Did this happen to anyone else?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Haven't posted here in awhile but I just attempted to purchase Chicago tickets with my "premium membership" password.

Here is what happened....I got in, wait time approximately 1 minute.
Great, I get to the ticket section and get 2 $165 tickets. Seat numbers pop up. Section 101, Row B, Seats 9 and 10. Done. I click purchase, I get to another page that tells me to confirm. I'm freaking out at this point because I got through and bought them.

Suddenly, the page finishes loading and says, "There was an error with your request, please try again later".

Thats it. Nothing more. So, I go back and start over. "No Tickets Available" over and over again. Finally, I get through again...go through the whole process and this is what pops up (I am copying and pasting):

There is a problem with your request.

This password has already been used to purchase tickets and is no longer valid

I call TicketBastard immediately. They tell me that they have nothing to do with my password and their suggestion is that I purchase another password. :|

They tell me that the presale is not their problem and if I am having problems with my password "it would make sense for me to call the people that gave me the password".

Its now 10:30. All the tickets are gone and I'm fucked.

I've been on hold with FanFire for 10 minutes. I talked to one supervisor and when I told her exactly what happened she said, "You can only use your password once. If they gave you seat numbers then you used it, regardless if Ticketmaster supplies you with tickets. What TicketMaster does has nothing to do with FanFire".

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I call TicketBastard immediately. They tell me that they have nothing to do with my password and their suggestion is that I purchase another password. :|

...right. great idea. :|

To answer your question that was happening to a lot of people earlier I know. :mad:

On the phone with FanFire. The owner of FanFire is on the phone with some bigwig at TicketMaster. FanFire has gotten over 10,000 calls in the last 30 minutes with the same story.

I have to call ticketmaster back now.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
.... Done. I click purchase, I get to another page that tells me to confirm. I'm freaking out at this point because I got through and bought them.

Suddenly, the page finishes loading and says, "There was an error with your request, please try again later".

In the past, people who have had similar experiences have found that the tickets actually were purchased, even though the error page came up. You should go to TM and check under your "order status". If there is nothing, call TM again and get them to see if your order actually did go throgh. I'm not saying it did but I know in the past this has worked for people.

Good luck

I had GA's and same thing happened. Call TM customer service and theyll give you a new password for free. But you still lose the tickets.

TicketMaster now reports that this is U2's problem and that I should "contact U2" for resolution.

FanFire reports that "this is TicketMaster's problem" and that I "should contact TicketMaster" for resolution.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
TicketMaster now reports that this is U2's problem and that I should "contact U2" for resolution.

FanFire reports that "this is TicketMaster's problem" and that I "should contact TicketMaster" for resolution.

Exactly what they told me. Oh, and of course the $40 is non-refundable. I read them the riot act. Then I called Principle Management and told them I plan to not support U2 anymore if this is how they treat their fans.

They advised me to fax them a letter with my concerns: (212) 765-2372.

SoCalMusic...........any other thoughts? Have you resolved the issue yet? Meaning, are you going to be able to purchase presale?

The problem, of course, is now the seats are gone.

But, I want a new damn password and I'm going to demand that they allow me to use it on the second leg or the third leg.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
SoCalMusic...........any other thoughts? Have you resolved the issue yet? Meaning, are you going to be able to purchase presale?

The problem, of course, is now the seats are gone.

But, I want a new damn password and I'm going to demand that they allow me to use it on the second leg or the third leg.

No, and beyond my letter to Principle, I'm not sure what success I'll have. I will try and dispute the charge with my credit card company. But these days, things usually go in favor of the person you paid, right?

I am so pissed right now, that I do intend to take my anger out on U2. Whether that's right or wrong, is my business. But I will not end up buying tickets for multiple shows, as I would have, and so in the end, I'll probably save some money as a result.

The process was so limiting, that it was bound to fail. And it's little surprise they are trying to run and hide. If they don't change their policy, and if U2 doesn't have the balls to call Fanfire out, and tell them to allow refunds, etc., then I hold U2 responsible, and won't support them in the way I would have. Let them have my $40, but they won't get my $160, that's for certain!

This happened to me with 2 GA tickets for the May 9th concert. I've emailed u2.com and fanfire and will try calling Ticketmaster to see if the order did go through. This is unbelievable -- they took a reliable, quality system (Propaganda) and replaced it with near chaos.

this happened to 100's of ppl on this board for europe.... i had great tickets but then it f**ked up.... it now says on u2.com front page that they are addressing the problem.... i am losing my faith in big organisations like this... I KNEW this would happen..... u2.com is the most pathetic website i have ever used, the buck stops with the band. They claimed in nme that they are the most independant band in the world in that they have control over everything. Well im sorry guys but this has to extend to your website and your quality control is non-existent. WAKE UP.

Re: Re: Did this happen to anyone else?

bobfrombob said:

In the past, people who have had similar experiences have found that the tickets actually were purchased, even though the error page came up. You should go to TM and check under your "order status". If there is nothing, call TM again and get them to see if your order actually did go throgh. I'm not saying it did but I know in the past this has worked for people.

Good luck

That happened to me twice with Springsteen tickets. Both times my order went through. Cross your fingers and pray.

This is out of control. I've now talked to FanFire 7 different times. They were very understanding but have explained that this is TicketMasters fault. I agree with them and they read me an email FROM Ticketmaster stating that they could reset the password.

Update: TicketBastard will be calling me back within the next 60 minutes with a new password.

They report that we CAN use the password for second and third leg tickets (when announced).

So, now I need to decide if I want to blow my magic password on shit tickets for Chicago or wait and hope I can use it for the third leg.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

Not to mention that yesterday the United Center seating layout showed a chart labeled "U2 concert" with the stage between secs. 103 and 109.

Now, today, it shows the stage at the opposite end of the arena, between secs. 120 and 114.

WTF?!?!

I have the version from yesterday, I printed it out. Glad I didn't get through and use that, thinking the stage was going to be on one end of the arena when it actually is on the other.

F'ers!

U2SavesTheWorld said:
Update: TicketBastard will be calling me back within the next 60 minutes with a new password.

They report that we CAN use the password for second and third leg tickets (when announced).

So, now I need to decide if I want to blow my magic password on shit tickets for Chicago or wait and hope I can use it for the third leg.

Anyone have thoughts on this?

I don't know about the accuracy but I've read on another thread here that about 10% of the tickets went in the presale. So there should still be 12,000 or 14,000 Chicago tickets in the public sale. Your chances of at least getting "shit tickets" should be pretty good. If I were you, I'd save it for third leg (or hope for shows to be added on first leg)

Update on my personal situation.

TicketMaster called me back this afternoon. I was threatened by them (they told me if I called again they would "mark my file") and hung up on.

Why did they call?

To tell me that there were "no more passwords and no new passwords would be handed out again".

I asked them if I was shit out of luck with my $20 password and they said yes. Better luck next time.

Same thing happened to me. At TM, after I clicked submit order button to finalize my order, I got the error message. I didn't know if my order got through. My code became invalid, too. I e-mailed them few times. I was so disappointed. After few hours, surprisingly, my code started working again. Did they help me? I don't know, but I'm searching for the tickets again. :slant:

TRUST ME - consider yourself lucky that you didn't get tickets through the pre-sale and you're only out $40. Most of the people that got tix today got the worst possible of the highest price ticket range - $167 tix that are in the back of the arenas. I don't think I've found one person on here totally happy with their tickets.

The pre-sale isn't worth it. Just wait for the regular sale.

I got lucky and got 2 GA for Chicago 5/9. Bizarre since I tried 5/7 then 5/9 and both times got nosebleed balcony - declined both. Then I typed an email for a minute and decided to try again. This time I chose 49.50 and Best Available rather than 49.50 and GA. 2 GA's popped up - crazy.
I figured if I didn't get Chicago tickets I'd try for Milwaukee in the Fall. The place is small and any seat would be great. However, seems like there will be lots of people looking to go there!

Back
Top Bottom