Different People, Same Billing Address, Mind-Numbing Fear

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lancerla

The Fly
My wife and I were both Propaganda members -- even before we were married.

In the third leg pre-sale, she bought 1 pair of GAs with her code, I bought 1 GA and one pair of seats with mine (I didn't get any first round). The GAs fall on opposite days (so we don't break the 2 GA per show rule), and we were going to give the seats to a huge U2 friend of ours for a gift.

ANYWAY, she used a credit card with her name and I used one with mine, but we, obviously, both have the same billling address.

Is that going to get out tickets cancelled? Anyone get an email saying their tix were printed? My card hasn't been charged yet so I'm freaking out.

Lance

It never hurts to call Ticketmaster...

p.s. -- I'm jealous you have a U2-obsessed life-mate!

My wife and I are in the same situation. We have, however, bought 10 tickets for the first leg and 2 for the second and have recieved all of them with no complications. I would suggest spreading them across a few cards.

Got to love being married to a die hard U2 fan. We met at a show!

So, where's the catch in ticketmaster?

Is it the same person, the same card, or the same billing address?

If uh, my friend has two cards with separate billing addresses, both of which are fine to ship to, could I (MY friend, I mean!) fire both of these at the same time without them cancelling eachother out?

OR, thinking as I write this out, was my multiple window searching just a problem on the first round not because of the card being from the same place, but that I was using my code and they didn't want THAT going through multiple times? Can the general sale just be a total onslaught of however many windows I can get to fire it up via Internet Explorer? Not trying to get a hoarde of tix, just gettin' in the door!

to add to this question: me, my brother, and my sister in law are all going to try to order 2 GA's for the same show each, we have the same billing address but different cards & ticketmaster accounts, will we be fine?

I've ordered tix with two different CCs for GA tix, so 'same person' isn't an issue. I think it's more of same CC or [same person & same billing address] issue. There'll be a million John Smiths, but what are the chances that there are two of them living at the same address? Though my theory is problematic when Jr.s and Sr.s come into the picture.

Anyhoo, how about changing your mailing addresses online to ensure that they're different? Like Hewson St. vs. Hewson Street, Apt 1? Or using your work address temporarily?

i was wondering the very same thing...i will tell you what i have learned

my situation is that i live in an apartment with two other guys. i was able to order 2 GAs today in the presale, and my roommate would like to try and get some more on Saturday's onsale. I was worried because, living in the same apartment, we have the same billing address...even though we are two different people, with two different credit cards/bank accounts/even banks.

i called TM and spoke to a customer service rep and he didnt know the answer off of the top of his head, so he put me and hold for awhile and checked or something. when he came back, he said that the tickets that my roommate would order on saturday (if they were GAs of course) would most likely get cancelled because it is an automated system that does the checking and running through of all of the orders. i know that this is conflicting information to what some have said, I am just telling you what they told me today. i will most likely be calling another TM office tomorrow and seeing if they give me the same response. i think that it is a really messed up situation if that is the case, and we will hopefully figure it all out and work otu a way to get what we both want. (i.e. using someone else's cc)

what about the issue of apartment COMPLEXES as a whole? if my address is 4900 E. Sampson St, apartment #1020, what if someone else in my same apartment complex, who i dont even know or interact with tries to order tickets online...their address is 4900 E. Sampson St too, but only their apartment # differs. Hopefully the ticketmaster system is a little more advanced than that, but after doing credit card transactions while working at a bank, all we ever verified (or i should say, all the credit card machine ever asked for during verification) was the first 4 digits of the address (4900) and the billing zip code. this would screw everything up for apartment complexes. anyways, enough rambling, lemme know if you talk to TM and find out anything else.

PS...still looking for confirmation that we can buy more GAs during the general sale if we got some in the presale...seems kind of sketchy and may use that as a last resort

Jamador79 said:
i will most likely be calling another TM office tomorrow and seeing if they give me the same response. i think that it is a really messed up situation if that is the case, and we will hopefully figure it all out and work otu a way to get what we both want. (i.e. using someone else's cc)

i'd be really grateful if you followed up on what happened on your second call to TM

Jamador79 said:
i was wondering the very same thing...i will tell you what i have learned

my situation is that i live in an apartment with two other guys. i was able to order 2 GAs today in the presale, and my roommate would like to try and get some more on Saturday's onsale. I was worried because, living in the same apartment, we have the same billing address...even though we are two different people, with two different credit cards/bank accounts/even banks.

i called TM and spoke to a customer service rep and he didnt know the answer off of the top of his head, so he put me and hold for awhile and checked or something. when he came back, he said that the tickets that my roommate would order on saturday (if they were GAs of course) would most likely get cancelled because it is an automated system that does the checking and running through of all of the orders. i know that this is conflicting information to what some have said, I am just telling you what they told me today. i will most likely be calling another TM office tomorrow and seeing if they give me the same response. i think that it is a really messed up situation if that is the case, and we will hopefully figure it all out and work otu a way to get what we both want. (i.e. using someone else's cc)

what about the issue of apartment COMPLEXES as a whole? if my address is 4900 E. Sampson St, apartment #1020, what if someone else in my same apartment complex, who i dont even know or interact with tries to order tickets online...their address is 4900 E. Sampson St too, but only their apartment # differs. Hopefully the ticketmaster system is a little more advanced than that, but after doing credit card transactions while working at a bank, all we ever verified (or i should say, all the credit card machine ever asked for during verification) was the first 4 digits of the address (4900) and the billing zip code. this would screw everything up for apartment complexes. anyways, enough rambling, lemme know if you talk to TM and find out anything else.

PS...still looking for confirmation that we can buy more GAs during the general sale if we got some in the presale...seems kind of sketchy and may use that as a last resort

i'm in the exact same boat w/my roomate...and TM told me that they have to go thru and manually release tix 3-5 days after the order is placed. as far as our problem...i've had 4 different TM reps tell me totally different things on what will happen to mine and my roomies tix...ok, i'm paranoid! so, who knows....i'll believe i have tix when they are in my hand!

mel

popbellydancer said:

i'm in the exact same boat w/my roomate...and TM told me that they have to go thru and manually release tix 3-5 days after the order is placed. as far as our problem...i've had 4 different TM reps tell me totally different things on what will happen to mine and my roomies tix...ok, i'm paranoid! so, who knows....i'll believe i have tix when they are in my hand!

mel

did anyone say the original tickets will get cancelled too?

innocent_eyes said:
Isn't it 2 GAs per SHOW...per billing address. In this case you would be fine...

actually yes, in term of lancerla's question, it shouldn't be a problem

but for others like me, popbellydancer, jamador79 we are trying to get 2 GAs each (multiple people at the same address) to the same show, and its very unclear at this point what will happen.. i'm hoping this gets cleared up in a few days on what will happen

Last edited:
In true Ticketmaster form it seems there is no clear cut answer. I worry as well, as my girlfriend and I are both U2.com members. I ordered a pair of tickets through the first North American presale, then used her code for Croke Park tickets. Problem being that she was at work when I bought the Croke tickets so I used my credit card. So for the presales I used my credit card twice but with two different codes. I did called TM Ireland and the rep assured me everything looked OK and that tickets will be mailed 6-8 weeks after purchase. I think only because the presales were in two different countries was I able to order them.

i called TM back today to get another version of the answer to my question about roommates wanting to order tickets. he said that even though we are two different people, two different last names, that the tickets my roommate might get on Saturday would be cancelled (if they were GAs, of course) by the system. This is really crummy but we are going to do soem sneaky business and use his girlfriend's credit card should we get lucky enough. Good luck everyone!

The TM guy @ Sunrise Records on Yonge Street I talked to today (near Bloor) said that it checks *strictly* the billing info, which is the Credit Card Name and the Credit Card Number. He seemed to know what he was talking about because he went into details. But then again, there are a lot of accounts of different things.

That being said, I might change my mailing address to a friends just to make sure I get the tickets.

Last edited:
Who cares if people have the same address! It's sooo ridiculous! I ordered with prop 2 gas and 2 regular seats to 2 different shows with the same credit card...You're making me worry :crazy:

one4u2 said:
Who cares if people have the same address! It's sooo ridiculous! I ordered with prop 2 gas and 2 regular seats to 2 different shows with the same credit card...You're making me worry :crazy:

thats no problem. whats up in the air is *two* seperate people at the same address trying to order 2 GA's for the *same* show

bcrt2000 said:
The TM guy @ Sunrise Records on Yonge Street I talked to today (near Bloor) said that it checks *strictly* the billing info, which is the Credit Card Name and the Credit Card Number. He seemed to know what he was talking about because he went into details. But then again, there are a lot of accounts of different things.

That being said, I might change my mailing address to a friends just to make sure I get the tickets.

be careful, because w/TM in the US the credit card info and address you use on TM has to match the address where you receive your ccard bills! i have seen and been told that they release tix if your billing addy doesnt' match that of your ccard.

mel

bcrt2000 said:

did anyone say the original tickets will get cancelled too?

that's the thing one person said they would, one said they wouldn't.

the 4 prop tix i got were for dc #1, and la #2, my roomie got la #1...do you think that means we're safe?

and can we both buy second night dc in the general onsale?

confused in la,
mel

popbellydancer said:

be careful, because w/TM in the US the credit card info and address you use on TM has to match the address where you receive your ccard bills! i have seen and been told that they release tix if your billing addy doesnt' match that of your ccard.

mel
doh, just realized that :|

There shouldn't be a problem. You had 2 seperate codes for 2 seperate people. You've both paid your money for a subscription -no problem. My girlfriend and I both have subscriptions and the billing address is the same for us both. Our credit cards have been billed for all.

popbellydancer said:

mel

you can call your ccard company and add a temporary address to your account

popbellydancer said:

mel

Just got off the phone w/ticketmaster and they told me that both my roommate and I would lose our tickets BUT b/c my ticket was under $100 they can send it to a different address and it won't cancel our orders. It doesn't matter what name or credit card used but where you are sending the tickets to. So the rep told me to set up a different address for where ticketmaster can send my tickets the next time to avoid the problem.

Hope that helps...

Wow, what ticketmaster is telling you doesn't seem to be what happened to myself and my husband. We both are U2.com members, and of course live at the same address, we both used our presale codes with the same address, and different credit cards for the presale, and then for the onsale did much the same thing. We recieved all of our tickets no problem. Now the only difference is we used them for different shows therefore not exceeding the 2 ticket limit per show per address.

My suggestion would be to have your roommate use a different credit card and maybe a friend (that you trust) or family members address:wink: ) Then you've covered all bases.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom