Did you see the line at the box office in NY?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2forlife

Refugee
I'm lost between the midnight and the dawning esca
What was up with that? How come so many tickets were released for sale on the day of the concert. Yes, I'm happy that true fans got to buy tickets at face value, however I don't feel it's right that they had to stand in line ALL DAY for that chance. If Ticketbastard is going to put tickets on sale, then they should put ALL tickets on sale.

Instead, few tickets went on sale. Ticket brokers got most of those tickets, sold them on ebay for the price of a home loan, then post messages about how the show is SOLD OUT! What an absolute racket! Only in NY.

Last edited:
u2forlife said:
What was up with that? How come so many tickets were released for sale on the day of the concert. Yes, I'm happy that true fans got to buy tickets at face value, however I don't feel it's right that they had to stand in line ALL DAY for that chance. If Ticketbastard is going to put tickets on sale, then they should put ALL tickets on sale.

Instead, few tickets went on sale. Ticket brokers got most of those tickets, sold them on ebay for the price of a home loan, then most messages about how the show is SOLD OUT! What an absolute racket! Only in NY.

Truth of the matter is there's a number of reasons as to why tickets become available the day of a show...for ANY venue, not just MSG. It could be that when the stage was erected they found additional sight lines that they could sell. There are comps that usually come back to the venue that are released the day of the show. The tickets that maybe the band hasn't used become available. Not to mention a way of letting fans actually get tickets for face value as opposed to the scalpers who were originally selling tickets on ebay. There's a ton of reasons as to why. I was sent an email on Thursday from the Meadowlands saying how a bunch of extra seats for the Springsteen show that night had just been made available. It could be anything.

I'm sure the fans who got in last night aren't complaining about it. :wink:

there were apparently a LOT of good seats made available at hte box office just before the show... tattoo dan ended up getting a seat in section 59... a few rows from The Edge... at the box office day of show.

happens everywhere... but i'm sure the suckers that shelled out 2,000 bucks to a scalper to sit in the same section weren't too thrilled about that news.

and speaking of scalpers... i would not be surprised in the least if these professional brokers... the online brokers, not the guys on the streets... have some sort of arrangement with ticketmaster to return all of their seats that they don't sell, and they, too, become part of the last minute "ticket-drop"

corruption abounds... ticketmaster blows

Last edited:
i completely agree.... i was watching ebay last night (5/21) around 6pm and scalpers were selling tickets and indicating that "the seat numbers will be announced shortly". myself, i translate this into the scalpers having a pretty firm inside connection at ticketbastard--they know they're getting more last minute tickets, they just don't know the exact seat numbers yet.

i find this to be particularly loathesome... i guess this is what happens when you have a complete monopoly like ticketbastard does.

I went and waited till about 9.
I was so tired and up until that time i only saw about 10 to 15 people being let to go to the box office, but it was strange that the box office still had people standing there trying to get tickets.
So where the heck were these people coming from?
The line was pretty long, being that late knowing they
probally already started the show, i had to leave.
So i just bought a shirt and did meet a sweet girl from Canada who i never got her name and another blonde girl on the side of the building while i was killing time before the show.
Oh well, i have October to look forward to..

I went to the box office at 11am and waited until about 615/630 hoping for some GA's or to upgrade my $100 seats. Turns out they only had (at least from what I saw) lower level seating. The seats they had were ridiculous. Most of them were 5th or 6th row in the lowest level right off the stage. And I was about #78 in line!! Whoever paid scalpers an arm and a leg must feel pretty dumb. At least they didn't have to wait in line all day haha

njelevation06 said:
I went to the box office at 11am and waited until about 615/630 hoping for some GA's or to upgrade my $100 seats. Turns out they only had (at least from what I saw) lower level seating. The seats they had were ridiculous. Most of them were 5th or 6th row in the lowest level right off the stage. And I was about #78 in line!! Whoever paid scalpers an arm and a leg must feel pretty dumb. At least they didn't have to wait in line all day haha

Sounds like these seats were exactly what was described: seats freed up because they were held due to bad sight lines. The load in changed that.

Just so the information is out there (I am not interested in creating a huge debate on whether or not Ticketmaster is corrupt or not) but Ticketmaster electronically transfers all funds from ticket sales to the promotor the second the event is scheduled to start. There is no reselling tickets back to Ticketmaster. Also why there are no refunds after an event has taken place. Ticketmaster no longer has your money to refund you. They will often refund their service fees and convenience charges.

However, it is common knowledge that venue employees routinely print up tickets that become available late and purchase tickets from scalpers at cut rate prices and sell them again as if they were official box office tickets. They are also known to print up counterfeits or shows with the wrong date on them. Look to the individuals before you assume that there is a major conspiracy of corporate corruption going on by a publicly traded and audited company that is the industry leader in its market.

What is more plausable? Some jerk at MSG box office making $60 bucks on the side, or Ticketmaster in bed with the dudes you see (all who are very well dressed, very well to do, well spoken, respectful legitimate business men [/sarcasm]) scalping tickets on the corner? The same guys Ticketmaster has spent millions and millions of dollars in technology trying to foil.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
there were apparently a LOT of good seats made available at hte box office just before the show... tattoo dan ended up getting a seat in section 59... a few rows from The Edge... at the box office day of show.

That truly is an amazing last minute seat at MSG!

Did they have these tix up for sale on the Ticketbastard site too?

I got in line for tickets at the Garden around 6 p.m. and got to the ticket window around 7:45 and got GA ticket. Was lucky enough to get scanned into the Ellipse. Man was I lucky!!!!!!!!

Yes you were considering I read elsewhere that there were only 10 ga's dropped for MSG
IN your assesment of the MSG box office .....at tha time how many best guess got sold??

I got one GA even though I was not at the box office. Also the security guard that managed the line let that scalper cut the line was reported and caught on camera phone video . I hope that dude looses his job. The scalper cut the line 4 times even when they drop GA's.

Super_Fan said:
I got one GA even though I was not at the box office. Also the security guard that managed the line let that scalper cut the line was reported and caught on camera phone video . I hope that dude looses his job. The scalper cut the line 4 times even when they drop GA's.

SuperFan, can I make a suggestion? No offense, but it might help if you read your posts before you submit them. Often times it takes me a good 5-10 minutes to figure out the cryptics of it all! :wink:

Nice one on the ticket however! I think it proves my point that the local contacts (box office employees, scalpers, security) are more likely on the take from this whole situation than Ticketmaster being involved.

Back
Top Bottom