eddie vedder & u2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Go Eddie!

As a PJ fan (who had tickets to Tuesday's show but had to go on a biz trip!), I was so pumped to see Eddie play last night! It was a U2 fan/PJ dream come true!!

Not to sound ignorant, but where is the "Old Man River" snippet from?

Re: Go Eddie!

UltravioletU2 said:
As a PJ fan (who had tickets to Tuesday's show but had to go on a biz trip!), I was so pumped to see Eddie play last night! It was a U2 fan/PJ dream come true!!

Not to sound ignorant, but where is the "Old Man River" snippet from?

It's from the ancient Broadway musical, Showboat, about life on a Mississippi gambling boat. (A nod to the Katrina victims, no doubt)
And sadly, Eddie was in poor voice last night. In fact, he sounded as if he'd never heard the song before.

since Eddie Vedder performed last night with U2, does that mean that Pearl Jam will release the show as a bootleg on their website? ;)

Re: Re: Go Eddie!

biff said:

It's from the ancient Broadway musical, Showboat, about life on a Mississippi gambling boat. (A nod to the Katrina victims, no doubt)
And sadly, Eddie was in poor voice last night. In fact, he sounded as if he'd never heard the song before.

Actually, a friend of mine near the soundboard (incidentally a HUGE Pearl Jam fan who watched it along with most PJ members) said that Eddie was given the piece of paper with the lyrics by Paul McGuinness and he stood there for a few mins. trying to memorize the words...

I was 2nd row in the ellipse so I got a couple good shots I'll post manana.

Re: Re: Re: Go Eddie!

ladywithspinninghead said:

Actually, a friend of mine near the soundboard (incidentally a HUGE Pearl Jam fan who watched it along with most PJ members) said that Eddie was given the piece of paper with the lyrics by Paul McGuinness and he stood there for a few mins. trying to memorize the words...

I was 2nd row in the ellipse so I got a couple good shots I'll post manana.

I can't wait till tomorrow to see the pictures:)

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

And here I thought my U2 week in Toronto couldn't get any better...out walks EV...I jumped and screamed so hard my battery fell out of my camera!! :ohmy:

By the time I got it back together, my hands were shaking too much to get a good shot so I just savoured the moment.

OMG

Then out they stroll out for the encore a few minutes later with Pop Musik all over the place...OMFG

What a night!!!!

4 U2 shows capped off with Pearl Jam tomorrow night for dessert...I hope Bono will be the cherry on top hehehe

There are from flickr or u2tours (sorry I don't remember who took the photos :reject: ).

5b46cc20.jpg

860abcd5.jpg

it was so amazing...what a show. it got better and better and better as the night went on. i am still thinking about it! and vedder sounded great...

Re: Re: Go Eddie!

biff said:

you should hear my *dad* sing this song! :lol:

:wink:

Speaking of Vedder and U2 - The DJ here in L.A. said on the radio that perhaps U2 members may show up for the Pearl Jam show tonight, wherever they are playing. Just a rumor, but who knows :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom