Dublin 2 Setlist Party Part ll

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
uwwedoogie said:

im 17... love U2, saw them last night, been a fan for 14 years please don't discriminate us... some of us "16 year olds" aren't stupid dumbasses...

youve been a fan since you were 3??

If Croke Park was being filmed, we would know. I doubt it too, since they released Slane the last time. We won't get a Dublin x 2.

beau2ifulday said:

Sami, if I get tickets, we could meet and queue if you want (if you can't convince any of your, erm, Lindsay-loving friends in the meantime :giggle: )
I'm 17, so we're around the same age :up:

thanks:hug: but the problem with that is, while I definitely would, my parents wouldnt let me meet up with someone who I don't really know, which is totally understandable from their point of view

Vertigo
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One

Zoo Station

i swear, dublin is completely insane this weekend
every pub you go in is playing U2

I just went on the literary pub crawl, and everyone else there had either been last night or was going tomorrow. and that includes even random old people :up:

it's really cool :up:

Leetah said:

Well, you can gladly say that you have better taste in music, then! Lindsay Lohan...:crazy: And really none of your friends like U2?:sad: My friends aren't fans either but yes, they do want to go with me. I'm lucky!

well, some of my friends like them as in "hey, those are the guys that sing Vertigo!" but none of them like them enough to wait in line all day with me and not have seats at the show (I told them they were crazy to want to sit down at a concert anyway!)

sami0201 said:

thanks:hug: but the problem with that is, while I definitely would, my parents wouldnt let me meet up with someone who I don't really know, which is totally understandable from their point of view

np - my parents are the same too.

I say things like that now too, but i'm sure if it came down to it, i'd be too reluctant to meet anyone from the internet

:reject:

even interferencers

bammo2 said:

I just went on the literary pub crawl, and everyone else there had either been last night or was going tomorrow. and that includes even random old people :up:

That sounds so cool. I would kill to be there.

u2girlcj, that pasta and pitnol picture, is so funny! Could someone move it to this thread? My smilies aren't working.

mo786 said:
theres more chance of Vertigo 3 than Crumbs.. trust me!

UTEOTW and Bad though I bet (the only 2 other U2 songs I wnat to see live (that can realistically be expected)

Crumbs for Live 8 and any shows after that.

I thought there might be a chance they would play Crumbs at least once before Live 8, just to try it out before an audience... to make it perfect for Live 8... just thoughts.... and wishful thinking :wink:

sami0201 said:

well, some of my friends like them as in "hey, those are the guys that sing Vertigo!" but none of them like them enough to wait in line all day with me and not have seats at the show (I told them they were crazy to want to sit down at a concert anyway!)

haha, this is why i'm glad that I started working on making my friend Kerri like them so many years ago - we're as fanatical as each other. None of my other friends care for them at all.

So, I was just over at U2log reading the comments in the "What's Irish for 14, Larry?" story and I see that Paul McG was on the Irish news saying they are concidering outdoor shows for the US for next year.
Any thoughts on this? I don't know that this would work too well in a city like Atlanta, especially since we don't really have an outdoor stadium (except Turner Field -never seen a show there) and the Ga. Dome sucks soooo bad for sound.

beau2ifulday said:

np - my parents are the same too.

I say things like that now too, but i'm sure if it came down to it, i'd be too reluctant to meet anyone from the internet

:reject:

even interferencers

same here:reject: but if I recognized someone from seeing their picture on here or something, I would probably go up and say hi. How old are you?

bammo2 said:

that's awesome - so cool that the atmosphere is soaked up like that, even if people aren't at the concerts themselves.
I can't think of any other abnd in the world who would get that kind of 'reception' in their hometown :up:

Dublin rocks, for sure.

U2dork said:
So, I was just over at U2log reading the comments in the "What's Irish for 14, Larry?" story and I see that Paul McG was on the Irish news saying they are concidering outdoor shows for the US for next year.
Any thoughts on this? I don't know that this would work too well in a city like Atlanta, especially since we don't really have an outdoor stadium (except Turner Field -never seen a show there) and the Ga. Dome sucks soooo bad for sound.

:eyebrow: :ohmy:

sami0201 said:

Yeah, for me it is GA or nothing anyway for the Amsterdam shows..I told my friends how great the mood is in line and I tell you, I'm still suprised every day that they agreed in lining up the day before the show! :ohmy:

U2dork said:

I can't remember the last time there was a stadium show near us (might have been Popmart actually :reject: ). Maybe they would do it like the Stones, a few stadiums in major cities :scratch: Like New York?

beau2ifulday said:

haha, this is why i'm glad that I started working on making my friend Kerri like them so many years ago - we're as fanatical as each other. None of my other friends care for them at all.

:lol: that's why I spend so much time on here, everyone here "gets it". you are lucky you have a friend who you can talk to about U2! the only person who will listen to my constant talking about them is my mom, who could probably recite anything about any band member or any song by heart. gotta love her! :hug:

1stOne said:

How old VIP?

let's put it this way...I could have been the father of a 15 your old girl..had I been able to get some at the age anyway :wink:

30........:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

U2dork said:

still I would :heart: seeing a big old u2 stadium show again

sigh - there goes an idea of saving money next year :wink:

Vertigo
Out Of Control
The Electric Co.
Elevation
New Year's Day
Beautiful Day
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
All I Want Is You
City Of Blinding Lights
Miracle Drug