eBay Protest | Your efforts are needed... Please read this thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cmb737 said:

Well, in my humble opinion, you actually started this thread as an attempt to pseudo-boycott Ebay and it's users through various means. The focus seems to have shifted.

I don't claim to know everything there is to know about Ticketmaster, but after being a corporate employee there and understanding what really goes into delivering tickets to millions, I have a different perspective. Ticketmaster is in bed with no one, and it is counterproductive and futile to insist that they are. It is like claiming there are wmd's in Iraq after 2 years of no evidence.

In closing, I won't post here again because the point has been made loud and clear that most U2 fans look at Ebay as a necessary and viable resource for obtaining tickets that regardless of the existence of Ebay or not, are still damn hard to get.

To summarize, I think most of us aren't interested in fighting Ebay. Scalping happens, and will continue to happen. It is the bands responsibility to put procedures in place (like they did after the 1st presale debacle which I took part in) like Ticketmaster personally calling me and offering me GA's for opening night. Find another band that does that.

Good day to you sir.

Like I said cmb, we'll have to agree to disagree. My boycott was against the ticket policy on eBay and the seller/brokers that take advantage of it. It was nothing more than that. Please do not mischaracterize my protest as a general protest against ebay, it obviously was only in regard to the U2 ticketing issues faced this tour. And I have repeatedly stated that I use ebay myself and actually have 106 positive feedbacks, so I can attest to the value of it.

I got my 4 GA's this morning for Buffalo so I'm a happy camper and will gladly put this thread to rest. Wanna buy a ticket? I've got a really good deal for you...

Good day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom