Earthquake in Hawaii...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

u2wedge

New Yorker
6.0+ earthquake on Big Island... wiped out power on Oahu and Maui... stay tuned...

Last edited:
I didn't think you were serious until I saw it on Yahoo :ohmy:

HONOLULU - An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.3 struck Hawaii early Sunday morning, waking up residents and knocking out power.

The U.S. Geological Survey also reported several aftershocks, including one measuring a magnitude of 5.8. No damage reports were immediately available.

The quake occurred at 7:07 a.m. local time, 10 miles north-northwest of Kailua Kona, a town on the west coast of the Big Island, said Don Blakeman, a geophysicist at the National Earthquake Information Center, part of the U.S. Geological Survey.

Blakeman said researchers were still trying to ascertain how many aftershocks struck and how large.

Blakeman said there was no risk of a Pacific-wide tsunami, but a possibility of significant wave activity in Hawaii.

The quake occurred about 155 miles to the southeast of Honolulu, the state capital, in Oahu.

I was watching CNN, and saw that the epicenter was on the big island (Hawaii) ... Honolulu is on Oahu, a couple of islands away. I'm sure they felt it, but hopefully the damage wasn't as extensive.

This really has nothing to do with the U2 tour...so I'm going to close this thread. Yes, I realize U2 is going to be playing Hawaii, but beyond that, this has nothing to do with the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom