do i fight with crazy madonna fans tonite to get my U2 chicago dvd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do i fight the crazy madanna fans tonite?

• yes go fight the crazy madonna fans

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • no stay home and get it tomorrow

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
or wait till tomorrow?

tower records will have it available tonite but they're also having a madonna cd release party...

what to do what to do...

i dunno if i'll be able to sleep tonite if i don't get it tonite :laugh:

lol... i was thinking about the same thing! decided that i best wait till tomorrow morning- there will surely be lots n' lots of Madge fans out in full force tonight. :wink:

(i do love her new single though- listened to it about 10 times in a row while getting ready to go out this past Saturday night!! :hyper: )

i wonder if theres any places around here where i could pick it up at midnight :hmm:

wait a sec- looks like i'd have to fight crazed Madonna AND Wilco fans if i go buy it tonight! Wilco is releasing a live DVD tomorrow, and there's a listening party at the Union Square Virgin Megastore tonight- plus, they're giving away free t-shirts to everyone who buys it at midnight.

hmmph. why can't they do this for U2??? :confused:

Chizip said:
i wonder if theres any places around here where i could pick it up at midnight :hmm:

Do you have Tower Records in STL? They are usually open late if something big is being released...

ah.

I miss my Tower. Used to have one by my old casa. Still remember picking up POP there. :)

Ah, good times.

ABEL said:
or wait till tomorrow?

tower records will have it available tonite but they're also having a madonna cd release party...

what to do what to do...

i dunno if i'll be able to sleep tonite if i don't get it tonite :laugh:

What, you'll face 3 or 4 people???

Re: Re: do i fight with crazy madonna fans tonite to get my U2 chicago dvd...

nbcrusader said:

Oh, you'd be surprised. Never underestimate the power of the Material Girl.

I don't even do midnight sales for brand new U2 albums! It's always a school night so I don't see how anyone can devote the proper listening to it after that. It will still be there in the morning. :)

Re: Re: do i fight with crazy madonna fans tonite to get my U2 chicago dvd...

nbcrusader said:

not at this tower records...i thought that too at first but the guy on the phone reminded me that their location is in the artsy gay part of town. he said there could be long lines.

Pop Artist said:
I don't even do midnight sales for brand new U2 albums! It's always a school night so I don't see how anyone can devote the proper listening to it after that. It will still be there in the morning. :)

well i don't have to work till noon, which means i'd either have to get up early tomorrow or wait all day at work to get it tomorrow night. since i'll be up at midnite anyway might as well go buy it :wink:

ABEL said:

well i don't have to work till noon, which means i'd either have to get up early tomorrow or wait all day at work to get it tomorrow night. since i'll be up at midnite anyway might as well go buy it :wink:

Well I am buying mine on the way into work tomorrow and will watch it when I get home (assuming I will get home early enough). :)

Re: Re: Re: do i fight with crazy madonna fans tonite to get my U2 chicago dvd...

ABEL said:

not at this tower records...i thought that too at first but the guy on the phone reminded me that their location is in the artsy gay part of town. he said there could be long lines.

:laugh:

sorry, but that is funny.

and true.

even if you got it tonite, would you have time to watch it? I've had my copy here for 6 hours now, and I work at home, but no time to watch it. Yet... The day is still young...

I got mine on Saturday...payed a little more for it then i would if i would have waited until tomorrow..but thats ok its U2!! :hyper:
I'm still going to get the regular edition tomorrow tho.. :drool:

just got my copy and first thing I noticed was the strange way they packaged it. the 2 discs are layered on top of each other, so you have to take one out to get to the other.

Off topic question, but Irvine, do you have taco flavored kisses by any chance?

so i went to walmart because its the only place open 24/7 that sells this kind of crap around here, and they had the standard edition but not the deluxe :mad: :mad: :mad: :sad:

:hug:

the madonna crowd wasn't actually that scary.
they divided us into two lines too.
one for the madonna release, and the other line for everything else.
apparently there were also green day and springsteen releases tonite :shrug:
i think about 80% of the ppl in line for madonna were gay men.

angel_28 said:
I got mine on Saturday...payed a little more for it then i would if i would have waited until tomorrow..but thats ok its U2!! :hyper:
I'm still going to get the regular edition tomorrow tho.. :drool:

I do the same for every new U2 album, know a small place that will sell it to me the Thursday before it comes out but it is at a premium (actually their normal price but the big boys discount so heavily).

Went to buy the DVD this morning before work...Tower in the Village didn't even have it out yet! They are sadly slowly fading away. Anyway walked a couple of blocks down to the Best Buy off of Houston...apparently it is selling well (or U2 fans are just early <g>), they had piles of the new DVD releases out on a table and I got the last deluxe edition (all the others still had multiple copies). ($22.99 today at Best Buy).

Last edited:
Well it wasn't exactly a fight for me to get it, as I got the dvd during the day. The thing that threw me off is this, I got it from HMV for 25.99 (bit pricey IMO) but it was close to me. My friend bought it from the HMV superstore and they were the only place that sold it for nearly 10 bux less for one day only. I was like what a jip!

I heard the new Madonna a few days before its release, but then again who hasn't....at first it was alright, then the second time I listened to it, was plain terrible LOL.

Back
Top Bottom