Does this presale code work ONLY once ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shutdown

The Fly
Does anyone know if it was ever stated that this presale code works only for the 1st and 2nd leg or if it also works for the 3rd leg ?

If so, and it is used on the 1st or 2nd leg, will we not be able to use it on the 3rd leg ?

Sorry if this has been covered, but I don't think I've seen anything "official"

mine did, TM gives me a message that "this code has already been used to purchase tickets, and is no longer valid." I deleted all the cookies, and it still does it. Some people are apparently lucky and TM doesn't do that for them.

So as far as using that code, if you haven't used it, you can probably use it whenever there is a presale.

We can purchase 4 outdoor tickets and 2 indoor tickets, so I guess you can use the code to purchase Europe tickets also besides your 2 here.

Last edited:
for the US it won't work, I already got presale tix, but every time i tried an experiment to get through in europe it worked.

Even if you got through and ordered tickets a second time with your code, there's still a chance you order could get cancelled if Ticketmaster (or whatever foreign agencies) sees that the same code was used again. The same thing happens when you exceed ticket limits for a single address, name or credit card--the order may go through, you may even get a confirmation number, but Ticketmaster can cancel the order at any time and you won't get any of your tickets.

wait. i thought that that code could be used once and only once. either for europe OR US. if that were the case, croke, twickenham and every other european venue would have been swallowed up by users from both sides of the pond. and european users would have swamped our venues.

it is supposedly two different companies, one for the us, (ticketmaster/ticketb*stard) and one for Europe. No one knows if their systems are coordinated to see which coeds have been used. It is also unspecified whether all yur tickets get taken away if you get "caught" using the code more than once. Its a big risk to take.

I just figured that with the Elevation Tour Propaganda sent out ticket order sheets for the 1st leg in the US and then when the 2nd trip through the US came about, they sent out new order forms. I would think if it were like that, they'd give out different codes once the 3rd leg rolls around. But then again, the Propaganda ticket process kicks the U2.com process all over the place.

by the way, we may be opening up pandora's box by hinting at this. this could be a bigger outrage than the people getting screwed by the initial pre sale last week.

There are many people who have purchased tickets in both the US and Europe. The codes definately work for both. The question is whether or not 30 or 60 days from now U2.com asks for an accounting of the codes used in the presales. I have gotten to the point of actually picking seats in both Madrid and Nice (just for kicks) but have not actually made any purchase.

Many people here have said that going through the trouble of all this cross checking is just not in the cards. Considering how disorganized the whole thing has been why would u2.com all of sudden get so organized.. Maybe it's just not feasible, but the bottom line its a gamble.

I am dying to buy tickets in the Barcelona presale since I am actually planning to go to that show, but I probably won't. I think I'll just get up early the day of the regular sale and buy the tickets from the online site that is selling the Spain shows.

Last edited:
one thing more, then i am off to bed.... someone before hinted that we could use it for both europe and the us.... is that true?? i was almost positive that u could only use it once. it would make sense if you could use it for europe and the us because not many people can afford to fly between the two.

from the q & a on u2.com Tour Info:

Q. How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A. As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two (2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4) tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe).

well, that answers that... once again ramblin rose, you rule!!!! and you have all the answers.

ramblin rose said:
from the q & a on u2.com Tour Info:

Q. How Many Tickets Can I buy?
A. As a Paid-up U2.Com Subscriber you will be able to purchase up to two (2) tickets for any one (1) indoor show (North America) or up to four (4) tickets for any one (1) outdoor show (Europe).

Well, if this is supposed to mean that you can purchase tickets only once TOTAL through the presale for both US legs, then that means that everyone who used their code this time won't be able to be part of the presale for the fall leg ? That doesn't sound right, which is why I believe this code is good for the first US leg only.

shutdown said:

Well, if this is supposed to mean that you can purchase tickets only once TOTAL through the presale for both US legs, then that means that everyone who used their code this time won't be able to be part of the presale for the fall leg ? That doesn't sound right, which is why I believe this code is good for the first US leg only.

This is just to address whether or not we can buy tickets right now for both U.S and European shows. Since the codes are working for both right now.

Who knows what's going to happen for the 3rd leg.

how do you get into the pages for the European tickets? I turned off the firewall, what else do you have to do, it says something about browser settings, but what do you have to do exactly besides disabling the firewall?

just so you all know, i just sent an email to u2.com explaining how the code thing is a little confusing. I asked them to deactivate those codes that have already been used, to ensure that no one falls into the trap of using the code for both europe and the us. I also asked if they could void only the tickets that exceed the limit, and not the ones that are within the limit. again, probably will fall on deaf ears, but i figured i should do that. ramblin rose... your nephew is a great kid, he has an a in my class so far. just to let you know.

norsehorse23 said:
your nephew is a great kid, he has an a in my class so far. just to let you know.

Thanks! Yeah, he is a great kid.

btw, let us know if you get any type of human response from u2.com. It would be great to get this straightened out once and for all.

i did get a weird thing when i sent my 'contact us' letter, it led me to basically the q&a section on the website. of course it did not say anything at all about what happens if your code is used more than once. i am not counting on a response, but i did mention that other people have done the same thing as we have done. who knows, maybe they will do a posting on the site.

I would suck for me since I already used my code on nosebleeds, but, it's the best if they don't give more codes for the 3rd leg. Thay way he scalpers who bought 100's of codes are definitey out.

That is a good point, but if they do give us a code for the third leg, then the scalpers are back in business. My guess is if they are serious about this crackdown on scalpers they will know who they are and maybe deny them that new code.

Back
Top Bottom