Dublin 1 Setlist Partey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LJT said:
ok local paper pissed me off already...

'In 97 they released Pop, a poor, lazy album that took their 90s love of irony and knowing winks too far'
:madspit:

I sometimes think U2 invite that sort of press though. They make no secret of what they think of 'Pop' :shrug:

Never got that, personally. I like the album alot :up:

1stOne said:

Throw stones??? I would love to visit Australia. Lucky you I say. Want to swap?

Hell Yes! If you wan't to live with the convicts it's you're choice! :hyper: You buy the tickets! I'm ready to go.

I'm a Kiwi anyway. So I'm looking foward to smoking Britain & Ireland tonight in probably the most significant game in NZ Rugby history since the 1999 World Cup :hyper:

But first, the concert.

U2 manager Paul McGuinness said the band were apprehensive but very confident about playing in their home city."Playing Dublin is always extra excitement, extra pressure,” he said. “It’s great to be playing this magnificent stadium,” he added.
The band’s manager said around half the songs U2 played would come from their last two albums while the rest would be the “classics”, with the play-list changing every night.

...play-list changing every night....
Let's wait and see....

beau2ifulday said:

I sometimes think U2 invite that sort of press though. They make no secret of what they think of 'Pop' :shrug:

Never got that, personally. I like the album alot :up:

yeh but they have never said it was poor or lazy...they have said they were unhappy with it but think it has great songs on it.....and imagine most people just base their views of Pop on word of mouth...i have a friend who doesn't know that much about U2 at all but automatically says 'Pop was their worst album'...of course he really loves MatchBox 20 and Rob Thomas who are soo much better:|

timothius said:

Hell Yes! If you wan't to live with the convicts it's you're choice! :hyper: You buy the tickets! I'm ready to go.

I'm a Kiwi anyway. So I'm looking foward to smoking Britain & Ireland tonight in probably the most significant game in NZ Rugby history since the 1999 World Cup :hyper:

But first, the concert.

You live with the convicts? You can't be that bad being a U2 fan.

wtonis said:

The band’s manager said around half the songs U2 played would come from their last two albums while the rest would be the “classics”, with the play-list changing every night.

...play-list changing every night....
Let's wait and see....

Vertigo X3!!!??? :hyper:

I can only pray! :rockon:

1stOne said:

You live with the convicts? You can't be that bad being a U2 fan.

Convicts as in Australian (re:there heritage of coming from the underbelly of English & Irish society). I'm yet to be arrested, which is something I would like to keep intact. :wink:

I watched the Boston Elevation show last night on my computer....what a job they do on Gone...that truly is a great song from Pop:drool:

timothius said:

Convicts as in Australian (re:there heritage of coming from the underbelly of English & Irish society). I'm yet to be arrested, which is something I would like to keep intact. :wink:

The Brits sent a lot of good Irish over as well...you may come from good stock:wink:

beau2ifulday said:

self-employment does have its benefits, but I feel extremely guilty for not working when I should be. I'm trying to get as much done in the next 15 minutes as possible :hyper:

:wink:

Whats the deal with rugby? it seems stupid.

People in north America like me, have no respect for rugby.

Its all about the basketball.

angelordevil said:
I watched the Boston Elevation show last night on my computer....what a job they do on Gone...that truly is a great song from Pop:drool:

There are definately some gems on POP...
I remember I brought a friend of mine (no U2 fan, but he knows most of their hits) to Arnhem 1 four years ago..
He was blown away by Gone... He thought it was a killer...

timothius said:

better watch your driving!
chase.gif

:giggle:

thetitans2k said:

Rugby is an improved version of the so-called American football..

:up:

wtonis said:

There are definately some gems on POP...
I remember I brought a friend of mine (no U2 fan, but he knows most of their hits) to Arnhem 1 four years ago..
He was blown away by Gone... He thought it was a killer...

I always thought it was the strongest song on the album - given how many singles they released from Pop, it baffles me why they never released that one.

timothius said:

Behave yourself then and stop talking about boring rugby.

thetitans2k said:

I have respect for rugby. I think it's fun to watch! I like basketball too:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom