East Rutherford Setlist Party Thread II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm talking to you in 2 threads, Chizip, wow!...gonna stay here. I had good seats, but she was closer, at least when Bono came to the tip of the ellipse....if he was in pain, I really could not tell. He had a lot of energy tonight, or so it seemed.

ah well thats good then, barbara also said the crowd was really into it, she said the ellipse crowd was really rocking tonight

I'm back from the stuff I had to do - and Vertigo was played again!! Wow! So, of course, I'd like to do the usual request of anyone who's been to the show (i.e. NSW if you don't mind): could you please check the set on http://www.u2-vertigo-tour.com and tell me if it's accurate and add any further snippets? Thank you! :)

Surprised there was no New Year's Day again ...

She's right, they were, I could see her from my vantage point....and everyone around her, and in the ellipse, were really really into it. I had a lot of die-hards near me, so, when Electric Co and An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart was played, they reacted well, as opposed to with confusion.

Axver, that looks right, but, my memory cannot be relied upon right now....am so jazzed up and tired all at once....but, yes, no NYD, again.....but OOTS was in, and, it looked like it was not planned.

Flyyourkite, I'd not call it a verdict. Ruffian says he looked in pain, I did not notice...but she got closer views of him than I did, so she might be right. Even if it was giving him problems, it did not stop him from putting in a lot of effort, he was visibly into the show.

Seemed fine to me, but, I'm clearly no expert. I hear him live, then listen to a boot from the same show, and hear things I did not notice at the time. I might be too......blissful....at shows to notice anything but major faux pas and such.

I'm useless, that's slowly dawning on me. Shit.

No spoken words said:
Axver, that looks right, but, my memory cannot be relied upon right now....am so jazzed up and tired all at once....but, yes, no NYD, again.....but OOTS was in, and, it looked like it was not planned.

Heh, understandable! Though, do you remember any Stories For Boys, or if Send In The Clowns was in Electric Co.? Those are the two I'm mainly wondering about, hopefully the mention jogs your memory? Oh, and No Regrets in SYCMIOYO.

It seems they've been doing OOTS unplanned a lot. It seems Bono loves that song, and they get a real kick out of Vertigo.

haha, well im glad ya had a good time

not everyone can go to every show, like ruffian does, and notice every little thing different

god you guys, i have finals tomorrow, its 1 am, and here i am lurking on this website, reading all 42 pages of the combined setlist party that i didnt even take part in. thanks a lot, now im gonna fail geometry and science. great:|

:wink:

VertigoGal said:
god you guys, i have finals tomorrow, its 1 am, and here i am lurking on this website, reading all 42 pages of the combined setlist party that i didnt even take part in. thanks a lot, now im gonna fail geometry and science. great:|

:shame:

No Stories for Boys, tonight. But, I believe it was for Vertigo 1, there was a snippet from Smashing Pumpkins..."Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"....where Stories for Boys snippet would have been. Also, do not recall hearing Send in the Clowns, but I can see for miles was in there at the end. The Pumpkins snippet was in there tonight for sure, am just trying to recall if it was for Vertigo or Electric Co.

VertigoGal said:

Bono treasures science, make sure you only fail Geometry. Hey, you'll be an expert on Ellipse questions, at least.

No spoken words said:
No Stories for Boys, tonight. But, I believe it was for Vertigo 1, there was a snippet from Smashing Pumpkins..."Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage"....where Stories for Boys snippet would have been. Also, do not recall hearing Send in the Clowns, but I can see for miles was in there at the end. The Pumpkins snippet was in there tonight for sure, am just trying to recall if it was for Vertigo or Electric Co.

Oh, Bono's still doing that? Cool. If I were to take a guess, I'd imagine it's in Electric Co., as that's where it was during the Chicago shows, in place of Send In The Clowns.

Axver said:

Oh, Bono's still doing that? Cool. If I were to take a guess, I'd imagine it's in Electric Co., as that's where it was during the Chicago shows, in place of Send In The Clowns.

You are probably right. It's a fucking blur, sorry.

No spoken words said:

awesome!! :up: :up: :up:

i love Bono's snippets. really shows how much music he knows

The snippets are absolutely awesome! Often in my opinion anyway they sound better thrown into U2's songs than in the originals! I especially love Norwegian Wood, Ruby Tuesday, Johnny and Stories for Boys :rockon:

FlyYourKite said:
The snippets are absolutely awesome! Often in my opinion anyway they sound better thrown into U2's songs than in the originals! I especially love Norwegian Wood, Ruby Tuesday, Johnny and Stories for Boys :rockon:

Amen, especially with Norwegian Wood...

No spoken words said:

You are probably right. It's a fucking blur, sorry.

There's a reason I'm taking a pen and paper to the Boston shows - so that I have a record! I'm going to put Bullet With Butterfly Wings into Electric Co., and if it is actually in Vertigo, I can easily change it.

Alright, as they say in Yiddish, time to Gey Shluffen.

If anyone wants to have me call in the set list to them tomorrow....send me a PM by 3pmET tomorrow, and I'll serve as the source.

Night all....

Well troops, I think I'm gonna call it a night. I'm gonna fall asleep on my keyboard if I don't! Glad to hear those who were there enjoyed tonight's concert. And nice to meet you Chip.

Ok seriously shutting up now...:wink:

Chizip said:
especially stories for boys

the original version of that song sucks

Every song by 2U sucks, but Stories For Boys has to be the lowest point of the Girl album. I nearly vomited when I heard Bono sung some of it, but he makes it sound really good!

No spoken words said:

Bono treasures science, make sure you only fail Geometry. Hey, you'll be an expert on Ellipse questions, at least.

i thought it was edge who was a man of science? lol...um, no, i wont be an expert on ellipses at all, but god knows if theres a question on there about the causes of Nosebleeds ill have no problem answering it!

geometry isnt so terrible except i dont have a teacher. oh, and now i hate triangles. everytime i see a triangle, i want to stab it repeatedly with the steak knife. cant wait for trig!

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom