DUBLIN PRE-SALE- Who's waiting??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've done both, but it was at the RDS in Dublin in 1993. Mind you I've been to 81 shows over the course of almost 20 years of which, many were in GA. I'm a big, strong girl of hearty Scandinavian, Irish and German stock -- no shrinking violet.

That said: The Dublin GA swarm during the show was the most vicious crush I've ever been involved in!

After experiencing Dublin GA on night 1, I deliberately swapped my night 2 GA for a seated ticket so I could enjoy the show more.

If you can get right along a railing, there are diagonal braces on the inside of the railing (the part that faces the band) that you can hold onto and try to keep from being moved en masse with the crowd swell, but if you've nothing to hold onto -- you're going to be miserable.

I went to 11 UK shows in a row that summer, from Aug 7 in Glasgow thru Aug 28 in Dublin -- all GAs (except that last night in Dublin) and nowhere from Wales to London to Cork did I see as high of a number of people pass out and have to be taken out of the crowd.

My advice for Dublin: SAVE YOURSELF! GET A SEATED TICKET! LOL

Another consideration -- if you're going to Dublin for the show (i.e. you're from somewhere else) you'll also appreciate being able to enjoy your day in town, rather than queued up beside a brick wall all day instead.

Last edited:
@project dublin

are you getting 4 tickets?
im looking for dublin tickets

when is the public sale and who will be
selling the tickets online?

cheers BB Mac

@project dublin

are you getting 4 tickets?
im looking for dublin tickets

when is the public sale and who will be
selling the tickets online?

cheers BB Mac

BB Mac, Pre-sale is tomorrow (Monday 31st,10am), and general sale is on Friday 4th Feb, but not sure on time. Probably 9am.

Im hoping a friend of mine whos saved her code will be able to get some tickets.

I think its going to be very very hard to get any though :(

Good luck to everyone!

I know I've put this request somewhere else, but will one kind person be interested in purchasing two additional GA's for Dublin, in return for me supplying you with two Cardiff GA's?

Know it's not a long shot, but, hey I'm desperate :wink:

Im gonna be giving the presale a shot tommorrow. Not sure yet whether im gonna try for seating or standing though. Hopefully some of the shit that happened to people in the first presale will not happen... :eyebrow:

Hi,

I'm from Croatia and I'm planing on going to Croke gig, but first I have to get tickets and that will be a little bit hard...

is there someone who can help me get 4 tickets - GA or any other? In return I'm buying dinner for him/her and a companion :) :)

Back
Top Bottom