Drunk and on the floor!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll never forget leaving my first ever U2 concert in 1989. I went all the way to Australia for Love Town, and after the concert while waiting in queue for a taxi, the guy in front of me was so :drunk: that he had to have help getting in the back of the taxi
and he was singing Deeeesiiiiiiirrreee, Deeeesiiiiirrreee :drunk:
.... mind you Desire was the 3rd song of the night. :| So I was glad that I hadn't gotten smashed and had memories of the WHOLE night. :wink:

Whoa people!

I'm not talkin' about being completely shitfaced here.

I'm talkin' having a few before, during and usually after, the show. Not so many where you won't remember the show and have to join AA!

More of a 'out with your friends/jolly' buzz...

:wink:

BTW The lady in front of me peed her pants and passed out before U2 ever came on at Popmart in Chicago. :ohmy:

suuuure, "the lady in front of you"...

we all know it was you, you can admit it beatlesboy

I'll be on the floor on 4/2, there's a cool restaurant/bar across from the pond and I'd rather have some drinks before the show than spend all day in line for a good floor spot. I'll probably stay away from beer and stick to martini's or jack/coke, beer is not a good floor drink...you'll miss the show.

I remember at Detroit Elevation there was a guy a few rows to the right of us who was completely smashed and he was stumbling over seats and passed out before the OPENING ACT came on. :rolleyes:

I rpobably won't drink during any of my U2 shows (have GA for all 5), but if anyone sees me the night before or after the show I'll have a drink or two (or three or four) in my hand. :sexywink:

Last edited:
There was an obnoxious guy right next to us one one of the shows on last tour who deserved to be slapped.

Thankfully in Toronto, booze is not allowed on the floor during GA shows, so some of this is limited.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm gonna hold back on the boozing durring my two GA stops... don't wanna have to go take a leak every 5 minutes and lose my spot

That's why I wouldn't want to drink either...because I'd have to leave to pee all the time. Forget that!

When my parents and I saw The Rolling Stones, this guy by us was downing beer after beer during the opening act. By the time The Stones took the stage, the guy was passed out...and he stayed passed out the entire show. The seats in that area were around $200 I think too! :lol: :drunk:

I bet he was ticked once he woke up!

Last edited:
I think we need to start a new thread containing U2 concert drunk stories; either stories of yourself or just some derelicts you encounter at the show. Amusing stuff indeed.:wink:

I won't drink at the US shows I'm going to.
But I am going to two shows in Amsterdam so I think one show I'll have a meal made with magic mushrooms and wash it down with some "coffee" from my fav. coffeeshop:combust:

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
I never drink at concerts. I don't want to pee all the time and don't want to run the chance of ruining a concert that I was meant to remember and enjoy.

Me either. Don't drink at them and I don't pee at them either. I'm there to see a show, and damn it that's what I'm gonna do! :wink:

Originally posted by anitram
There was an obnoxious guy right next to us one one of the shows on last tour who deserved to be slapped.

Thankfully in Toronto, booze is not allowed on the floor during GA shows, so some of this is limited.

Oh, I hate those people. I tend to wear steel toed boots and I'm willing to use my knees and elbows to move the really obnoxious people out of my way. I imagine a few people wonder why they are so bruised the next day.... :evil:

At a stones concert we got there and I was really drunk so b4 the opening act I went to the bathroom. I guess when I was done I changed my mind about leaving because about an hour later (B4 the Stones came on Thank God) my friends came to find me and there I was, pants done up, hands washed..I was still holding the paper towel and using it as a pillow, sitting up in one of the stalls sound asleep! Now I wait till more duing the show to drink!

The only time I did GA was a very miserable experience because of the all the drunk people. I like to drink as much as the next person but these people were rude, pushy and to top it off spilled beer all over the people I was with. It was the only time in my life I actually left a U2 concert before the last song was over. The other people near us spend the whole time standing in a circle talking during the whole show. Why someone would want to pay $50 to stand around and talk is beyond me. ?

I will have a some pre-mixed jack and cokes while waiting in the ga line all day, but I wont pay $7 for a beer inside.

Back
Top Bottom