile now and I like the way they're doing it now even better than on old boots. I personally can't say the same for Gloria. Also especially love that snippet. :love:

Gloria is my favorite right behind SBS and Electric Co is right up there. Luckily I got to hear Electric Co 5/9 and Gloria 5/12 :drool:

how about they just play both, because the crowd at the four shows i went to died when they played an cat dubh, but adding the ocean/or into the heart would be ok. but play both electric co. and gloria, guaranteed awesomeness from the crowd, then have a nice slow into the heart or the ocean.

BWU2Buffs said:
I'd prefer EC.

That said, counting down "2-3-4" to kick off Gloria @ Denver 2 was a total kick in the arse.

you got that right! I went to that second show JUST to hear Gloria, the Ocean and Bad.

I've always liked Gloria a lot -- particularly the Red Rocks version. That said, the band is ON FIRE with Electric Co. this tour.

I've only heard one boot of Gloria from the Vertigo tour and in my opinion it is lacking a bit in energy, but the performances I've seen of Electric Co. -- most notably the L.A. Rehearsal perf. which was insanely tight -- have been OUTSTANDING! Fucking Edge is KILLING IT on Electric Co. right now! : obligatory drool: :love:

pub crawler said:
I've always liked Gloria a lot -- particularly the Red Rocks version. That said, the band is ON FIRE with Electric Co. this tour.

I've only heard one boot of Gloria from the Vertigo tour and in my opinion it is lacking a bit in energy, but the performances I've seen of Electric Co. -- most notably the L.A. Rehearsal perf. which was insanely tight -- have been OUTSTANDING! Fucking Edge is KILLING IT on Electric Co. right now! : obligatory drool: :love:

M8 - I remember the look on your face when the Boy set started.

martha said:
Gloria.

When I finally heard it in Phoenix, I was unable to breathe.

I remember rubbing your back to get some oxygen back into your lungs.

The Electric Co. :drool: . I wish they could play the whole Boy album straight through. That would make my life.

I LOVE Gloria and was thrilled to hear it at Seattle 2. That said, I was surprised at how much ass Electric Co is kicking on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom