East Rutherford II Setlist Party Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone :wave:

What a show. First, I have to thank No Spoken Words for getting me a GA at the 11th hour. This was my first show to be ticketless (after waiting in the GA line and trying all day to score a ticket) and it was anxiety provoking, to say the least. He called my cell at something like 6:30 or 6:45 and said he and his friend turned out to have an extra...:bow: Thank you so much, Mike. :heart:

I'd never been at the back of the floor, and as Mike said, it was nice to be able to leave to go to the bathroom (or pee on Sammy Hagar, as you've suggested) and to be able to dance maniacally. The view would've been better if I were a foot taller, but all in all it was interesting and I was just so grateful to get on the floor.

Mike, the guy behind us who I said looked familiar? It was Calvin Klein. Funny that the VIPs were further away than we were...

Given that Bono looked like crap the day before and was clearly moving slowly (his back was huring) and had to whisper because of a sore throat, I'm amazed that NJ 1 was an excellent show and that NJ 2 was explosive. There are new graphics for The Fly that are amazing and the whole Zoo/Fly/MW thing is awesome!!!

I've had a cold since Seattle and I'm having to spend the day in a Jersey hotel cuddled up with gatorade and kleenex so I can be ready for Philly. Small chance I may head up to MSG if a friend scores tickets, but probably unlikely.

Diane L, so great to meet you!!!! Had I not been crazily trying to get a ticket we could have chatted longer. Love your observations about the show...and man is Adam looking great!

Axver, I'm on sabbatical from teaching for a semester, so I still get paid but don't have to teach--so I decided to go to a bunch of concerts. There has never been another time in my life when I could have done this, and sabbatical only comes once every 7 years so I had to take advantage :wink:

edited to add that I did indeed Cry Like a Girl during Bad...oh man it was just so, so beautiful. That makes 2 interference guys I've stood next to and bawled during that song :reject:

ruffian said:

I've had a cold since Seattle and I'm having to spend the day in a Jersey hotel cuddled up with gatorade and kleenex so I can be ready for Philly. Small chance I may head up to MSG if a friend scores tickets, but probably unlikely.

You still have a cold? :hug:

Is there a walk-in clinic nearby? It might be time for some anti-biotics - that's the only thing that knocked my cold out :reject:

Are you going to try for Boston ruff? :)

Ruffian - you are a very lucky woman. I'm envious of you! I hope you feel better soon. You might need one of those zithro packs (antibiotics you take for 5 days). Maybe if you have a doctor back home - he/she can call it in for you? Dunno, grasping at straws for you. Glad you got to meet fellow interferencers and make the show last night :applaud: Hope Sammy Hagar wasn't too offended :giggle:

kellyahern said:

You still have a cold? :hug:

Is there a walk-in clinic nearby? It might be time for some anti-biotics - that's the only thing that knocked my cold out :reject:

Are you going to try for Boston ruff? :)

hey Kelly! :wave: yes, it's just not letting go. I think the Chicago weather and the combined filth/exhaustion/cold/heat of the GA experience have finally caught up with me. I'm considering having my doctor call in some antibiotics...can't do Boston :sad: I leave the country next weekend and just have too much to do to get ready. Are you going? If so have fun!

Hi Lila! :wave: I miss posting here--good to see the kind and gentle setlist threads are thriving :wink:

Diane L said:

It's a Joisey thing, what can I tell ya!

Seriously, the traffic can get pretty horrific leaving the Meadowlands. Complicating matters was that the Continental Arena is redoing much of its parking space, which meant we had to park near the football stadium and either take a shuttle bus or walk through a rather long pedestrian sky bridge over a couple of roads. There was a big bottleneck after the show to get into the bridge. Once out of it, though, many of the people parked around me (by the football stadium) had already left, and I had an amazingly easy time getting out of the complex.

Man, it took me 45 minutes to get through that tunnel to get to my car. But I was on such I high, I didn't care. :wink:

Mark Freedman said:

Man, it took me 45 minutes to get through that tunnel to get to my car. But I was on such I high, I didn't care. :wink:

that was freakin hell, worse than the actual car traffic...people walking traffic.

I parked right near an exit in the arena lot, not the Stadium lot like I did the night before, so was out of the complex quickly.

Hit a little bridge traffic on my way back to The Bronx, but it was mild.

I have to admit that NY/NJ drivers are fucking insane, but, I like the challenge, and I was trained to drive here, so, I can shift into NY Driver mode easily. :)

By the way, WHAT A FUCKING SHOW, did I mention that last night?

I did?

Then I just said it again, it was worth repeating.

Sooooo looking forward to Saturday.

My review, for what it's worth:

BEST SHOW EVER!

I'm serious. This was definitely the best out of the 5 times I've seen them since ZooTV.

And hot, hot, hot, hot is right -- both literally and figuratively.

I was completely physically and emotionally drained (a lot of "lys" in this review) even before the encores. And to end it like they did was the topper. I'm surprised at a couple of the reviews here. Yahweh was amazing, and ISHFWILF with the Bank Robbers was hilarious and surreal!

I figured they'd play Bad, since they've sort of followed the pattern of playing it the second night in each city since they started playing it this tour, but when it got close to the end, there's no way I expected it any longer -- especially after the frenetic ISHF thing (wow - double speed was amazing). There was no way I expected them to close the show with it again, since Chicago 4 was the scrambled setlist, so I thought that was the exception. But when the first notes started playing, it took the show over the top for me. Awesome closer -- even better than "40", IMO.

The crowd was amazing, even the guy who stood next to me who was obviously on something all night, and was flying like a kite.

U2 definitely are an inspiration to us 40 somethings ;)

Mark Freedman said:
My review, for what it's worth:

BEST SHOW EVER!

I'm serious. This was definitely the best out of the 5 times I've seen them since ZooTV.

And hot, hot, hot, hot is right -- both literally and figuratively.

I was completely physically and emotionally drained (a lot of "lys" in this review) even before the encores. And to end it like they did was the topper. I'm surprised at a couple of the reviews here. Yahweh was amazing, and ISHFWILF with the Bank Robbers was hilarious and surreal!

I figured they'd play Bad, since they've sort of followed the pattern of playing it the second night in each city since they started playing it this tour, but when it got close to the end, there's no way I expected it any longer -- especially after the frenetic ISHF thing (wow - double speed was amazing). There was no way I expected them to close the show with it again, since Chicago 4 was the scrambled setlist, so I thought that was the exception. But when the first notes started playing, it took the show over the top for me. Awesome closer -- even better than "40", IMO.

The crowd was amazing, even the guy who stood next to me who was obviously on something all night, and was flying like a kite.

U2 definitely are an inspiration to us 40 somethings ;)

Ditto for me regarding most of what you said. I do not know if this was the best show ever for me, but, it sure as hell is up there. Let's put it like this...I will never forget this show, and, it's hard to recall each and every show when you've seen them over 30 times in your life...and climbing.

I hope it is not blasphemy to say this, and I am a long time fan and saw 40 close for U2 before...but....man, Bad as a closer is simply sublime and I do not think they could make a better choice. I cannot even come close to describing how that song makes me feel.

U2 are an inspiration for us 30 somethings. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom